Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2018, 11:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Thank you Guys,

Visited 3M Golf Course Road, Gurugram today.

Their charges as follows:-

1. Standard PPF: INR 595 / Sq ft
2. Venture shield PPF: INR 800 / Sq ft
3. Pro Shield PPF: INR 1700 / Sq ft (new product)

However, they are also offering discounts on full body PPF, in the range of 15K-20K. Not bad.

Brdgs,
Sail
Hi Sail,
1700 per Sqft !
Do these prices include installation also, Or it that additional to the price per Sq ft mentioned?

Cheers
Old 7th December 2018, 12:10   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hi Sail,
1700 per Sqft !
Do these prices include installation also, Or it that additional to the price per Sq ft mentioned?

Cheers
The prices include installation.

1700 per sq ft is the top of the line with some self-healing properties. A basic ppf should suffice for most requirements.
Old 8th December 2018, 09:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Do these prices include installation also, Or it that additional to the price per Sq ft mentioned? Cheers
Prices include installation as well as all taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The prices include installation.1700 per sq ft is the top of the line with some self-healing properties. A basic ppf should suffice for most requirements.
You are right, basic one is sufficient for the job. But Owner Ankit suggested to put Venture-shield on bonnet, as same is having better shine.
Eventually, anyone of them requires annual maintenance to keep them in shape and avoid dullness.

Brdgs
Sail
Old 8th December 2018, 10:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

My Nexon has 3M PPF protection on all the four sides. Its been over a year and the film is holding up well. No maintenance required. A year back, I got hit by an Activa and the front PPF took it well. Replaced that section by paying 1,450, and few broken clips...then the car was back to spanking new. Recently another Activa hit the rear passenger door while trying to squeeze in a gap at slow speed. Once again the paint was saved by PPF. Of late these Activas have become pests with their uncaring attitude towards other vehicles. Sometimes, the 5G models with their LED lights sting my eyes - at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_2535.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 20:42   #65
BHPian

Got my new baby fully protected by 3M PPF.

Metal panels with Venture-shield, bumpers & roof with standard PPF. Got CR70 for front wind-shield as freebies.

Flawless job done by 3M Golf Course road. They did inform me that, over-time it will become little dull, and requires at least annual maintenance.

Thank you @ V.Narayan for your various inputs, it seems you are a well known face at that work-shop.

Brdgs,
Sail
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1868.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1862.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1865.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1863.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1864.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1867.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2019 at 11:41. Reason: Removing, not because of your reported post, but because we don't allow any posts on "Team-BHP Discounts"
Sail is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 22:17   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^
Captain, congratulations the car looks sharp. I have benefited by having both my more expensive cars 100% pasted up.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 15:57   #67
BHPian

For a Q5, I'm getting a quote for 40k for major parts (front and back bumpers, front fenders, bonnet, rear view mirrors, door edges) and 98k for the full car (88k for full car excluding roof). This appears to be standard PPF since he quoted around 500 odd per sq ft.

Does this sound reasonable? Is the additional 60k for the full car worth it?

Last edited by Aurum : 5th January 2019 at 15:59.
Old 9th January 2019, 10:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
This appears to be standard PPF since he quoted around 500 odd per the full car worth it?

I will suggest to go with full car, except roof. It's a one time investment and certainly a worry free product.
Also please try for venture shield, much more superior product than standard PPF. I have both, check my earlier post. Venture shield can withstand day to to washing, cleaning easily. While standard one picks up swirl marks quite easily.
It's a complete peace of mind package with once a year maintenance for upkeep and long life.

Brdgs
Sail
Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
I will suggest to go with full car, except roof. It's a one time investment and certainly a worry free product.
Also please try for venture shield, much more superior product than standard PPF.
Brdgs
Sail
That's exactly what I'm doing, except the venture shield part. The guy didn't even mention that as an option when i went to him. Anyways, got a further 10k discount.
Old 9th January 2019, 14:18   #70
BHPian

Hi,
I recently got my 2012 Hyundai i20 headlight restored. Can I apply ppf on the headlights? I am currently using Philips 100/90 halogens. I am asking this question because I have seen many headlights turn yellow few months after restoration.
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th January 2019, 14:48   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hi,
I recently got my 2012 Hyundai i20 headlight restored. Can I apply ppf on the headlights? I am currently using Philips 100/90 halogens. I am asking this question because I have seen many headlights turn yellow few months after restoration.
Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can apply PPF to headlamps. I saw it being done to a BMW
Old 19th January 2019, 14:26   #72
BHPian

I am picking up my X5 tomorrow (brown) and have been strongly advised by my dealer and even his accessories department that a PPF is completely unnecessary and while he is happy to provide me a quote he was (against his self interest) recommending that this was a waste of money... What do you guys think
Old 19th January 2019, 15:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmohan83 View Post
I am picking up my X5 tomorrow (brown) and have been strongly advised by my dealer and even his accessories department that a PPF is completely unnecessary

First of all, hearty congratulations on your X5!!

As for the PPF, I think you should go to a reputed independent store like 3M and get it installed as per your liking.

When we took delivery of my FIL's Ecosport Titanium+ AT earlier this month, I got PPF installed from 3M. At the minimum, I think you should get all the scratch-prone areas covered. All door edges, door sills, mirror housings, bumper corners and the area behind the door handles.

Yours being a brown vehicle, even the smallest of scratches will spoil the shine of the paint. Spending 20 -25K for a vehicle which would have cost you a big packet, is a good investment in my opinion.

At least it does no damage to your paint and can be removed / replaced whenever you want to.

Drive safe!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 15:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
First of all, hearty congratulations on your X5!!

As for the PPF, I think you should go to a reputed independent store like 3M and get it installed as per your liking.

When we took delivery of my FIL's Ecosport Titanium+ AT earlier this month, I got PPF installed from 3M. At the minimum, I think you should get all the scratch-prone areas covered. All door edges, door sills, mirror housings, bumper corners and the area behind the door handles.

Yours being a brown vehicle, even the smallest of scratches will spoil the shine of the paint. Spending 20 -25K for a vehicle which would have cost you a big packet, is a good investment in my opinion.

At least it does no damage to your paint and can be removed / replaced whenever you want to.

Drive safe!
Thanks Viju. The proposal from BMW is for Llumar films that can be self healed and re-glossed. It has 3 years limited warranty.

For just OVRM, bumpers, doors clips and door guards the ask is 42,000 (~700 psf) and if I include the Bonnet it is 66,000. Full body is 2 lacs.

I am really just trying to protect against bikers and I do have zero dep insurance, so wondering what is the right level of investment.

Also 700 seems high vs the 500 psf that 3M quotes in this thread mention, may be some room for negotiation? ..
Old 19th January 2019, 20:25   #75
BHPian

Negotiated a bunch and closed it at 27k for bumpers, OVRM and doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks