Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:21   #121
BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I changed both the ignition coils of my baleno at 98,000 kms on 12 Dec 2011. Cost RS. 1500 each, total Rs. 3000.

The car was smooth in petrol, but not smooth on LPG. That's why I changed. Now, it is ultra smooth on both petrol and LPG. I changed the cord set of the ignition coil also. Cost approx 530 per set of two.

All the spark plugs, I had changed to new NGK iridiums last month. So, my complete set is new now.
Strange I am getting a quote of Rs 3200 for one unit of ignition coil from MASS. Can you tell me the part number and whether you got these @ Rs 1500 each from MASS or outside.

I know that Lucas 26041023 for wagon R and Baleno (DDLI Coil) is available at MRP of Rs 2122.56 but I couldn't find it at aftermarket spare parts shops.
Old 24th March 2012, 01:26   #122
A.R
BHPian

I am told that the front left lower arm anf suspension strut bushes need replacement. SGP are obviously expensive, comes to around 10k with labor. Any reliable alternatives in Bangalore please?
Old 24th March 2012, 12:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
I am told that the front left lower arm anf suspension strut bushes need replacement. SGP are obviously expensive, comes to around 10k with labor. Any reliable alternatives in Bangalore please?
Here you go. No better place in blr to get aftermarket spare for indian cars.
Old 24th March 2012, 14:49   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm running on Rane lower arm for the past 1 year without any issues. It had cost me 1800/- for a single arm then.
Old 25th March 2012, 20:38   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
...As I know a spare parts dealer in Mysore, I checked with him, he provided me aftermarket solutions for both the tail lamp and the bumper.

Rear bumper:4400/- without paint
Tail light: 1650/-
One of my tail lights was also smashed by an idiot who thought vandalising my car was justified after I mistakenly parked my car in his parking spot. Anyway after giving him a piece of my mind and explaining to him how much of a disgrace he was, he duly apologised. Anyway that is all another story and so apologies.

Could you share a pic of the tail light that you got? Does it look as good as the original? How is the fitting? I was quoted 4.5k by the official Maruti Spare Parts Dealer near JC Rd, but I also go similar quotes of 1650 for aftermarket. Just have doubts about whether the 3k saving is worth it as regards quality and looks.

Cheers.
Old 25th March 2012, 21:40   #126
A.R
BHPian

Thanks much binz and thoma. I will be checking out this place soon.
One Question: Since Maruti service centers won't fit non SGP parts for me, is there a good place for parts fitment?
Old 25th March 2012, 22:53   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Strange I am getting a quote of Rs 3200 for one unit of ignition coil from MASS. Can you tell me the part number and whether you got these @ Rs 1500 each from MASS or outside.

I know that Lucas 26041023 for wagon R and Baleno (DDLI Coil) is available at MRP of Rs 2122.56 but I couldn't find it at aftermarket spare parts shops.
I got it from MASS only. Replacement also done from there. Popular Vehicles and Services Limited, Maruti Authorised service Centre, Ankamaly, Ernakulam District. Phone : 0484 - 2452043.

I will try to locate the bill or the packing of the ignition coil for the part number.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:52   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
One of my tail lights was also smashed by an idiot who thought vandalising my car was justified after I mistakenly parked my car in his parking spot. Anyway after giving him a piece of my mind and explaining to him how much of a disgrace he was, he duly apologised. Anyway that is all another story and so apologies.

Could you share a pic of the tail light that you got? Does it look as good as the original? How is the fitting? I was quoted 4.5k by the official Maruti Spare Parts Dealer near JC Rd, but I also go similar quotes of 1650 for aftermarket. Just have doubts about whether the 3k saving is worth it as regards quality and looks.

Cheers.
The aftermarket tail light very much similar to the original SGP in terms of quality and looks. My car is currently in Mysore. Else I could have posted a pic for comparison.
To be honest it is very hard to find any kind of difference. Besides the tail light cluster does not hamper with any of the critical functioning of the car. I would suggest go for the aftermarket one and save 3K.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
I got it from MASS only. Replacement also done from there. Popular Vehicles and Services Limited, Maruti Authorised service Centre, Ankamaly, Ernakulam District. Phone : 0484 - 2452043.

I will try to locate the bill or the packing of the ignition coil for the part number.
Could you find out the part code ,was it 33400-65G01 (coil comp ignition)?
Old 31st March 2012, 23:52   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Could you find out the part code ,was it 33400-65G01 (coil comp ignition)?
Sorry for the delay.

Two ignition coils came in two separate packets. The label on the pack was as follows :

Pack 1 :

Maruti Suzuki India Limited
33400 M 62J00
F Floor COIL ASSY IGNITION
Qty 1 No. Packed on 11-2011
MRP Rs. 1631 (incl of all taxes)
Unit sale price Rs. 1631 (incl of all taxes)
1111D28700000CEC4D..(not clear)

Pack 2 :

All same except :
Packed on 06-2011
MRP Rs. 1847
1106A083000007073C2A6

The long sequence is just above the bar code. may be the bar code itself.

Both packets together, they charged Rs. 3000, that's what I remember.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 13:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

The passenger side wiper has worn out it's thread it seems. The motor is turning, but the wiper just twitches a bit and stays put. I've taken it off for now.

The wiper arm is of Syndicate make.

Any clue how much they cost?
Are they common with any other car?
Any other alternate makes?
Old 5th April 2012, 22:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

Go for Bosch/ Hella make, its is superior to the Syndicate on your car.
Old 6th April 2012, 00:48   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much binz and thoma. I will be checking out this place soon.
One Question: Since Maruti service centers won't fit non SGP parts for me, is there a good place for parts fitment?
Hey, you can have a look at this thread
Old 18th April 2012, 01:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Exactly what my MASS told. For the last service, I gave it outside MASS, for changing the frequently getting kaput lower arm to non-OEM Rane make. Then they permanently pulled up the window to a fixed position, so that you cannot open the window.

Do you intend to fix your power window from Mumbai?
Frequently getting Kaput lower arm? My Baleno has lasted 75 k on the original lower arm till now and has seen a pretty rough terrain for nearly 20% of the life.
Old 18th April 2012, 13:39   #135
Senior - BHPian

Could you guys please help me in finding a single hubcap for the stock 14" alloys. I am unale to find them about here. Its the small cover in the centre of the alloys, black in colour with the Suzuki logo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks