Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2020, 20:04   #136
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy black Creta and thus ppf coating seems like a must-have. So far I could gather that full body ppf will cost ~80k which makes it beyond my budget (already have have stretched myself while going for IVT variant )

Would want to have views from fellow BHPians

1. If I go for ppf installation only on scratch-prone parts to save the cost, will there be any color/shine difference in covered vs uncovered after taken off after its useful life say 4-5 years?

2. If I have to chose only scratch prone parts, which parts should I cover? Would it help bring down cost to say 30k

3. Any recommendations for getting this done in Gurgaon?
Old 26th September 2020, 21:15   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Any idea on what a complete PPF for the Creta 2020 could cost? I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Seltos.
Haven't got it done myself. But have been able to gather that it should cost somewhere areound 80-90k. Also, it depends on the quality of ppf used. 3M is one of the costlier options.

Looking forward to hear from others also on this forum.
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 08:04   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hi Salil

I got full PPF wrapping done on my Verna in Feb this year. 3M is notoriously high for PPF, and surely does not deliver value for money either - so I went to a detailing studio near my home. The specs are as follows:

- Cost: Rs 30,000 for full
Hey Ajay, could you please share which studio you got this done?
Old 28th September 2020, 01:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Haven't got it done myself. But have been able to gather that it should cost somewhere areound 80-90k. Also, it depends on the quality of ppf used. 3M is one of the costlier options.

Looking forward to hear from others also on this forum.
So I spoke to many detailers in Delhi over the weekend and managed to get the following quotes:

1. 3M regular PPF - Rs. 595/sqft (1 year warranty)
2. 3M Venture shield - Rs. 910/sqft (2 year warranty)
3. 3M Pro series (?) - Rs. 1148/sqft (3 year warranty)
4. Xpel Ultimate Plus - Rs. 900/sqft (10 year warranty)
5. Llumar Classic - Rs. 800/sqft (5 year warranty)
6. Llumar Platinum - Rs. 950/sqft (10 year warranty)
7. Garware - Rs. 625/sqft (5 year warranty)
8. Detailingbull - Rs. 450/sqft (3 year warranty)

The cost for full coverage of a Creta 2020 with PPF (excluding glass area, including labour) ranged from Rs. 50,000 for 'homebrands' from Detailingbull/DetailingMafia/DetailingDevils and Avery Denisson to Rs. 1 Lakh for 3M regular, Rs. 1.25 lakh for Garware, Rs.1.6 lakh for Xpel Ultimate Plus/3M Venture Shield and Rs.1.9 for 3M Pro Series.

Assuming the average 'On-road' cost of a Creta 2020 to be around 17 Lakh, I am wondering if it makes sense to get a PPF @ rates between 5% to 10% of a car's cost.
iamitp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 02:10   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hi Salil
I got full PPF wrapping done on my Verna in Feb this year. ,
Hi Ajay, Mind sharing the name of the detailer you got the PPF from? I'm assuming it's in Delhi. How's it holding up after 7 months?
Old 28th September 2020, 10:22   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I spoke to many detailers in Delhi over the weekend and managed to get the following quotes:

Very useful, thank you. I am looking at doing the bonnet, bumper sides & ORVMs on my 330i.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 17:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ajay, could you please share which studio you got this done?
Quote:
Hi Ajay, Mind sharing the name of the detailer you got the PPF from? How's it holding up after 7 months?
Got this done at Galaxy Car care, Mayapuri, New Delhi. Dapneet the owner can be reached at 99115 22861.

It is holding up really well after 7 months. Since the paint was fully restored before the PPF installation, I have that showroom look sealed safely for good under the PPF - the grains are clearly visible and the car is still a head-turner. The edges where they cut off the film, say around the number plate, have caught on some dirt - I will be taking it to them next week and this will most probably be handled by cutting off that mm or so that holds the dust. A part from this, there are tiny bubbles on the front fender and some other areas - these will be punctured to eliminate them.

Overall, I am mighty glad that I finally did go in for PPF after 2.5 years of owning the car - my Verna's drool worthy . Guess a black beauty needs this for sure.

Cheers!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th September 2020 at 20:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged
AjayJohri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:24   #143
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, thats really helpful!!

Totally agree with you, arithmetically doesnt make sense any sense to invest 1.50-2 lacs on PPF for a 17 lacs car.

I'm sensing we have similar thought process here. Can we connect offline? May be 2 buyers can negotiate a better deal

Being a newbie, can't PM you. If you don't mind, you can share your mobile no on deepakdogra@gmail.com.
deepakdograbhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:23   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Being a newbie, can't PM you.
Hey Deepak, Sorry just saw this. Reached out to you on Email.

Last edited by iamitp : 2nd October 2020 at 17:25.
Old 15th October 2020, 15:24   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Quote:
Hey Deepak, Sorry just saw this. Reached out to you on Email.
Hey guys!! Any updates? Did you go ahead with getting ppf done? If yes then from where and how was your experience.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 16:56   #146
BHPian

Me and Deepak are getting our corners protected with Xpel Ultimate Plus from Autotech in Paschim Vihar. Shall share tentative cost after receiving the final quotes.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:03   #147
BHPian

I recently contacted Galaxy car care Mayapuri for PPF on my Seltos. He quoted me 40k for the whole car with Avery Dennison film. For 10k he assured me that he could cover my front bumper, bonnet and door edges. I'll update you guys once I get my car delivered and take It to their shop.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th October 2020 at 22:04. Reason: Please proof read your posts before submitting. Removing unwanted capitalising.
Gallardo_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 12:44   #148

I am from Kolkata and recently bought a black Skoda Karoq. Got PPF done from an importer whose brand is CAR SKIN. The application and quality is good and it came with 1 year warranty. Cost was 45K for the entire car. Got some discount since the owner was a friend of a friend.
I have noticed that PPF catches dust fairly quickly, can someone suggest the best way to maintain the same and washing instructions if any.
hirawat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 16:26   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Me and Deepak are getting our corners protected with Xpel Ultimate Plus from Autotech in Paschim Vihar. Shall share tentative cost after receiving the final quotes.
In the end, I have dropped PPF since the cost of replacement just doesn't seem worthwhile. Cost of protecting a panel (with a good PPF like Xpel Ultimate/3M Ventureshield) shouldn't be more than the cost of repainting it.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 17:02   #150
BHPian

I got a new 520d white and I was in two minds about getting a ppf done. I was more keen on getting a ceramic coat done three to six months down the like primarily to preserve the shine and counter the harsh weather coupled with not so subtle approach to washing of my apartment guy. As such white colour is less prone to (visible) swirl marks and less glossy. Hence looks brighter longer. The ppf seemed too expensive and I was thinking of getting my bumpers and mirrors done.

However a few days ago when my car war parked on the road side, a biker scraped the lower runner of my sparking new beemer . There is nothing more heart breaking than to see your car being scraped and needing repaint.

That made the decision for me. I was going to get the ppf done on full body! It's just not about the cost repaint - but the heart burn.

I went for the 3M pro series at 3M chembur. The guy did a fantastic job at a reasonable price which includes two years of maintenance. Washing each month and UV treatment each quarter.

If you love your car and you happen to have a car anything over 20L - I would definitely advice a ppf. For the darker colors it's a must for full body. For white or silver - at least the scratch prone areas should be covered. If you have a car on the lower end of price segment - still do get your bumpers, mirrors and door handle inners pasted.

If you have made an impractical decision of buying a car in the era of uber and zoom - be a little more impractical and spend that 5%
tictactoe is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks