Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 13:57   #226

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Indian make is available for about 450 Rs. There are two mountings and the price is almost the same for both. I got them changed last month.
Hey wanderernomad - Can you share where you purchased these engine mounts? mine need to be replaced and I havent found one less than 6500 each (SGP cost)

thanks, Satya
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:24   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya08 View Post
Hey wanderernomad - Can you share where you purchased these engine mounts? mine need to be replaced and I havent found one less than 6500 each (SGP cost)

thanks, Satya
Delhi Lajpat Nagar Market.
Old 4th December 2014, 14:03   #228

Great thanks wanderernomad. do you recall the brand? I will try and search for it in Mumbai.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:16   #229
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have the following issues with my Baleno VXI, 11 years old, done 60,000 km.

1. Not starting.

I had come back as usual from my 6 km city drive. As my sister's car battery was dead, I wanted to put my Baleno battery in her's to get it started. I managed to only disconnect the Negative lead of my Baleno batter but as the Positive was too tight, I connected the negative back. After that, I noticed that the front & back parking lights, dashboard lights would blink in the following cycle: 30 times on and off, then a pause and start's to blink again. This went on for 3 cycles and then it stopped. The red indicator light on the right of the steering would also blink but this was a fast blink.

I tried to start the car but the starter would not crank. I can hear a click when I turn the key but that's it, the starter does not crank. The battery is fully charged. Headlights, central locking, music system and fan are all working fine. The headlights don't dim even slightly so I am guessing power is not going to the starter. I checked all the fuses, both the main box in the engine bay and the fuses behind the dashboard on the driver's side. They all seem to be fine.

The car however starts with a push start. Btw, I do not use the remote for the last few years and open & lock the car manually so I am wondering if there is some Immobiliser setting?

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

2. Screeching noise from clutch?

Occasionally there is this screeching noise from the clutch I think. It always disappears on its own after driving just 100-200 meters or I clutch - declutch two or three time. There is no loss power when this happens, it's only the terrible, very attention grabbing noise!

Does this need a clutch replacement or is it something minor?

3. Suspension thuds ...

I feel the suspension has become weak and it goes into potholes with a thud. The car is otherwise behaves just as it did before expect for this part. In its entire life, I have never driven the car rough and have always taken lots of emotional mechanical care for it except for some very few of those unavoidable bumps & potholes during highway driving.

Requesting Bhpians to kindly advise on what needs to be done for the above. For now, I need to just get it to start.

Also, should I take it to MASS (thinking of Mandovi, Wilson Garden) or an FNG? Given the spare costs & labour costs at MASS, I am dreading the potentially fat bill. FNG would be also be fine. If FNG, can anyone recommend a good one in Bangalore? I live near Cant Rly station, but don't mind going far for my Baleno.

My thanks in advance for all the assistance,
musa

Last edited by Musa : 17th December 2014 at 11:21. Reason: Improve readability.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa
1. Not starting.
I had come back as usual from my 6 km city drive. As my sister's car battery was dead, I wanted to put my Baleno battery in her's to get it started.
I don't have an explanation for the car not starting, but I think you should invest in a good jump-start cable (instead of switching batteries between cars).

Quote:
Occasionally there is this screeching noise from the clutch I think. It always disappears on its own after driving just 100-200 meters or I clutch - declutch two or three time. There is no loss power when this happens, it's only the terrible, very attention grabbing noise!
Not an expert, but I don't think this is the clutch. Must be some belt.

Quote:
3. Suspension thuds ...
I feel the suspension has become weak and it goes into potholes with a thud.
Had a similar issue with my 10-yr 80k km Baleno and looks like the front suspension is gone. Getting it repaired currently - will update details on my Baleno thread in a day or two.

Quote:
should I take it to MASS (thinking of Mandovi, Wilson Garden) or an FNG? Given the spare costs & labour costs at MASS, I am dreading the potentially fat bill.
MASS might be costly. But anyway take it to them and ask them to give an estimate for fixing the above issues, then get the same from a trusted FNG. And make a decision. SGP spares might be costly and hard to come by.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 12:14   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
After that, I noticed that the front & back parking lights, dashboard lights would blink in the following cycle: 30 times on and off, then a pause and start's to blink again. This went on for 3 cycles and then it stopped. The red indicator light on the right of the steering would also blink but this was a fast blink.

I tried to start the car but the starter would not crank. I can hear a click when I turn the key but that's it, the starter does not crank. The battery is fully charged. Headlights, central locking, music system and fan are all working fine. The headlights don't dim even slightly so I am guessing power is not going to the starter. I checked all the fuses, both the main box in the engine bay and the fuses behind the dashboard on the driver's side. They all seem to be fine.

The car however starts with a push start. Btw, I do not use the remote for the last few years and open & lock the car manually so I am wondering if there is some Immobiliser setting?

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

sounds like your immobiliser, although i dont understand how it starts with a push.

Call the Nippon call centre (a Maruti dealer can give you the number). The nippon guy comes home and fixes your problem. I believe the Baleno antenna is also serviced by Nippon.

the screeching is from a belt probably.

Please keep us posted on the suspension bits.
the_trooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 12:30   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

I have the following issues with my Baleno VXI, 11 years old, done 60,000 km.

1. Not starting.
This is the immobiliser, open a dash panel below the steering the immobiliser unit is available there it is a square flat box about 4 inches square. Disconnect it your central locking will work fine. This happens as the immobiliser is reset on battery disconnection, your siren is not working or it would be hooting too. The other way is to unlock the car with the remote.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 12:56   #233
BHPian

Quote:

Does this need a clutch replacement or is it something minor?

3. Suspension thuds ...

I feel the suspension has become weak and it goes into potholes with a thud. The car is otherwise behaves just as it did before expect for this part. In its entire life, I have never driven the car rough and have always taken lots of emotional mechanical care for it except for some very few of those unavoidable bumps & potholes during highway driving.

musa
On the screeching noise, do note that this can also be the Alternator belt being loose, get all belts tightened.

Are the thuds appearing on small uneven surfaces too, then it can be the lower arms.
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 17:23   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
This is the immobiliser, open a dash panel below the steering the immobiliser unit is available there it is a square flat box about 4 inches square. Disconnect it your central locking will work fine. This happens as the immobiliser is reset on battery disconnection, your siren is not working or it would be hooting too. The other way is to unlock the car with the remote.
Thanks ssingri for the inputs. It is exactly as you have mentioned.

I forgot why I was not using my remote. Both had stopped working. I fished them out, got a new battery for the remote and "managed" to unlock the car with the remote.

I say "managed" because even with the new battery in the remotes, they are not really working. The red indicator light on the remote barely flickers and that too very dim and erratically. So holding the remote on top of the dashboard and clicking the it several times, the car finally unlocked via the remote and I can start it without a problem.

I am mobile again and I like to know exactly what happened when I am in a situation. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
On the screeching noise, do note that this can also be the Alternator belt being loose, get all belts tightened.

Are the thuds appearing on small uneven surfaces too, then it can be the lower arms.
Looks like it is the alternator belt, because the noise disappears even if I just leave the car on idle after starting for a while with zero movement / use of the clutch.

Yes, to me it appears that the thud appears in places it should not. For example, when going over a speed breaker with a decent slope and even small potholes. Does it mean I may need to get the lower arms replaced?
Planning to take the car 1st week of Jan for service. So I am sure with Bhpians's inputs, I will be able to speak like a car geek to the service advisor. Thank you Shiv Shanker!
Old 24th December 2014, 18:47   #235
BHPian

Like I said in my earlier post, even with a new battery in the remotes, they are not working. The red indicator light on the remote barely flickers and that too very dim and once in several attempts. So holding the remote on top of the dashboard and clicking the it several times, the car finally unlocked via the remote

Opened the remotes of my Baleno and on closer inspection looks like some oxidation etc of the circuit. Here are the pics of the remote IC

Can the remote be repaired? If so, where do I go for this in Bangalore?
Can I get a new remote that will work with the already installed immobiliser? If so again, who & where in Blr?

My thanks in advance.
musa
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-img_20141224_170347.jpg  

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-img_20141224_170420.jpg  

Last edited by Musa : 24th December 2014 at 18:54. Reason: Added context.
Old 27th December 2014, 11:46   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like I said in my earlier post, even with a new battery in the remotes, they are not working. The red indicator light on the remote barely flickers and that too very dim and once in several attempts. So holding the remote on top of the dashboard and clicking the it several times, the car finally unlocked via the remote

Opened the remotes of my Baleno and on closer inspection looks like some oxidation etc of the circuit. Here are the pics of the remote IC

Can I get a new remote that will work with the already installed immobiliser? If so again, who & where in Blr?

My thanks in advance.
musa
Call this number - 98450 - 67 One Eight Eight

I cant remember his name, but he is from nippon and will pair a replacement remote for you. It should cost you about Rs. 1000 - 2000 for a new remote.
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 22:05   #237
BHPian

Quote:

My thanks in advance.
musa
Ammy Enterprises +(91)-80-22234625, +(91)-9035400401 This guy is off mission road near the cancer hospital. Need to go there sometime as my remote is also giving me trouble.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 18:23   #238

Hi Guys - Could anybody share the price for drive shafts and and the best ones please. Also, where is it available in Bangalore.

I inquired in JK Automobiles on JC road and they quoted 3.5K each for Precision brand.
Old 7th April 2015, 13:30   #239

Hello All!

I have had a Baleno for the last 10 years and just completed 1L km in it! As all of you would agree, Its an amazing car and I plan to hold on to it for a few more years. Thankfully the engine is still strong and absolutely no issues there, however I think its time to get some serious overhauling.

I am planning to replace the brake pads, clutch assembly and the front suspensions.

I got a quote of 40k (should nt surprise a Baleno owner ) from MSM, Chennai.

Are there any other place apart from ABT and MSM that I can get this done at a lower cost?

I have always been servicing in either ABT or MSM and after a few incidents I have stopped servicing from ABT.

Anyone else have any other contact in Chennai?

Appreciate any help!

Cheers!
Varun
Old 26th April 2015, 11:14   #240
BHPian

llintron lower arms are now available for baleno for 3k a pair.its a genuine Indian brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks