Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 13:53   #151
BHPian

New White Honda City - which protection and accessories to go for?

Hello Team-BHP,

I recently acquired a pearl white Honda City (2020 model) in Hyderabad and would like to know what the best paint treatment would be.

I called up 3M and he suggested ceramic coating, I was hoping to go for PPF for protection. Does the PPF coating turn visibly yellow too soon to justify the cost?

My primary requirements are protection from scratches owing to poor driving etiquette on the roads. I've owned an older generation City for 10 years and had to replace the bumpers twice thanks to scratches induced by overzealous bikers.

Please share your recommendations on PPF vs Ceramic coating for a white car and also suggest a good dealer in Hyderabad to get the treatment done.
Old 1st December 2020, 14:00   #152
BHPian

Re: New White Honda City - which protection and accessories to go for?

Firstly,congrats for buying another Honda City.

Since you are from Hyderabad,I would suggest you to look at Saboo Ceramic Pro,which is at Jubilee Hills road no 92 and although its bit expensive,the quality of work is top notch.

Other one I would suggest you is Magnus Pro India,which is located at Jubilee Hills road no 37,CBI colony.He also does the work very well and bit expensive but cheaper than Saboo Ceramic Pro,I guess.Many of my known people had got their cars detailed from this guy.
car_guy1998 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:20   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Other one I would suggest you is Magnus Pro India,which is located at Jubilee Hills road no 37,CBI colony.He also does the work very well and bit expensive but cheaper than Saboo Ceramic Pro,I guess.Many of my known people had got their cars detailed from this guy.
Thank you! Would you recommend that I get PPF or Ceramic coating for my car?
Old 1st December 2020, 14:33   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
PPF for whole car might be expensive while Ceramic coating costs you from Rs.20k-40k depending on the detailer you choose.
Old 1st December 2020, 14:41   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
PPF for whole car might be expensive while Ceramic coating costs you from Rs.20k-40k depending on the detailer you choose.
Thank you so much for your quick response.

Agreed, cost of PPF for the whole car would be unreasonably expensive. Would Ceramic offer the same level of protection as PPF though? My primary issue is a cluttered parking garage which has several bikers coming in throughout the day, causing scrapes on the bumpers.

I'm not too concerned about the glossiness that Ceramic coating offers, as long as it also offers a little bit of the paint protection. The concern with PPF is the yellow tinting that's bound to occur with age.

I'll contact both Saboo and Magnus today and check on what they suggest as well. 3M was good when I started using their services a decade ago, not too keen on them now.
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 14:53   #156
BHPian

Quote:
A medium quality PPF will cost you roughly 15K just for scratch prone areas like bumpers, door handle, OVRMs etc. A full car PPF will be 60k to 90k.

It's about how much are you willing to spend. I personally highly recommend the scratch prone areas to be covered. A full car PPF is vanity (which some of us have indulged in).

Post that - either right away or a few months later you could get a ceramic coat or a good wax done for maintaining the shine of your car and protect it from the vagaries of nature and incorrect cleaning.
tictactoe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:58   #157

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

I inquired about getting my Toyota Fortuner from a new studio that recently opened in Gurgaon by BR Detailers.

They are associated with Turtle Wax (had heard of this brand from american youtubers) and they quoted me 40k but agreed to do it for 35k due to their opening offers. Comes with 4 year warranty.
Will go through with it later this week and update a thread with images etc.
aahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:11   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

I recently acquired a pearl white Honda City (2020 model) in Hyderabad and would like to know what the best paint treatment would be.

My primary requirements are protection from scratches.

Please share your recommendations on PPF vs Ceramic coating for a white car and also suggest a good dealer in Hyderabad to get the treatment done.
Hearty Congratulations on getting a new car.

Disclaimer: Based on my experience, this is my personal stand on ceramic coating and PPF. I don't mean to offend anyone. Also, I am related to Autotriz HYD and CarzspaHyderabad just as a consumer.

I have developed automotive detailing as my hobby since 8+ years. With all the knowledge that I have acquired, I would not recommend everyone to go for ceramic coating primarily due to its high price. I got one of my bikes ceramic coated at Autotriz HYD. The first application costed me a bomb. Afterwards, the yearly maintenance coats were a significant dent to the pocket. Do read my google review for a better understanding.

https://goo.gl/maps/QKYi5KuTVw6nWvog9

Although I do admit that the extra clear coat (i.e ceramic coat) is extremely beneficial for minor scratches, its never value for money. Deeper scratches or minor accidents may reach the original coloured paint coat rendering the ceramic coat useless which would further require a re-application.

Ceramic coating makes sense for those who:
1- Don't prefer frequent visits to Detailing studios.
2- Have darker coloured vehicles.
3- Have a beater car as a primary means of transport which is ready to take all minor accidents.
4- Are busy/lazy to take care of their paint on a daily basis (i.e to dust and cover whenever required so as to avoid swirls.)
5-Love spending on their vehicles.

The best alternative to ceramic coating is a proper detailing job every 6 months/year (depending upon the usage) which would be enough for a shiny swirl-free look. Nowadays, the clear coat from the factory is thick enough to withstand numerous detailing sessions provided appropriate compounds are used. It's usually seen that detailers use compounds with a high level of cut even when not necessary which consequently exhausts the clear coat well before time. For lighter coloured cars, detailing intervals can be slightly longer as the swirls aren't visible with a protective coat of a good wax/sealant.

As far as PPF is concerned, a high quality PPF should be compulsorily installed around the door handles, edges of all doors and boot entry area. Application of PPF to bumpers is a personal call. In my case, I would prefer to get it repainted every 8 months/year (if damaged) from a good painting booth as all my cars are beater cars.

This way, you can spend the saved money in getting useful accesories for your ride. I have recently got my pre-owned Vento detailed at Carzspa Hyderabad. If possible for you, we can meet some day for a detailed discussion and a quick look of our rides .
2TR-FE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:37   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TR-FE View Post
Hearty Congratulations on getting a new car.

I have recently got my pre-owned Vento detailed at Carzspa Hyderabad. If possible for you, we can meet some day for a detailed discussion and a quick look of our rides .
Thank you, that sounds great! looking forward to meeting you. Could you please share some pictures of your Vento?
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:58   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, that sounds great! looking forward to meeting you. Could you please share some pictures of your Vento?
Here they are! Pics clicked on the way back from Kurnool.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20201122_074858.jpg

Please bear with my photography skills.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20201203_122950.jpg

On this car, PPF is applied on all door edges and handle cups. The entire vehicle had significant swirls at the time of purchase. After quick passes with a low abrasive polish, all swirls were cleared. I applied Collnite 845 wax myself.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20201203_122132.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20201203_121816.jpg

Vento is usually washed once in 2 months. The last water wash was probably done in first week of October. As you can figure out from the time stamp on pics, it has been almost 1.5 months since the last wash.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20201122_074915.jpg

It takes about 5 mins to dust the car after a drive and cover it. Minor stains if visible can be cleaned using a diluted spray of 'Optimum no rinse wash and shine' and few microfiber towels.

That's it!
Happy detailing
Regards
2TR-FE is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 03:42   #161

Hello All, I'm expecting to take delivery of my KIA Sonet GTX+ this Friday. I had originally selected the white colour, however since suddenly Black was available, I moved swiftly. I had no plans to go for PPF with white.

Can someone suggest me a good detailer in Bangalore. I had contacted 3M and they have quoted very high. After that someone else referred a local detailer who is using Avery Dennison. I'm unable to find enough reviews to trust the brand. He has quoted roughly 55k for entire car except roof.

Would Really appreciate the help here.
Old 14th December 2020, 00:35   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur2smart View Post
Hello All, I'm expecting to take delivery of my KIA Sonet GTX+ this Friday. I had originally selected the white colour, however since suddenly Black was available, I moved swiftly. I had no plans to go for PPF with white.

Can someone suggest me a good detailer in Bangalore. I had contacted 3M and they have quoted very high. After that someone else referred a local detailer who is using Avery Dennison. I'm unable to find enough reviews to trust the brand. He has quoted roughly 55k for entire car except roof.

Would Really appreciate the help here.
So I've got the exact same car delivered to me on 10th. Now, I'm also looking for a detailer, in Kolkata to protect the color.
I had got a quote from 3M and they have quoted 1L approx for full body ppf except for the roof. And it's way out of my budget.
There is one app called gomechanic where full body ppf with Avery Dennison is quoted at around 65k. I've no feedback about them.

If anyone in Kolkata has information about a reputed detailer, kindly let me know.
Thanks!
Old 14th December 2020, 02:20   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
There is one app called gomechanic where full body ppf with Avery Dennison is quoted at around 65k. I've no feedback about them.

If anyone in Kolkata has information about a reputed detailer, kindly let me know.
Thanks!
A detailer close to my home has quoted similar price for Avery Dennison.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th December 2020 at 03:48. Reason: Quote trimmed.
ankur2smart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur2smart View Post
Hello All, I'm expecting to take delivery of my KIA Sonet GTX+ this Friday. After that someone else referred a local detailer who is using Avery Dennison. He has quoted roughly 55k for entire car except roof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
So I've got the exact same car delivered to me on 10th. There is one app called gomechanic where full body ppf with Avery Dennison is quoted at around 65k. I've no feedback about them
Hi Kolkata friends!

I got the Avery Dennison PPF wrap done on my brother's black Sonet last month in Delhi. This cost us Rs 32,000 and included:

1. Full Body PPF wrap, except the roof
2. Ceramic Coating on the roof
3. Three-year PPF guarantee and replacement (even for accidental damages)
4. 3-year car maintenance that includes 6 comprehensive interior and exterior detailing and 12 car washes (with windscreen, alloys and lights detailing, foam wash etc.)

The above is for our second car that was given the PPF treatment - so the products and the package is well-tested out.

While you may not get this kind of a deal in Kolkata, you can well imagine the margins these guys have and negotiate harder.

All the best!
AjayJohri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Hi Kolkata friends!

I got the Avery Dennison PPF wrap done on my brother's black Sonet last month in Delhi. This cost us Rs 32,000 and included:

1. Full Body PPF wrap, except the roof
2. Ceramic Coating on the roof
3. Three-year PPF guarantee and replacement (even for accidental damages)
4. 3-year car maintenance that includes 6 comprehensive interior and exterior detailing and 12 car washes (with windscreen, alloys and lights detailing, foam wash etc.)

The above is for our second car that was given the PPF treatment - so the products and the package is well-tested out.

While you may not get this kind of a deal in Kolkata, you can well imagine the margins these guys have and negotiate harder.

All the best!
Hello Ajay, Did you get it done from Car care Mayapuri ? Because he's offering me almost the same deal .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks