Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2018, 23:17   #241
BHPian

Re: Auxiliary Lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Not sure what exactly I need to buy so here's my query, I hope experts can help me decide what I ought to buy.

I have been restoring a Subaru Forester to be my daily driver. Car is nearly completed. But I find the lights to be inadequate. My friend is telling me to go in for a roof mounted LED bar. Any recommendations on what one to buy? I admit, I am a noob when it comes to all of this so excuse me if all my requirements cannot be met together but here they are:
Good throw and spread obviously
Durability an ip rating might help put things in perspective
Value For Money
Have you thought of importing a pair of HID retro fits? I have not looked, but you should have some available for a Forester.
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 23:30   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Have you thought of importing a pair of HID retro fits? I have not looked, but you should have some available for a Forester.
In the process of restoring the car I have ended up having to import a LOT of stuff so it would be possible for me to do that but I don't want to do an HID retrofit for a few reasons:
1. I find the stock headlights to be adequate I only want to upgrade the lighting to piss off uncouth high-beam users for which the stock headlights are not enough.
2. Upgrading the bulbs in the headlights will end up causing the headlamps to fade out and if you knew how difficult it was to have them imported, you'd understand that I don't want that to happen
3. If I don't want the headlamps to fade then I will have to go for projector lenses and while they are the most sensible option, I agree, I simply don't like the look of projector lenses in the old Forester's headlights. They look good in a lot of cars but the SG5 foresters weren't designed for them and its quite clear. Simply google and image of an sg5 forester with projector lights and one with stock lights and I think you'd also agree that the stock one looks better. It does however look pretty badass with a Lightbar on the roof on my opinion.

Hence, if anybody has inputs on durable powerful Lightbar, that would be much appreciated.
Old 19th October 2018, 04:10   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
If you are after Spot lighting - then you have to have Aux lamps. The choice of Aux lamps is obviously dictated by your budget. But for a SKODA, a 7 inch light rather than a 5 inch light is probably a right fit in my opinion. Then you have the option of whether to go for 100W halogen or 35W, 55W HID. The HID's are expensive though but gives you the best spot throw. Light Force is the best option, followed by Hella and then by KC Hilites, FLYRYT's etc. Look up whether you have something in Team BHP classifieds - sometimes you may get lucky.
Thank you. I bought two 7 inch LED bars, 72 w each to be mounted on my Swift Dzire with a 12 V 40 Amps relay with fuse. Reading up online told me that I should connect these lights always with a relay and a fuse. Coming to welding clamps, doing the wiring and mounting, is there any shop in Bangalore which does this? I enquired in a couple of shops and they say that you don't need a relay. Please advise.
Old 26th October 2018, 19:44   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The MRP mentioned in the Neolite 1010 box is Rs.500
I had paid Rs 1000 for a pair more than 1.5 years back. These come with Halogen bulbs
Attachment 1567486
Hello, where in Bangalore can I buy them and get them fitted on my swift dzire? Thank you.
Old 26th October 2018, 21:18   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
If your primary purpose is to use them for highway driving, then I would suggest HID Aux Lights as opposed to Halogen.

Raikkonen, how much do these cost and are smaller sizes available? I am looking for a set for my Fiesta.
Old 27th October 2018, 03:38   #246
BHPian

8K for a pair ot 35W HID in 5 inch and 8.5K for a pair of 55W HID in 5 inch. A tad bigget 7 inch would be 9K (3W) and 10K (55W) respectively. I have to find out whether I have the number for the guy who sold these HId's
Raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 22:32   #247
BHPian

Just upgraded to these HIDs. I bought it from JC road and got it fixed by a car accessories guy near my house. The process of fixing up the brackets/ clamps were too complicated and required cutting of foam behind the bumper. In the process of removing the bumper the guy broke the lower fiber part. But after hrs of work, finally installed it. Throw of the light is long and more like of spot lights.
Posting some pics suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Auxiliary Lamps-20191225_160753.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-20191225_151404.jpg  

sam_machine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 00:11   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Just upgraded to these HIDs. I bought it from JC road and got it fixed by a car accessories guy near my house. The process of fixing up the brackets/ clamps were too complicated and required cutting of foam behind the bumper. In the process of removing the bumper the guy broke the lower fiber part. But after hrs of work, finally installed it. Throw of the light is long and more like of spot lights.
Sorry for sounding cheeky, but couldn’t you’ve simply upgraded the headlights? Maybe with a nice pair of OEM projectors? Would’ve saved the bumper that way. These seem slightly overkill imo! Suitable for jeeps and SUVs maybe!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 01:30   #249
BHPian

Yes my head lights are already upgraded with 100/90 Philips superwhite. These are adequate for daily driving but wanted some thing extra and cheeky My wife straight away rejected it but for the time being going to use it for night driving.
Also finalizing on a gypsy king so may switch over the lights in the future.

Last edited by sam_machine : 26th December 2019 at 01:44.
Old 27th December 2019, 20:18   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Yes my head lights are already upgraded with 100/90 Philips superwhite. These are adequate for daily driving but wanted some thing extra and cheeky My wife straight away rejected it but for the time being going to use it for night driving.
Also finalizing on a gypsy king so may switch over the lights in the future.
Quick question (or two)-

~How effective are these lights? I'd be grateful if you could take a snap. Especially with the low beam and fog lamps combined.

~Where did the accessories' shop guy put the switch? A pic of that too would be useful.

~Are these actual HID's? As in Xenon HID's or just plain old halogens?

~Cost of the product, if you don't mind?

Lol, that makes it 4 questions!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 03:09   #251
Senior - BHPian

Imported a 14 inch LED bar from STEDI Australia for the Duster. 4 Flood + 16 Spot + 4 Flood reflector distribution pushes the wide beam out at 50° and spot beam at 5.8° all the way to staggering 1 lux @ 514m as claimed by them. Has the option to be taken off when not in use with the help of 2 anti theft nuts. Till now have just setup the mount after a lot of R&D without making any holes/touching the crossmember. The wiring and final setup will be done this week.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 23:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Just upgraded to these HIDs....... Throw of the light is long and more like of spot lights.
How long are the lights protruding from the car body? Can you please post a photo from the side of the car? Also are they 6 inch or 4 inch?
indrasis_gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 17:56   #253
BHPian

So, after a self assessment on odd looking positioning the fog lamps. I visited SK carzone, met the owner Mr. Apachu ( thorough gentleman). Took appointment from him since the worker who does all these modifications was supposed to come after 7pm. The worker took more than 3 hours to fix the fog lamps. This time they did a hole and screwed the clamps on to my chassis the whole time Mr. Apachu supervised the procedure and we had lengthy talks about cars , garage business etc. By the time work got finished it was 10 pm. They did an immaculate work fixing the fog lamps to the position I wanted.
Overall I am really happy with their service and workmanship by the worker. I highly recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails
Auxiliary Lamps-20200114_221845.jpg  

Auxiliary Lamps-20200114_221825.jpg  

sam_machine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 19:19   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, after a self assessment on odd looking positioning the fog lamps. I visited SK carzone, met the owner Mr. Apachu ( thorough gentleman). Took appointment from him since the worker who does all these modifications was supposed to come after 7pm. The worker took more than 3 hours to fix the fog lamps.
It looks nice from the pictures , the HID AUX lights usually have a long enclosure, protrudes a bit from the body work when mounted ahead of the bumper.

My friend had this in his Optra , it was bright but took a while to warm up to full brightness so wasn't of much use apart from looks as we couldn't wire it up to the high beam.
Old 28th July 2020, 00:00   #255
BHPian

Folks looking to get a Rigid Industries light can look at this D series XL PRO Spot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076J...b_b_asin_image

These usually retail for about $200+ a piece but currently available at a bargain for $64.

I have been following the price trends of these for quite some time and this seems like too lucrative an offer to not share here.

Last edited by anantpoddar : 28th July 2020 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks