Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 09:38   #1
BHPian

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Want to start this thread to brainstorm about cheaper alternatives for Baleno spares, without compromising on quality.

Just the other day I had to get a new engine oil filler cap for the Baleno, the old one simply came apart in my hands as I was tightening it. I called the nearest MASS and was told a new one would be about Rs 500/- odd, as it was imported, and they would have to order it for me from Gurgaon.
Then I went to another MASS, and spoke to the head mechanic. He brought out the oil filler cap for another Maruti vehicle ( cannot remember which one). It was a MGP part, and was an exact fit. Cost - Rs 50/-!

Similarly, I've found that the door opening lever (inside) is about Rs 750/- if you fit the official Baleno spare, but the one for the Wagon-R is an exact replacement, for less than half the cost.

Any other spare parts that members here have discovered?
Old 24th July 2008, 10:05   #2
BHPian

This defenitely is a must do for all of us (Baleno owners). Such OE alternatives would defenitely save us money and also make sure that our cars work just fine.

Hope folks here could pool in their ideas about alternative - Baleno replacement parts like - Brake pads, drive shafts, etc...
Old 24th July 2008, 11:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Last week went to buy ignition coils to try isolate the vibration problem in my car., I was given lucas brand of wagonR. i am told alto, wagonR and baleno share the same model. it worked but the problem i have still exist. have a brand new set spare with me. the SGP item is denso brand. these lucas cost me 1500 each. i am not aware what MASS charges for baleno ignition coils.

Last edited by gigy : 24th July 2008 at 11:02.
Old 24th July 2008, 12:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftboost View Post
- Brake pads, drive shafts, etc...
Oh boy!Will you be in for a shock when you try to buy these.

My car just got them,taking delivery now.Wait for my report!
Old 24th July 2008, 13:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

brought original SGP front brake pads set for 1200 two months back. Indian ones come for 550 to 700. never buy pads of hindustan composites. they are like stones.
waiting for your drive shaft price. can you specify the reason to change the drive shaft, what were the symptoms?
Old 24th July 2008, 13:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for putting up. I hope this will help Baleno owners find some relatively cheaper solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
i am told alto, wagonR and baleno share the same model.
On the Baleno tool kit supplied by Maruti, it written Alto / Wagon R / Baleno.
This tool kit is very, very bad. The most pathetic I have ever seen. Can do almost nothing except helping in changing a punctured wheel.

Our November 1992 maruti 800 tool kit is much better than October 2005 Baleno tool kit.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Oh boy!Will you be in for a shock when you try to buy these.

My car just got them,taking delivery now.Wait for my report!

Binz,awaiting eagerly. This one is a must read thread for us Baleno Owners. Cost effective Pride reinstated
Old 24th July 2008, 17:44   #8
bhp
BHPian

Are SGP spares available locally ???

i am told by the service advisor at vitesse (maruti workshop) that now only MGP parts are available for the baleno...company has stopped SGP .

this is good news for all baleno owners
Old 24th July 2008, 20:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
brought original SGP front brake pads set for 1200 two months back. Indian ones come for 550 to 700. never buy pads of hindustan composites. they are like stones.
waiting for your drive shaft price. can you specify the reason to change the drive shaft, what were the symptoms?
Pads were about the same cost.I picked up the driveshafts personally from the distributor,SGP stuff 6k each.And i picked up two.They were making a teriffic metallic sound every time i turned the wheel.Hence the need to replace.

About 3 months back,replacing one Suspension bedding(Piece of rubber the strut bolts on to) Costed 2500 bucks.Sgp again.

Other stuff just replace were lower arms,ball joints,tie-rods,Brake pads and rear lining.Couple of other suspension stuff.

Will put the prices up soon.
Old 24th July 2008, 20:43   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Please limit this cost-cutting exercse to non-critical areas only. Continuing this exercise towards core components is definitely not recommended.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Please limit this cost-cutting exercse to non-critical areas only. Continuing this exercise towards core components is definitely not recommended.
I totally agree.
In fact I would prefer we share only MGP parts information, not after-market spares where compatibility cannot be underwritten by Maruti.
Old 25th July 2008, 21:11   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I totally agree.
In fact I would prefer we share only MGP parts information, not after-market spares where compatibility cannot be underwritten by Maruti.
I'm not sure I agree to that. We should try and have the information here on the forum, with the caution to readers that we are discussing options here, and just that. Just knowing that there are alternatives is worthwhile..
sirajma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2008, 11:19   #13
BHPian

Baleno Spare Parts

Hi,

Yesterday night some bloke driving an indica broke the right hand side mirror of my car.

Hence I went to check the price of the mirror for Baleno to MASS and got a shock of my life. Maruti Baleno mirror is available for 5310 a piece.

Is that correct price? Can you guys help me source a cheaper deal? Mirror is a piece which might break often and hence I feel that the price MASS quoted me is really high and there has to be a cheaper alternative.

All the help that you will provide will be helpful.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 30th July 2008, 12:50   #14
BHPian

The same thing happened to me 3 weeks back. The rate they have quoted you is for the full assembly. Fortunately for me only the mirror broke, everything else remained intact. I was charged 1500 (approx) for the mirror alone by Bimal.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
The same thing happened to me 3 weeks back. The rate they have quoted you is for the full assembly. Fortunately for me only the mirror broke, everything else remained intact. I was charged 1500 (approx) for the mirror alone by Bimal.
I was told by a Kolkata dealer that the mirror is not available separately !!

ps: I believe there's already a thread(s) on Baleno spare parts/mirrors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks