Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 20:30   #211
BHPian

re: Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
Not sure about refreshing the looks but the headlight brightness can definitely be improved by plonking in a Hella wiring set with relays and a pair of 130/100W bulbs. I have personally done this and the brightness is phenomenal.
thanks mate ..but the lights on my new 2005 baleno show a yellow haze when I turn on the lights also I can see a lot of spots on the inner surface , as if somebody has done sand blasting..

also I urgently need Engine mounting bushing as he front one has cracked ..any cheaper alternatives, MGP/SGP is 4.9K for one!!

Last edited by shivshanker : 8th September 2014 at 20:32.
Old 8th September 2014, 21:28   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
thanks mate ..but the lights on my new 2005 baleno show a yellow haze when I turn on the lights also I can see a lot of spots on the inner surface , as if somebody has done sand blasting..

also I urgently need Engine mounting bushing as he front one has cracked ..any cheaper alternatives, MGP/SGP is 4.9K for one!!
you can get it checked for a repair/PU filling. Else buy genuine mounts only. the Indian makes won't be lasting long anyway.
Old 8th September 2014, 22:08   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
I got it done from Tune Up Plus in Pune. I'm totally satisfied with the work done at 1/10th the SGP OEM cost.
Great to know that. Good for you. I didn't notice that your profile said Pune. I'm looking for someone who can do similar repair work in B'lore for Baleno power windows. The alternatives seem to be to go for the very expensive SGP power-window motor, convert to manual just for that door, or just leave the faulty window jammed shut :-(
Old 8th September 2014, 22:19   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post

Indian make is available for about 450 Rs. There are two mountings and the price is almost the same for both. I got them changed last month.
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 22:26   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Indian make is available for about 450 Rs. There are two mountings and the price is almost the same for both. I got them changed last month.
thanks you .. does it have any local manufacturer name.?
Old 10th September 2014, 22:21   #216
Senior - BHPian

The rear wheel bearings seem to be at the end of their life. There's roaring sound from 20-30kmph onwards.

Gathered that MGP bearings are 9k apiece !

Getting local ones (possibly NGK) for Rs. 1350 each. Scheduled to get and fit them tomorrow at a FNG. Lets see how it goes.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 23:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The rear wheel bearings seem to be at the end of their life. There's roaring sound from 20-30kmph onwards.

Gathered that MGP bearings are 9k apiece !

Getting local ones (possibly NGK) for Rs. 1350 each. Scheduled to get and fit them tomorrow at a FNG. Lets see how it goes.
SGP would be 9K. I also changed the front bearings for 500 each while sgp were 3750 each. Mine were NMK make. I'll try out and see if the make of the mountings can be read.
Old 8th October 2014, 11:50   #218
BHPian

is there a less expensive MGP alternate for front and rear struts?
Old 14th October 2014, 23:02   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
is there a less expensive MGP alternate for front and rear struts?
trw are easily available and will cost you around 15k for set of four.
procircuit_234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 09:27   #220
BHPian

My car was being worked on at a FNG and they pushed my AC hose into a Pulley next to it resulting in a ruptured hose.
Attached is a pic of the hose- specifically looking for part labelled "VAP186".
Maruti wants 9.6k for that single hose. Ive been calling people to ask for availability of a aftermarket part but in vain. :(
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-hose.jpg

Any leads, anyone?

Last edited by james : 15th October 2014 at 09:31.
Old 15th October 2014, 10:40   #221
Senior - BHPian

If you don't mind experimenting, I successfully replaced a similar hose on my Armada Grand Jeep with a Hydraulic Hose from a hardware store (look for JCB and Hydraulics spare shop),get the same inner dia hose for the required length - outer dia doesn't matter - go to a lathe crimping shop (that's where the strength is) - and get a proper new crimp job on your existing aluminium pipes.

I did this job around 2 years ago (sold off the jeep early 14) it still works fine. Whole job costed 700Rs back then.

PS - The OE Rubber hose on my jeep said Bridgestone and was a real good quality slender looking hose, got cut after rubbing against the fender!!
svsantosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:11   #222
BHPian

Some great info in this thread! Any idea on radiator fan for Baleno? Is it a shared part with other Maruti models? How much should it cost? I am getting widely varying quotes here in Chennai.
Old 8th November 2014, 13:41   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Since i don't live in blore, I called up JK Auto and spoke to Mr. Srinivas. He texted me his bank a/c details following which i wired him the money! Parts were sent across the same day and i received them safe and sound on the next! All within a short span of 24hrs!

He Charged me 4k for a pair of lower arms and 400 bucks for a set of belts.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I just fixed the arms and new belts today. Ive never known my car to be so silent. LOL
I have Koni's so i hope i wont have to change shocks in the near future.
I had to change the rear brake shoes as one liner had broken. Luckily found a set for 780 bucks. It was in Bosch packing but i doubt they are genuine. I had to use them as the SGP ones weren't available- Ive placed an order for the same!

Cheers!
An update for you guys- DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT buy aftermarket Lower arms for the baleno. Stick to SGP. Although expensive, they may save both you and the car some day!!.

This happened to my car. I hit a not-so-deep pothole at 80kph and the arm just snapped. No damage to the mag or tyre. While discussing this with many individuals, i was informed that this isnt the first case of these lower arms just breaking like this. Its just that we seldon get to hear about it!

Just thanking my stars i didnt hit anything or anyone. This could have ended much worse for me!
Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-arms-1.jpg

Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan-arms.jpg
james is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 00:28   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Some great info in this thread! Any idea on radiator fan for Baleno? Is it a shared part with other Maruti models? How much should it cost? I am getting widely varying quotes here in Chennai.
my mechanic did a nice graft job for the radiator fan - original was being quoted at 8500 - so he picked up a WagonR / Esteem radiator fan assembly - and swapped only the motor into the existing baleno assembly, retained the original connectors by cutting and reconnecting the wires, original fan blades and mounting assembly. - total cost - 1200 incl. labour.
Old 29th November 2014, 10:55   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya08 View Post
my mechanic did a nice graft job for the radiator fan - original was being quoted at 8500 - so he picked up a WagonR / Esteem radiator fan assembly - and swapped only the motor into the existing baleno assembly, retained the original connectors by cutting and reconnecting the wires, original fan blades and mounting assembly. - total cost - 1200 incl. labour.
Thanks, Satya. Shall try this route!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks