Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 14:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Frequently getting Kaput lower arm? My Baleno has lasted 75 k on the original lower arm till now and has seen a pretty rough terrain for nearly 20% of the life.
Yes, within 52k kms of running, I had to change at least one side more than twice. Hope yours is not the last Vxi upgrade with wider tires and auto A/C? Why I ask is because of this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
The issues with the Baleno's lower arm was early wear and tear of the bushes. I suspect the 2005 version Baleno Vxi needed a redesigned lower arm for the wider OEM tires used, instead of using the older lower arm.
Old 18th April 2012, 16:39   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, within 52k kms of running, I had to change at least one side more than twice. Hope yours is not the last Vxi upgrade with wider tires and auto A/C? Why I ask is because of this -
It is a Lxi but I upgraded the tires on the day of purchase to 185/65R14 Goodyear Eagle NCT5 (same as VXI) and then to Michelin XM1 and finally to Yokohama C.Drives - all in the VXI size of 185/65R14 .

But on the last service I was told that there was a rattle from the lower arm so guess mine is coming up for replacement too!
Old 18th April 2012, 18:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

I am also running Yoko C drives 185/65/14. With the issue of the hubcap no other issue at all. Lower arms are costly.
Old 18th April 2012, 18:28   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Did it work well as a bedside clock as well, all this time?
Can you believe that it got misplaced? we searched for it for sometime and could not find it.
Old 18th April 2012, 20:23   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Could you guys please help me in finding a single hubcap for the stock 14" alloys. I am unale to find them about here. Its the small cover in the centre of the alloys, black in colour with the Suzuki logo.
My car has one missing. I had asked several times. No luck.
I was offered a set of SX4 OE caps - for Rs. 400 apiece !!!!!
Old 18th April 2012, 21:58   #141
BHPian

I sold off my 2005 baleno last year just because we couldn't find spare parts for it.
Be it suspension or anything
Once it goes to the workshop it would at least take about minimum of 3-4 weeks to arrange the parts.

Apart from arranging the parts, the car was a joy to drive, the acceleration, the braking, the soundless nature of the car,
Everything was just so perfect.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:08   #142
Senior - BHPian

Yups I was offered the SX4 ones too but for the entire set I was quoted Rs 1550 or so with no option to buy single ones. Talk about high costs of skoda.
Old 24th April 2012, 16:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
My car has one missing. I had asked several times. No luck.
I was offered a set of SX4 OE caps - for Rs. 400 apiece !!!!!
Offtopic but even for aftermarket Alloys I have seen the dealers ask for INR 300 or so for these caps. So the INR 400 cost is not so high IMHO, given that every alloy would be nearly 5k+ each.
Old 25th April 2012, 00:20   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Once it goes to the workshop it would at least take about minimum of 3-4 weeks to arrange the parts.

Apart from arranging the parts, the car was a joy to drive, the acceleration, the braking, the soundless nature of the car,
Quite the opposite experience for me. Never had any significant waiting problems with spares. Max has been a week I think, for a lower arm. Took the car the day it arrived and was out the same day.

But then I can't say my 6.5yr old car is 'soundless' !! On smooth roads, yes .. else no . But then at 83K+ kms and counting, it's doing pretty well for it's age, touch wood !
Old 26th April 2012, 00:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
But then I can't say my 6.5yr old car is 'soundless' !!
i am not exaggerating, but when we shifted from out beleno to a new accord, i could feel the difference. Beleno was more silent than the accord.
Old 6th May 2012, 19:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the rear end of our Baleno has come down a bit than it was earlier. Is it the suspension getting too soft? What is a good solution for increasing the rear height of the body? Recharge the gas in the suspension?

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-dsc00803.jpg
Old 6th May 2012, 21:45   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that the rear end of our Baleno has come down a bit than it was earlier. Is it the suspension getting too soft? What is a good solution for increasing the rear height of the body? Recharge the gas in the suspension?

Attachment 924295
Check out for the coil spring assisters in the Technical stuff section. I am on the verge of ordering them for my Baleno, got fed up scraping some nasty speed breakers in y area.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:33   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been quoted 4k for the muffler from MASS, and moreover they tell that the spare is not available!
This time we gave the Baleno to a different MASS and they did a neat job of welding the plates inside the muffler, whereas the other MASS wanted to replace the part. Though I have my doubts on the longevity of the weld (the service adviser himself told that it could only last another 2 years before rust attacks again) and the full effectiveness of the plates (vs the plates under original design), I am glad that the muffler 'sounds' original and that it only cost me Rs. 700/-.

Last edited by thoma : 2nd June 2012 at 23:35.
Old 20th July 2012, 18:13   #149
BHPian

[quote=ssingri;2613994] I got the wheel bearing HUB from JK Automobiles in JC Road Bangalore. He gave me NTN make who are the OE suppliers for Suzuki.

ssingri, what has been your experience to date with the NTN bearing? Are you comfortable that you made the right choice?
I need to replace the same for my esteem and there is a huge price diff between MASS & J.C. Auto.

Thanks in advance.

Mods, please note that I had earlier posted a similar query on the
Esteem Rear Bearing thread. However, feel this may help shed light more effectively.
Old 20th July 2012, 21:00   #150
BHPian

[quote=rakirank;2846356]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I got the wheel bearing HUB from JK Automobiles in JC Road Bangalore. He gave me NTN make who are the OE suppliers for Suzuki.

ssingri, what has been your experience to date with the NTN bearing? Are you comfortable that you made the right choice?
I need to replace the same for my esteem and there is a huge price diff between MASS & J.C. Auto.
I have had no problems till now. As long as it from the OEM supplier it makes no difference, unless the part is a fake. I think that Esteem parts will be cheaper and easier to procure you may even get a local alternative.
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks