Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 01:29   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Hi Akshay,

I remember you suggested me to get my sun film done outside for my White Chevy Cruze. The GM dealer is quoting around 2K for some Sunshield Brand of Sun film.He is providing 3 years warranty also for the same. Please advise on this, as well as can you please advise any other good brands in the 2 to 3K bracket?
In 2-3k bracket, you can go for Garware Classic or Garware NF, both have good heat rejection properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
My question too ! Are there different types within the RE series itself? That would be really useful. Or do i need to find options in the lower CS series. They seem to be less on heat insulation as per the 3m website, and the CR series is too heavy on the pocket.
I'm aware of 3 shades in RE series:
RE35 - 35% VLT (Visible Light Transmission)
RE50 - 50% VLT
RE70 - 70% VLT

RE50 has about 43% Heat Rejection, which is a good figure considering the cost. Don't spend on CS Series, it's too low.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:07   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

I'm aware of 3 shades in RE series:
RE35 - 35% VLT (Visible Light Transmission)
RE50 - 50% VLT
RE70 - 70% VLT

RE50 has about 43% Heat Rejection, which is a good figure considering the cost. Don't spend on CS Series, it's too low.
Thanks tsk13 ! actually i am sorry, i could not get the question through properly.

I am aware of the 35, 50 and 70 in the RE series, but the question is, say considering RE35, do I have the only option of the reflective (silver) mirror type shades or are there options normal black (opaque) type of shades, as well?
Old 1st September 2010, 13:12   #648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks tsk13 ! actually i am sorry, i could not get the question through properly.

I am aware of the 35, 50 and 70 in the RE series, but the question is, say considering RE35, do I have the only option of the reflective (silver) mirror type shades or are there options normal black (opaque) type of shades, as well?
Hey all the RE films are reflective due to them being metallized, which is why their heat rejection is so good. Also the film is NOT silver, it has a slightly greenish tint, which IMO looks quite good. You are probably imagining those cars which have full mirror tints where you cant see inside at all. Those tints dont look good. RE series are also opaque.

See my garage to see what RE35 looks like.

The SP series are black.
Old 1st September 2010, 13:30   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You are probably imagining those cars which have full mirror tints where you cant see inside at all. Those tints dont look good. RE series are also opaque.
I was imagining exactly that.

I have checked out your gallery earlier too, but could not make out much since the images are shot in areas guarded by buildings and trees. I was not sure about which one is the actual colour and which one is reflection of the surroundings. Well I guess pictures can't do much justice in this requirement, so I ll go check out samples at R.A. in a couple of days.

Thanks !
Old 1st September 2010, 21:02   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The non-reflective won't be a part of RE Series as RE=Reflective, as mentioned by Akshay1234 as well. When you look straight towards the glass in broad daylight, you're not able to see inside clearly whereas if you look from at an angle of about 70-80 degrees, you can see the interiors.

Regarding the tint's shade, I find it to be brown-black.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:32   #651
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
I'm planning to get films for my Polo. Don't need very dark ones or reflective.
Shortlisted these two:
1. 3M SP50 -- Rs.2500
2. SunGard GP50 -- Rs.2200

I liked the SunGard very much. Charcoal coloured films with 48% visible light transmission. It has a slight greenish tinge also. It's made in USA and comes in sealed rolls.
Any suggestions?

Also is it worth going for the front sunfilms also? Getting 3M for Rs.2000.

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th September 2010 at 00:34.
Old 14th September 2010, 02:11   #652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

Also is it worth going for the front sunfilms also? Getting 3M for Rs.2000.
Definitely worth it. But the Rs2000 one? Not worth it. Save up and get the 3M CR series. Front windscreen film makes a huge difference, but if the heat rejection is low then it wont seem like any film is there.
Old 19th September 2010, 12:11   #653
BHPian

I need urgent help,
Need to buy sunfilms for sides & rear for My Ritz
My budget is Rs 3500
I need more heat protection than anything else.

suggest a brand and professional installer in Hyderabad
thanx
Old 28th September 2010, 11:23   #654
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I have an Alto, which is more than 6 years old now & apart from a few other upgrades, I have also been contemplating on getting the existing sunfilm replaced. Although V-Kool is an expensive brand as already mentioned by GTO in his first post, I want to get an idea about the approximate cost for an economical range from V-kool for sides & back like maybe the Eco range as stated by somebody here. Can anybody tell me the costs, or just give me an approximate idea? Also assuming that it is slightly costlier, is it worth the extra price over 3M, Llumar or Garware with similar properties?

Drive safe.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:23   #655
Team-BHP Support

How long do you intend on keeping the car? If not for too long then no point in changing the sunfilm.

Well the economy range ok Vkool will cost between 4.5-5k max. It has 60% heat rejection and there are a few shades available. Its a few hundred more than 3M/Llumar.

I suggest you get front windscreen film too. Vkool will be very pricey so check out 3M for that.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:44   #656
BHPian

Hi Akshay, any idea how can one identify if the sunfilm is genuine VKool or not. I got sunfilms on my ANHC installed at dealership and he gave me a letter on VKool's letter head with my car details saying its the certificate. With what has happened with adimicra even i am concerned if i have been cheated by the dealer.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:11   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
How long do you intend on keeping the car? If not for too long then no point in changing the sunfilm.

Well the economy range ok Vkool will cost between 4.5-5k max. It has 60% heat rejection and there are a few shades available. Its a few hundred more than 3M/Llumar.

I suggest you get front windscreen film too. Vkool will be very pricey so check out 3M for that.
Hey akshay,

Well, I intend to keep the car for about another 2 years or above 170000kms, whichever is earlier. I guess, I can get something cheaper right now like maybe any of the non-reflective films & then maybe once I get a new car, I will invest in V-kool. Do tell me what you think about this.

Also, any idea on how Garware windscreen films fare compared to 3M? They are a lot cheaper.

Drive safe.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:21   #658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey akshay,

Well, I intend to keep the car for about another 2 years or above 170000kms, whichever is earlier. I guess, I can get something cheaper right now like maybe any of the non-reflective films & then maybe once I get a new car, I will invest in V-kool. Do tell me what you think about this.

Also, any idea on how Garware windscreen films fare compared to 3M? They are a lot cheaper.

Drive safe.
In that case look at 3M or llumar. Ive heard good things about Garware icecool windscreen film.

This is OT, requesting mods to move these posts to the sunfilm thread.
Old 4th October 2010, 15:41   #659
BHPian

I have a white SX4. I want to install tints on sides and rear. I prefer to go in for darker tints. Can anyone suggest me any particular ones?
My budget is Max 4k.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:03   #660
BHPian

Sun Control Films

Dear Team,

I am looking to get my new i20 good quality and reasonably priced sun control film in the lightest shade possible.

My NHC has the Llumar Magnum series sun control film for 4 windows and rear windscreen. And for front windscreen it is Llumar again. But I don't recollect the series. This cost me a total of 15K (8K for front and 7K for the rest)- which is very expensive according to me.

So, this time around I don't wish to spend more than 6 to 8K for my i20 all included.

Could you please post your suggestions on this.

Regards,
Yashodeep
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks