Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:10   #196
BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

friends,

I have a long list of TO Do's on my Baleno,

1. Suspension replacement : - need references for actual work done with alternatives.

2. Main Power window Switch : - MASS is quoting 10K

3. winder Motor ; - Again MASS is quoting me 11K for this

4. Central locking system : people are claiming the starter cut off does not come with the latest ones from Nippon.

Suggestions are most welcome,
Old 11th April 2014, 12:19   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
For the power window motor, find out why it needs replacement. If the cable is broken, you can get it repaired for around 1/10th that amount.
I am in the process of getting the rear power window repaired for my Baleno and will have it back in a week. Will let you know if it's a satisfactory job.
sonic_boom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 13:38   #198
BHPian

Hi Friends. Just got a call from my mechanic saying that my Baleno's front left Steering Rack Boot needs replacement and he's finding it tough to source one. SGP original is around 2.5K which IMO is a rip-off, but even that will take 2 weeks to source.

Any other suggested options(SGP or otherwise)in Pune/Mumbai?
Old 8th May 2014, 18:39   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
Hi Friends. Just got a call from my mechanic saying that my Baleno's front left Steering Rack Boot needs replacement and he's finding it tough to source one. SGP original is around 2.5K which IMO is a rip-off, but even that will take 2 weeks to source.

Any other suggested options(SGP or otherwise)in Pune/Mumbai?
I am pretty sure the one from the esteem will fit just fine.Itll be 150 bucks, pick it up and give it a shot
Old 19th May 2014, 13:45   #200
BHPian

Quote:
friends,

I have a long list of TO Do's on my Baleno,

1. Suspension replacement : - need references for actual work done with alternatives.

2. Main Power window Switch : - MASS is quoting 10K

4. Central locking system : people are claiming the starter cut off does not come with the latest ones from Nippon.

Suggestions are most welcome,
Hi,
Just did a suspension and gearbox overhaul recently here are the spares costs, the struts used were TRW.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-tbhp.jpg  

ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 14:11   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
Hi,
Just did a suspension and gearbox overhaul recently here are the spares costs, the struts used were TRW.
Thanks for the detailed breakup of spares and cost.
Could you mention where you got the work done in Bangalore, my brother's baleno is up for suspension overhaul.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:47   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Thanks for the detailed breakup of spares and cost.
Could you mention where you got the work done in Bangalore, my brother's baleno is up for suspension overhaul.
I got it done at a FNG in JP nagar nothing great about the place or facilities. OMCars you can contact Swamy 9845072098 he is competent though.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 21:29   #203
BHPian

My dad has a 2003 Baleno Vxi in Pune and that is the reason I am on this site/forum. I would like to know if the rear suspension parts shown here are identical to what you guys have available there.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-screenhunter_66-jun.-06-11.52.jpg  

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-screenhunter_67-jun.-06-11.52.jpg  

Old 21st June 2014, 00:58   #204
BHPian

My dad is going to have his timing belt done pretty soon on his 2003 Baleno vxi 1.6L. He has already purchased a timing belt from Maruti and another from the market for half the price.
Apparently they are both made by the same company and look identical. Needless to say he is going to stick with the OEM part from Maruti. But, what I would like to know, is if there are any other options available for the idler pulley, tensioner and the cam and crank seals, or does he have to purchase these from Maruti as well?
Old 11th July 2014, 10:38   #205
BHPian

I would like to know what the labor is for changing the timing belt, tensioner and cam and crank seals on a 2003 Baleno vxi at an independent shop or the dealer.
Old 29th July 2014, 16:23   #206
BHPian

Recently done some big $$$ work on my Baleno VXi 2005. One of them was the Clutch Replacement. The clutch was getting as hard as a rock and was a pain to use in Mumbai traffic. Also, you could clearly feel it slipping while revving close to 3000 RPM.

Here is a rough guide for what to expect for the unavoidable clutch replacement for fellow Baleno owners :

Parts :
  1. Clutch Set - 4,900/-
  2. Cultch Rel. Bearing - 1,200/-
  3. Flywheel Bearing - 650/-
  4. Gear Oil - 632/-
  1. Clutch Change Labour - 1,950/-
  2. Flywheel Resurfacing - 550/-

Now the clutch is as light as a Hyundai hatch and the pulling power is improved too. It might be an illusion, but I feel the steering is lighter too which is a boon in the city.
Old 17th August 2014, 09:56   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The headlights of my Baleno are showing their age now, with the fiber becoming yellowed from heat and exposure, and scratched and glazed, and the inside reflector also not as shiny as it should be. In addition to better light, changing them would refresh the looks of the car itself.

However, the sealed beam assemblies are pretty expensive from what I hear for the Baleno. Any idea how much they cost from authorized MGA from the showrooms versus whether you can get the same original stuff from elsewhere at a cheaper rate?

Do you get non-original headlight assemblies for the Baleno? How is their performance (focus, throw, beam quality, etc.) Any preferred makes?
Bump ...

Fellows any ideas on replacement for the Head lights.. i am in a similar fix . .thinking of fixing a pair of Taiwan made lights on the front bumper as an alternate
Old 5th September 2014, 23:03   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
I am in the process of getting the rear power window repaired for my Baleno and will have it back in a week. Will let you know if it's a satisfactory job.
Where did you get this repair done? Are you satisfied with the work? My '06 vxi has been running with a nonworking rear-right power window for a year now. The MASS guy said the motor should be replaced. I didn't have the courage to even ask about the SGP price, and got the window permanent fixed shut. :-( But I definitely want to get it fixed if I can find an SGP alternative.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:09   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Bump ...

Fellows any ideas on replacement for the Head lights.. i am in a similar fix . .thinking of fixing a pair of Taiwan made lights on the front bumper as an alternate
Not sure about refreshing the looks but the headlight brightness can definitely be improved by plonking in a Hella wiring set with relays and a pair of 130/100W bulbs. I have personally done this and the brightness is phenomenal.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:11   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumards View Post
Where did you get this repair done? Are you satisfied with the work?
I got it done from Tune Up Plus in Pune. I'm totally satisfied with the work done at 1/10th the SGP OEM cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks