Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 19:09   #241

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Could anyone recommend a good and reliable FNG in Mumbai (I stay in Powai). I have a Baleno, and niggles have started cropping up, and it is that point where MASS is getting way too expensive.

I'd like to keep this car for a couple more years , so would like to find someone good and reliable.
Old 16th June 2015, 00:06   #242
KGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm running on Rane lower arm for the past 1 year without any issues. It had cost me 1800/- for a single arm then.
Can you please let me know the part number of the rane lower arm suitable for baleno or if the arm is common to any other car as rane dealer here at mumbai are not able to help me.
Old 16th June 2015, 06:54   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGK View Post
Can you please let me know the part number of the rane lower arm suitable for baleno or if the arm is common to any other car as rane dealer here at mumbai are not able to help me.
Not sure if it is Rane, but Dalvi auto parts Store Mulund does sell Lower Arms for Baleno at 1500 a pair.

Hope this helps
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:47   #244
Senior - BHPian

The CEL has been on for quite some time now on my Baleno due to the O2 sensor going kaput. Checked with Susee Spares (MGP stockists) and was told that Baleno came with 2 types of O2 sensors - one costing Rs2360 (not in stock, can get in 1 week) and the other costing Rs6700 (in stock). Are the 2 types of sensors MGP vs SGP ?

Anyway going through the following posts in this thread, I see that the Alto's O2 sensor is a good replacement for the Baleno. Planning to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
O2 censor in my Baleno was not working as a result the CEL was always on...ALTO O2 censor was replaced for SGP & it suits fine. I was told that Baleno censors costs Rs.2.8K whereas the alto censors priced at 1.5k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
I also replaced my Baleno O2 sensor with an Alto sensor today. Had to argue a bit with the Maruti workshop but in the end logic prevailed. Cost ~ INR 2400 I guess but will confimr as my wife paid the bill.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:23   #245
Senior - BHPian

Any Indian aftermarkets for the Baleno headlight assembly guys? I remember asking the same question here some time ago.

Mine have gotten very dull and milky (I think more after a repaint guy "polished" them to remove the glaze/yellowing when doing my front bumper).
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:45   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGK View Post
Please refer to this post. The aftermarket lower arms arent worth the risk.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3575592
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:15   #247
BHPian

Need to replace front passenger door handle of my Baleno; Any idea where I can get one. I spoke to a couple of Maruti dealers and they havent reverted so far.
Old 16th July 2015, 23:15   #248
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned in this thread, I had asked my mechanic to source the Alto's O2 sensor. But when I went to get it fitted today, found that it is not the correct replacement for the Baleno due to difference in wiring - the Alto sensor has a single wire, while the Baleno's has a 4-wire connection. Wonder how Surprise & Buffetfan were able to get the Alto's sensor fitted on their Balenos ?

Could this difference in wiring explain why there exists 2 types of O2 sensors for the Baleno as mentioned to me by the spares shop below ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Checked with Susee Spares (MGP stockists) and was told that Baleno came with 2 types of O2 sensors - one costing Rs2360 (not in stock, can get in 1 week) and the other costing Rs6700 (in stock). Are the 2 types of sensors MGP vs SGP ?
Old 17th July 2015, 17:37   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
As mentioned in this thread, I had asked my mechanic to source the Alto's O2 sensor. But when I went to get it fitted today, found that it is not the correct replacement for the Baleno due to difference in wiring - the Alto sensor has a single wire, while the Baleno's has a 4-wire connection. Wonder how Surprise & Buffetfan were able to get the Alto's sensor fitted on their Balenos ?

Could this difference in wiring explain why there exists 2 types of O2 sensors for the Baleno as mentioned to me by the spares shop below ?
Yes, the 94 HP cars (Euro II) were single wire sensors, later models had the heated sensors.
binz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 20:58   #250
BHPian

Recently replaced drive shafts of my 2004 Baleno vxi. SGP parts were too expensive 17k each
These were from an indian company trax and costed 7k a pair.
thepilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 21:30   #251
Senior - BHPian

Finally my mechanic was able to source a 4-wire O2 sensor (Alto's I guess, and probably shared by other Suzuki cars too) - got it fitted today and the CEL is finally gone. Cost Rs2700 including fitting. Replacing the O2 sensor is not really a big deal & can be a simple DIY. Just that unscrewing the old sensor is cumbersome, given the lack of space to manoeuvre the spanner.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 25th August 2015 at 21:32.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 20:33   #252
BHPian

Does anyone have any info about changing the speedo lights in the Baleno? One of them went kaput in mine. Is it DIY-able? Any idea where I can get the item online?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2016 at 22:50. Reason: 'Leno > Baleno.
Old 4th September 2016, 12:14   #253

Re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Hi guys, Can anyone point me to MGP or after market wiper blades in Mumbai, for the Baleno Vxi? I've been looking for a set and am not able to source the same. I could also look at seconds if anybody is interested in removing them..
Old 4th September 2016, 20:16   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utppal View Post
Hi guys, Can anyone point me to MGP or after market wiper blades in Mumbai, for the Baleno Vxi? I've been looking for a set and am not able to source the same. I could also look at seconds if anybody is interested in removing them..
Are you referring to the blades or complete arm? Replacement blades are easy to source, I got mine replaced from Bosch a month back.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:28   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Are you referring to the blades or complete arm? Replacement blades are easy to source, I got mine replaced from Bosch a month back.
My bad! I meant the wiper arms..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks