Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:17   #151
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amey. An amazing engine swap mod on the Lancer. I am glued to it for quite some time :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Sweet, i wish they had a MIVEC head for 4G15 as well.

Pramod
There is a MIVEC head for 4G15 as in Colt Ralliart Turbo, which as DOHC 16v MIVEC with Turbo. I don't know if it is very different from the 4G15 in our old Lancers ...
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:47   #152
BHPian

Nice clean swap! Congrats. I was watching your thread and enjoying the swap progress pics you posted

Do something about that battery case.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:47   #153
BHPian

You getting the complete exhaust done from Tune Up Plus itself ?
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:36   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know its going well with the trial runs Amey

Btw whats wrong with the doors? If its oil & dirt then this is the first car of yours which I have ever seen dirty.
Aho Moderator kaka, Punyat raining chalu aahe, that is all dirt and mud.Lol

Quote:
Nice clean swap! Congrats. I was watching your thread and enjoying the swap progress pics you posted

Do something about that battery case.
Lol yeah, we will be making a new bracket.

Quote:
You getting the complete exhaust done from Tune Up Plus itself ?
Yep
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:34   #155
BHPian

I'm really excited by the work happening here! Congrats Amey! I'm sure it must be deeply satifying to have a one of a kind ride!

This car reminds me of Frankenstien! Best stuff, all coming together to make one heck of a monster!!

I may be able to get my hands on a Cedia engine if things go well. And your post will be a great help!

Thanks!

Tassem.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:49   #156
BHPian

There is a MIVEC head for 4G15 as in Colt Ralliart Turbo, which as DOHC 16v MIVEC with Turbo. I don't know if it is very different from the 4G15 in our old Lancers ...[/quote]

Can any one throw some light on it? is it really there? Spec? availability? if available, will clear the legal issue of changing the engine for having an MIVEC
Old 25th July 2010, 22:02   #157
Senior - BHPian

A 4G92 MIVEC head should bolt up to the 4G94 block. Heads are interchangeable across 4G9x blocks.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:48   #158
BHPian

Finally started building or rather assembling my ECU,months after it arrived.Now that my car is running, I can concentrate on these things.

A few pics that I took in the process,

My makeshift workbench
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3780.jpg

Starting off with soldering all the resistors first
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3781.jpg

Resistors,Diodes,Op-Amps,transistors,capacitors, etc. installed/soldered.
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3785.jpg

The Microsquirt module installed on the mainboard.
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3788.jpg

Almost there!
Engine swap/Performance mods in Lancer-img_3789.jpg

Took me 4 hours to do all this.Next in line is wiring up the Mainboard to the adapter board and then its time to flashing the firmware to bring the ECU to life and then loading a base map.

Thats all for now.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:37   #159
BHPian

this is proving to be one hell of a DIY man!!! This tread is a Bible to lancer mods!! did u get megasquirt also fro Luis?
Old 1st August 2010, 22:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha, your soldering skills are better than mine. Congrats on the finishing most of the work. What about the wiring harness? Are you cutting it up completely or keeping the stock clips intact?
Old 1st August 2010, 22:43   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Hahaha, your soldering skills are better than mine. Congrats on the finishing most of the work. What about the wiring harness? Are you cutting it up completely or keeping the stock clips intact?
The lancer has some weird ports not OBD 1 or 2, is it correct, some one ordered a cable from Brazil i think which BTW never reached here. I guess the harness needs to be spliced

Pramod
Old 1st August 2010, 23:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

No, what I meant was if he was splicing new clips into the existing harness to have a safe way out if there was a problem with the Megasquirt or cutting the clips completely. No aftermarket ECU will connect to the OBD port. You have to remove the clips going to the ECU and either customise them or insert them in the new ECU.
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:59   #163
BHPian

Quote:
this is proving to be one hell of a DIY man!!! This tread is a Bible to lancer mods!! did u get megasquirt also fro Luis?
Lol Bible!
No I did not get this from Luis. I ordered this directly from DIYPNP website in the US.

Quote:

I do not need to do any cutting in the loom, the DIYPNP has the N76 connector used on my car.So basically I just need to pull out my stock ECU and connect this. This is the best part,the ECU plugs in directly in the stock harness.

Quote:
The lancer has some weird ports not OBD 1 or 2, is it correct, some one ordered a cable from Brazil i think which BTW never reached here. I guess the harness needs to be spliced

Pramod
No Pramod, I do not need to do any splicing/cutting.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:46   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
No Pramod, I do not need to do any splicing/cutting.
Hmm, so its kinda plug and play huh? Any ways i am waiting for you to start the works on the breaks, my car has got a free revving engine and can really sprint but whne it comes to breaking i really feel sorry, in the last 3 months i have rear ended twice.

Pramod
Old 10th August 2010, 08:50   #165
BHPian

First run on the E-Way after she hit the road around a week back or so

Not bad considering the ECU is still in Limp mode thanks to non availability of Coolant Temperature sensor

Still on 185/70/R13 Michelin Energy XM1+ tyres so was a bit scared to go higher and sticky roads so backed off at 170 but good fun!

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th August 2010 at 23:59. Reason: top speed pic removed :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks