Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 14:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

I got after market mirror (NOT the whole assembly) for my Baleno for Rs 220/- only from a local accessories shop. They are as good as the OEM ones.

BTW, This thread can be merged with another one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post916326
Old 30th July 2008, 17:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I was told by a Kolkata dealer that the mirror is not available separately !!
This is strange, cause I received a receipt from Bimal that had a part number.
I shall try to pull that out.

Btw, can a maruti authorized service center sell a after market spare and charge me a fortune for the same ? I paid 1500 bucks because I thought it was a genuine maruti (MGP/SGP) spare part. Is this possible at all ?
Old 31st July 2008, 11:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I was told by a Kolkata dealer that the mirror is not available separately !!

ps: I believe there's already a thread(s) on Baleno spare parts/mirrors.

Shuvc talk to vr7om, he has got his mirror replaced from sum local guy.
Old 31st July 2008, 11:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Shuvc talk to vr7om, he has got his mirror replaced from sum local guy.
I had enquired at the Maruti workshop for Vroooooom's mirror ! But will surely follow up with them again when I land up next.

On the topic.
Recommended spark plugs for Balenos are a NGK model and a Champion model. NGK costs 150 odd per plug. Champion costs 50ish per plug. I've run on both. 1 set of Champions had a problem. NGK's have run fine.

What one needs to be careful about is this.
The service engineer mentioned that at times they run out of MGA spark plug stock (Champions. Normally NGK stock runs low). In such a situation they get the same Champion plugs from the local market. These have a poorer track record. But they still do it, to avoid the ignominy of telling a customer that the workshop has run out of plugs ! The Champions that had a problem in my car were sourced thus. It was good of him to own up and tell me before he replaced them.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:57   #20
bhp
BHPian

the side mirror is available at 1500/-.. its expensive as its SGP but this is like day light robbery of a car of this segment..

i got mine for 250/- pair locally (good enough quality)
Old 13th September 2008, 21:04   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the cost of the Baleno clutch. Also kindly suggest should I replace the clutch with the original SGP clutch or go for some performance clutch.

I had been to the MASS and they have quoted me Rs8000 + fitting charges for clutch plate & pressure plate. I would like to know if there is a cheaper option available which is better than the MASS clutch plates. I am sure some of the performance clutch plates also would cost around the same amount. Kindly help and suggest.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 15th September 2008, 10:21   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had been to the MASS and they have quoted me Rs8000 + fitting charges for clutch plate & pressure plate. I would like to know if there is a cheaper option available which is better than the MASS clutch plates.
8 grand is a pretty reasonable charge for the clutch components from an authorised channel. Unless you are into drag racing, I'd suggest this option over the after-market.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2008, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
This is strange, cause I received a receipt from Bimal that had a part number.
I shall try to pull that out.

Btw, can a maruti authorized service center sell a after market spare and charge me a fortune for the same ? I paid 1500 bucks because I thought it was a genuine maruti (MGP/SGP) spare part. Is this possible at all ?
Jeez, 1500 bucks looks steep, considering that my pal paid Rs 480 for replacing his Sonata Embera's OVRM.
While on this topic, it looks like Baleno's spares are way too costly--I remember reading somewhere on this forum that a set of rear lights costs around 20K!
Even Ford and Skoda will blush when they hear this.

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th September 2008 at 15:02.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:37   #24
BHPian

Yes you are right Vnabhi - Spares for Baleno are way too costly. That may be the main reason for the downfall of this beauty.

For e.g - When the Right side mirror assembly broke of my car - MASS quoted Rs 5310 for the same. That is way too costly. Now the clutch plate is 8000, you are right when you are saying the rear lights cost 20K, headlights cost 18k per light (for the bharat 3 model). This is really sad to know about the cost of the spares. But I feel Baleno is the most under rated car ever.
Old 17th September 2008, 04:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know what is the cost of the Baleno clutch. Also kindly suggest should I replace the clutch with the original SGP clutch or go for some performance clutch.

I had been to the MASS and they have quoted me Rs8000 + fitting charges for clutch plate & pressure plate. I would like to know if there is a cheaper option available which is better than the MASS clutch plates. I am sure some of the performance clutch plates also would cost around the same amount. Kindly help and suggest.

Regards,
Kailash
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
8 grand is a pretty reasonable charge for the clutch components from an authorised channel. Unless you are into drag racing, I'd suggest this option over the after-market.
You guys kidding? That's about double the cost!
Old 17th September 2008, 07:11   #26
BHPian

Hi V1p3r - Do you know the exact cost of the clutch plates and pressure plates. As I got 8000k from MASS mumbai,It would be really great if you could tell me exact cost along with where can I get it
Old 17th September 2008, 09:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

original sgp clutch costs around 3.7k
For 8k you can get a performance clutch by exedy
Old 17th September 2008, 11:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

kailashnj,
Do you know whats the mgp brand of clutch MASS is giving?
Ceekay brand cost 2300 approx for the clutch set.i have seen MASS guys buy this from auto stores.Go to prakash auto store near milan subway. I would recommend changing the clutch bearing and spring when you replace the clutch assembly. they dont cost much. When replacing have a check on the flywheel for evenness. new flywheel cost less than 1000 if required. Also check the oil seal behind flywheel when opening as i found mine leaking due use of mobil1. Dont buy valeo brand.
Old 21st September 2008, 06:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
the side mirror is available at 1500/-.. its expensive as its SGP but this is like day light robbery of a car of this segment..

i got mine for 250/- pair locally (good enough quality)
Are you talking about just the glass? Or the entire mirror assembly?
If glass only, how did they fit it?
Old 21st September 2008, 10:40   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I think, the stock clutch with fitting costs around 5k at a MASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks