Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 08:28   #196
BHPian

Re: Auxiliary Lamps

Please can someone let me know where I can buy Neolite 1010 in Bangalore. I tried 5-6 known shops on JC Road over phone and none of them have any neolite.

I am planning to install it on my Fiat Palio for highway driving as the headlights are pathetic when facing the oncoming traffic.

Regards
Old 18th October 2016, 09:22   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Please can someone let me know where I can buy Neolite 1010 in Bangalore. I tried 5-6 known shops on JC Road over phone and none of them have any neolite.

I am planning to install it on my Fiat Palio for highway driving as the headlights are pathetic when facing the oncoming traffic.

Regards
Surprising !! You should be able to find it in JC road. Suggest you go there any ask around.

I bought one pair from JC road itself an year back. Dont remember the shop name, but the approximate coordinates of the shops are 12.957262, 77.580471

Also you can contact the neolite sales team through their website and ask for dealer information.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 09:52   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I bought one pair from JC road itself an year back. Dont remember the shop name, but the approximate coordinates of the shops are 12.957262, 77.580471
Thanks,

OK, will go there this weekend and check. Do you remember how much you paid for a pair of Neolite 1010 without Bulbs?

Regards
Old 18th October 2016, 10:29   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,

OK, will go there this weekend and check. Do you remember how much you paid for a pair of Neolite 1010 without Bulbs?

Regards
FYI - Most of the shops are closed on Sunday.
1010 comes with bulbs. If I remember correctly I paid Rs 300- 350 for a single light.
I also bought premium Philips original H7 bulbs (white vision) from AK traders in the same lane (3rd cross) to use in the new light. They make a big difference. I think AK traders also stock Neolite, so start your search from there.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 11:19   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,

Regards
The MRP mentioned in the Neolite 1010 box is Rs.500
I had paid Rs 1000 for a pair more than 1.5 years back. These come with Halogen bulbs
Auxiliary Lamps-dsc_0955.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 12:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
FYI - Most of the shops are closed on Sunday.
1010 comes with bulbs. If I remember correctly I paid Rs 300- 350 for a single light.
I also bought premium Philips original H7 bulbs (white vision) from AK traders in the same lane (3rd cross) to use in the new light. They make a big difference. I think AK traders also stock Neolite, so start your search from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The MRP mentioned in the Neolite 1010 box is Rs.500
I had paid Rs 1000 for a pair more than 1.5 years back. These come with Halogen bulbs
Thanks Again

Just checked with AK Traders on JC Road, they have in stock and costs 535 per piece. I am going to pick it up tomorrow evening.

Will also buy Philips H7 bulbs and try.

How is the light throw for long drive? I will mainly use this as high beam on highway driving, will this light be suitable for long drives?

Asking these questions, since I am trying it out only based on feedback in this thread. I have never tried any Aux Lights and this will be my first. Hence starting with the Cheapest.

Regards
Old 18th October 2016, 12:25   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is the light throw for long drive? I will mainly use this as high beam on highway driving, will this light be suitable for long drives?
They just fare Average in terms of light output.
They don't have too much range for the light throw, but decent.
Old 18th October 2016, 14:52   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
These are one of the most widely available aux lights - I know because I am on the 4th pair of them already

You can get it from almost all automobile spare parts shops which deals with horns and lights and usually they are sold at MRP or 50 rs below MRP.

One good thing with them is that, they are inexpensive and don't pinch your pocket if and when you have to replace them.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 15:37   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been unsuccessful in finding the Neolites in Delhi.
If someone here can tell me where exactly I can get them, or maybe someone in Bangalore can buy and ship them, all expenses pre-paid?
Old 19th October 2016, 10:17   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Again

Just checked with AK Traders on JC Road, they have in stock and costs 535 per piece. I am going to pick it up tomorrow evening.

Will also buy Philips H7 bulbs and try.
Shop around and you will get a better deal. When I purchased MRP was Rs 450 and I was able to get Rs 100 off on that. (Some may try to fool you saying a pair is Rs 2000 as well)

Quote:

Asking these questions, since I am trying it out only based on feedback in this thread. I have never tried any Aux Lights and this will be my first. Hence starting with the Cheapest.
Regards
I was exactly in the same situation last year. Started with Neolite on an experimental basis and later upgraded better bulbs and finally to Hella.

Neolite 1010 is not very well focused IMHO. The light disperses a lot and oncoming traffic suffers . So it may not be a good idea for high beam. If you want to use it for an alternative for low beam or a spot beam focused close to your car, this does the job very well. For high beam, invest on a better brand or projector set up directly (based on my experience)

You can refer the posts http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3881492, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3952192 and post 171 in this thread for some more info.

Note: Do not upgrade to 100W H7 bulbs in Neolite, there are reports of the light damage due to excessive heat.
Old 19th October 2016, 11:07   #206
BHPian

This is how mine looks now, the headlamps has 100/90 Phillips but the throw has reduced drastically recent times due to faded glasses. I did try to restore them using Formula 1 Headlight restorer but still not improved much. Opted for 22" 5D LED bar (200W) from aliexpress, costed me 6000/- including duty. The night driving is much more comfortable now, set it up in a way that for high visibility upto 200m and does not point to the oncoming traffic. You can adjust the throw upto 500m but I didnt feel the need for it though.

Auxiliary Lamps-img_20161018_161956.jpg
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 18:42   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
This is how mine looks now, the headlamps has 100/90 Phillips but the throw has reduced drastically recent times due to faded glasses. I did try to restore them using Formula 1 Headlight restorer but still not improved much. Opted for 22" 5D LED bar (200W) from aliexpress, costed me 6000/- including duty. The night driving is much more comfortable now, set it up in a way that for high visibility upto 200m and does not point to the oncoming traffic. You can adjust the throw upto 500m but I didnt feel the need for it though.

Attachment 1567861
Could you post some photos of the light throw of the led bar.
Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 22:26   #208
Senior - BHPian

Are these Combination LED light bars available in 3000k for the spread beam and 4200k for the spot beam ?
Old 20th October 2016, 21:21   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Could you post some photos of the light throw of the led bar.
Thanks
Give me some days, will do it while taking her out at night. The car being taken only for long drives these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Are these Combination LED light bars available in 3000k for the spread beam and 4200k for the spot beam ?
I havn't seen such combinations in LED bars. Mine has flood, spot and spread combinations in single color and all these combinations works together, there is no way to choose the mode.
Old 20th October 2016, 22:37   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Not likely. That is HID / Halogen territory. LED's would mostly be at 6000k & above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks