Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 22:21   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomus123 View Post
Thanks for the info. I am also living with a bit of thud on bad roads, thought it will be hard to procure. Shall do as per your comment
But check with a mechanic and confirm the issue is with the lower arm for your car. The thud can be also due to weak shocks/struts, loose tier rods ends, or something else, but most likely lower arms. Confirm if you would like to, or just go ahead and replace, should be worth it. I feel I should have done it earlier and enjoyed the drive for the years past, but anyways the part has become cheaper now.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 18:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

I am on the verge of procuring a 2004 Baleno Lxi with genuine 49k kms on the odo. The car belongs to a friend and he is the first owner. I know the car has been maintained well since I have been accompanying him to all the workshop visits till 2 years back when he moved to Delhi. 3 year old tyres but driven less than 5k, new battery and no work needed. It is a KA registered car with VIP (single digit) number so me being in Bangalore do not need to do any interstate transfer. The car is lying unused in Guwahati for the last 2 years and taken out occasionally. He is willing to ship the car at his cost.
How much should I pay for this car ? My Ritz is on the way out, so needed a car for daily office use and some boy racer mods. The City will be reserved for highway runs.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 16th April 2018 at 18:19.
Old 16th April 2018, 18:39   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am on the verge of procuring a 2004 Baleno Lxi with genuine 49k kms on the odo. The car belongs to a friend and he is the first owner. I know the car has been maintained well since I have been accompanying him to all the workshop visits till 2 years back when he moved to Delhi. 3 year old tyres but driven less than 5k, new battery and no work needed. It is a KA registered car with VIP (single digit) number so me being in Bangalore do not need to do any interstate transfer. The car is lying unused in Guwahati for the last 2 years and taken out occasionally. He is willing to ship the car at his cost.
How much should I pay for this car ? My Ritz is on the way out, so needed a car for daily office use and some boy racer mods. The City will be reserved for highway runs.
The actual market prices of Baleno sedan is anywhere between 70-80k in Guwahati at present day.
Moreover, you can use this online tool to evaluate the price of any used car at your ease.

Now since you are willing to buy the Baleno as a daily driver, I strongly suggest you to take a look at the availability of spares at the place where you are based presently since Baleno is a lesser known car in terms of spares availability

Cheers.
Tanveer02 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
The actual market prices of Baleno sedan is anywhere between 70-80k in Guwahati at present day.
Moreover, you can use this online tool to evaluate the price of any used car at your ease.

Now since you are willing to buy the Baleno as a daily driver, I strongly suggest you to take a look at the availability of spares at the place where you are based presently since Baleno is a lesser known car in terms of spares availability

Cheers.
Thanks Tanveer. I am based in Bangalore and it is also a KA registered car (though it is currently lying in Guwahati). I believe Bangalore is a good place to get most of the spare parts.
Old 16th April 2018, 22:40   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tanveer. I am based in Bangalore and it is also a KA registered car (though it is currently lying in Guwahati). I believe Bangalore is a good place to get most of the spare parts.
Yes Bangalore is a great place for aftermarket and genuine spares. And JFYI, as most of the spares of the Baleno were SGP, they are still orderable from Maruti, albeit expensive.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 00:13   #351
BHPian

Quote:
How much should one pay when buying a car from a relative or a friend is a difficult question. Your case is also a bit more complicated as the car is in a different place (Guwahati), there is a vast difference in price a Baleno would fetch in Guwahati as compared to what it would fetch in Bangalore. Since, the car is KA registered & you too are going to drive it in Bangalore, I guess you would be better in quoting a Bangalore kinda price (which is higher than what it would fetch in Guwahati).

I believe you can pay around 100k (give or take a few) for this 04 Baleno LXi. Since you are based in Bangalore, I believe availability of parts won't be a problem. Also if you run into some problem with MGP/SGP, Leoshashi is always there to help you out.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 17th April 2018 at 00:18.
chiranjitp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:46   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am on the verge of procuring a 2004 Baleno Lxi with genuine 49k kms on the odo.
Although I am great fan of this car, I would not advice you to buy a 2004 model car and especially for a daily use, better do not go with it. There are several reasons, but in a nut shell I would you say look for another car and you can find them plenty.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:16   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Although I am great fan of this car, I would not advice you to buy a 2004 model car and especially for a daily use, better do not go with it. There are several reasons, but in a nut shell I would you say look for another car and you can find them plenty.
Unfortunately it didn't work out either. The owner was trying to sell the car behind his wife so ultimately it was vetoed my the home ministry.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 22:21   #354
Senior - BHPian

Awaiting some gear box parts for my Baleno. (Synchroniser, Bearings etc)

Wasn't a major issue, but sometimes faced the gears (mainly 2nd) does not engage smoothly. I could have lived with it, but thought let me get the gear box rebuilt. Have tried all other basic checks like, clutch, clutch cable, transmission oil etc before deciding to open up the gear box as per mechanic suggestion.

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-img_20180628_184152734-1.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 10:15   #355
BHPian

On a different note, sorry for hi-jacking this thread. But hope it makes sense since we have all core Baleno fans here and knows in an out of the legend !!

Need your inputs :

Have come across a 2005 Baleno Lxi with less than 30k km on the odo. It is originally KA registration and not been used much as owner was abroad.

Have had access only to the pics till now. Car seems to be in stock as per the pics. Will be meeting the seller to have a physical inspection of the car soon.

I have gone through some threads in the same about what all need to be checked, if over and above anything else please do mention.

Part 2 : What would be the right price ( I know right price will be on higher side for seller and lowest from buyer perspective) - I mean a fair price considering I spent 5-10k to maintain the upkeep as mentioned like suspension, lower arms etc..It can be more, god save me pls.

Manu automobiles also we can source the parts - I did earlier for my type 2 city it went well as I could got hold of Koyo wheel bearings and NTN wheel hubs.

Please suggest.

Regards
Prsn
Old 29th June 2018, 10:30   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Thanks for the tip.

Picked up the rear wheel Hub from JK in Bangalore at 3100/- each. Made by NTN , and even the old one removed out of the car also is of the same make.

There was also another one available which was of NMK make which was about 1600/- each.

Attachment 1701642

So, is it exactly the same part when sold as SGP part becomes pretty expensive?
Yeah, see the company benefits more from parts and maintenance than sale of a vehicle. A general concept. And once car model is stopped the parts combined together become more expensive than actual value of car.

You can get the wheel hub from Manu automobiles also - JC road bangalore. The type 2 rear wheel hub cost me about 3200-/

I hope You meant the front wheel bearings - they are about 1k change. I got earlier last year for 1250 and again this year it bumped to 1650.
Old 29th June 2018, 14:51   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

Need your inputs :

Have come across a 2005 Baleno Lxi with less than 30k km on the odo. It is originally KA registration and not been used much as owner was abroad.

Have had access only to the pics till now. Car seems to be in stock as per the pics. Will be meeting the seller to have a physical inspection of the car soon.

I have gone through some threads in the same about what all need to be checked, if over and above anything else please do mention.

Part 2 : What would be the right price ( I know right price will be on higher side for seller and lowest from buyer perspective) - I mean a fair price considering I spent 5-10k to maintain the upkeep as mentioned like suspension, lower arms etc..It can be more, god save me pls.
Your are not hijacking, this is the only thread existing which is active for this car. So, no worries.

ODO reading is quite low, but that must not make it any expensive deal. The car is extremely outdated - For 2005, LXI - I don't see a value beyond Rs. 1- 1.5L range.

If it has not run enough, then you may not have to replace the suspensions, lower arms or any of those sort of things. Those all are good till atleast 1 lakh Kms.

For now, parts are still easily available and may continue to be like that until at least 2-3 years. So need not worry on that much. Since it is only 30K on ODO, I believe no major wear and tear would have happened. If the car is in good condition physically, not a bad deal buying it for some driving pleasure.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th June 2018 at 14:55.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 16:33   #358
Senior - BHPian

The front passenger door handle (to open door from inside) was broken and as per the suggestion early on in this thread, I got it replaced with the one from WagonR - was a direct & correct fit. Thanks, guys.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 11:19   #359
BHPian

I drive a 2001 model Baleno. I noticed recently that the coolant is leaking. When looked closely, I could find a small crack on the radiator. The mechanic gave me a quote of 4K for the replacement. Need your assistance and guidance if I should replace the radiator.
Old 26th July 2018, 15:59   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I drive a 2001 model Baleno. I noticed recently that the coolant is leaking. When looked closely, I could find a small crack on the radiator. The mechanic gave me a quote of 4K for the replacement. Need your assistance and guidance if I should replace the radiator.
Is the leak happening from that crack ? How bad is the leak ? Dripping always or an odd drop or few ? Do post a snap of the crack if possible.

And if the radiator needs to be replaced, you can get the part number & price on another thread about Maruti spares.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks