Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 19:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Vivek, thanks for sharing the experience.
Old 28th October 2008, 19:38   #62
BANNED

Vivekji! Thanks for sharing the experience with us. As usual with your writing, there's that thrill in this one too. Keep it up!

Don't worry about the technical questions being asked here. It's normal for any car enthusiast to be curious when they hear about a car with such an exclusive mod job. You can inform Peter about the questions here and he may choose to answer it.
Rest, there'll be many who are just jealous that you got to ride this machine. Just ignore those and enjoy!
Old 28th October 2008, 20:27   #63
BHPian

like to see some dyno graphs on this claim..wonder how fwd copes with all that power
Old 28th October 2008, 20:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

I am loving this !!!!!! So much about a car that claims to be 500 BHP but the credentials are yet to be presented, WHY do we need credentials ?? If I run my Audi at 300 BHP - no song & dance about it.

You believe it or you do not - SIMPLE !! Does not take away my sleep & Vivekji05 it should not take your sleep away either !!!!! A number is a number is a number - CHILL !!!!!!

Just put some concrete numbers to cut out the speculation (If at all YOU want to)

Happy Diwali

Cheers
Old 28th October 2008, 21:21   #65
BHPian

Vivek, Thanks for sharing such a well-written TD report with us. This, alongwith your other recent threads, is a pleasure to read.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:53   #66
BHPian

My personal opinion is that there has been a little over reaction to this post. Yeah we have been hearing a lot of tall claims and this is a pretty tall one. But you dont have to tear the guy apart. He just posted what was claimed and gave us a driving experience and some pictures.

This is definitely a first for the Octavia. When you have mone beyond a point you care its just about how crazy you can go. This is one crazy build I must say. I doubt the owner cares a hoot for dyno charts, or puttin all that power down to the road. He has (or he believes) the most powerful Octy in the country. I dont think he cares a damn about putting it all down. If he already has a GTR this is probably one of things he finds as an amusing project, just something to discuss with the Octy owners at the club on a saturday night.

Anywayz all said and done, pretty amazing project. Whatever it actually puts down it will be more than what most cars do. There is almost only one thing that matters in the build and thats the customers satisfaction. If he is happy congrats to him and Petes.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:57   #67
BHPian

Nice Car.Nice Thread.

A very well written TD report , but in a forum packed with enthusiasts, figures not backed by proof will be questioned. All this hungama would have been avoided if you had mentioned a single word in brackets after the 500 Bhp figure (rumoured).

But I am sure the car will be a scorcher and all the above comments should not take anything away from your writing skills which is excellent.

Last edited by artofzen : 28th October 2008 at 21:58.
Old 28th October 2008, 22:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt the owner cares a hoot for dyno charts, or puttin all that power down to the road.
But how do they even know if its anywhere close to 500bhp, if its never been dyno'd? What if its actually a 200-250bhp engine?

Frankly, this thread would have been much calmer had the bhp fig not been mentioned at all. Just say its a quick car and that figs will be updated after dyno tests.

When you dont care about the power of your car, why even make claims. And im sure vivek didn't just come up with the 500bhp fig, he would have definately heard it from the tuner/owner.

Poor guy got targeted for no fault of his.

Shan2nu
Old 28th October 2008, 22:13   #69
BHPian

damn this means that i can make a supercar out of my car which is parkerd peacefully right now in my garage and that too only for as much as it costs!!

heck i love my car but i would rather save, wait and invest in audi 4 3.2 FSI instead of pushing octy to its extreme

but great job anyways..
Old 28th October 2008, 22:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Anyway. lets cool down a bit and enjoy this vid of a 500bhp Skoda. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 28th October 2008, 22:24   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys lets give vivek a break. The car may have 500 or 300 bhp and agree that these figures are useless unless proven on a dyno. He may have arrived at the 500 figure based on the list of modifications done on the car. Dyno-ing the car to prove his claims would not be his responsibility since it his not his car. And why would he pay from his pockets to dyno a customers car (unless the owner has asked and paid for it).

One thing maybe for sure that with this car, the owner would definitely be participating in the Speedrun or Torquenite. That'll show us what the car is really capable of. Maybe someone should get a dyno at the Speedrun / any race events so that tuners / owners can really show off their true powers.
Old 28th October 2008, 23:31   #72
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Vivek,

Like your new city thread, this also is a very good one. Do ignore the skeptics shooting off of their mouth. Pointless as you might have realised by now. I don't see why they're out to challenge you. The owner doesn't care about the timings or the hp claims. His money, his way of spending it. I don't see what gives the fellow members on the forum the authority to judge whether it was the right way to spend HIS money. And as for the person judging your writing skills, it clearly shows his level of maturity and understanding.

Peace.
Old 29th October 2008, 00:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
This thread is rather unfortunate. I mean, build a "500bhp" RS, and every other post is questioning the claims?
I agree. I think we need to bear in mind the fact that Vivek (who is a freelance journo with a fairly extensive list of tests published) had about half a day with the car before it was shipped out - asking him for dyno sheets and stuff is kind of splitting hairs. That said, perhaps Vivek should have contained his enthusiasm a bit on the title and the writeup.

However, which one of us wouldnt be thrilled to bits if we were presented with what is argueably (until stats prove otherwise, not until proven) the fastest RS in the country today? I know I would be gushing, and I know a lot of people that have gone about gushing on about far lesser cars. I for one was quite taken up by Psycho's Turbo Esteem - not because it is a supercar or because it was a giant killer, but because of what had been extracted from an everyday runabout. I wrote up about it here despite having a 360 bhp car as a daily drive abroad at that time. I'm now driving a 430++ bhp vehicle, and I would still gush about this Octavia if I had a chance to drive it.

The guy has driven a car that many here would die to drive, and he has posted his opinion on it. I would thank him for sharing his experience, not start splitting hairs on whether it is indeed 500 bhp or otherwise - it would be one hell of a car to drive even with a 20% margin of error. Vivek gave us a very thorough report on the new City even before anyone saw it here - I didnt hear anyone asking for Dyno sheets to prove that the car was indeed putting out whatever BHP Honda claimed.

EDIT: I forget my manners! Thank you Vivek for the write-up - you seem to have gotten perfect weather for a photo-shoot, too. Silver vehicles look great in overcast conditions! And Peter - nice understated yet classy work on the exterior (if that was also done by you), I loved it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th October 2008 at 00:20.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:22   #74
BHPian

the reason i ask for a dyno sheet is i would like to see how the power is delivered the torque etc. not to quetion the cars capability....it deefinately looks like an awesome build but 500hp from front wheels is an unheard of figure for a road car so if it has been done then hands down to the tuner. i agree this car is awsome whatever the actual horsepower but just real curios on the details eg. internals ,,,boost pressure and torque figures
Old 29th October 2008, 01:25   #75
BHPian

Ok, somehow this thread has turned into a huge back and forth...

Here's the deal. Vivek, the report is great, you have well honed writing skills, and it's always a pleasure to read a well scripted report.

I doubt any of us raising their brows at this car are disputing the owner's right to do what he likes with his money. We're also not questioning the fact that this must be a fast car, well a very fast car!

The problem that us brow raisers have is with the claim. Vivek, dude understand that if you had never mentioned a figure, or simply said guestimated etc, we'd just have waited around for a dyno chart or some real world tests etc...
However it's the fact that you insisted with conviction that this is a 500bhp Octavia that has us rattled...

Please do understand that viewpoint. If the car should be dynoed or not, is the owner's perogative. It just sounds like that thread, I just bolted on 25hp, well in this case 350!

Get it? I'd like to apologise for giving you a hard time, however please take a moment out to sample another POV

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks