Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:26   #1906
BHPian

Folks, I had a quick question.

I am planning to install BMC cold air intake filters for my Swift. I have noticed that the room in engine bay may not be sufficient. Has anyone done a BMC cold air install?
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:02   #1907
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I own a Swift Zxi with a custom body kit. I would like to get some scratches and dents cleared on a total of 4 panels including rear and front fenders.

Also, I would like to make a design change in the existing set of skirts I have which is done with hard metal and not fibre. Is there anyone in Bangalore who will take care of my requirements at a competitive rate in terms of cost and quality of work??

I have gone through all the relevant posts with regard to recommended chop shops in Bangalore. But I am still confused.

I have visited Sai Colorium once before with a friend, but never had any direct interaction with them regarding any work.

Please advice.

P.S : I stay near IIM - Bangalore.
Old 5th September 2010, 08:54   #1908
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, can you share the pics of your ride?>
Old 5th September 2010, 17:24   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Guys
I own a Swift VXI and wanted to know if i can install a multi function display of Dzire (mounted on the dash) and any idea about the cost?
Also do i have any options to have a customized multi function display?
things that i have in my mind are (clock, temp sensor, FE indicator etc) and the optional things that most of the newer cars have on offer.
Unlikely. I've asked this question as well, and according to MASS the ECU in the Swift doesn't offer this information signal OR a connection port for this display. Not sure how accurate or truthful they're being, because I had a four-month dialogue with them about fitting a tacho to my LDi, and they said that wasn't possible either.
Then I took the car to Bosch who did it for me in two hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I think it's the upsize that's causing the harsh ride. Iam running A-drives in similair spec and the ride has become bumpy and harsh. what is the air pressure you maintain ? Nitrogen ?

Yeah +1 to that. I'm running 195/60 R15 A-drives as well, and I found the ride was immensely harsh. I tweaked the psi and found that staying between 28-30 on all tyres fixed the issue. FE didn't suffer either, I still get 17kpl almost every tank (in Bombay).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Hi Epic,

You're right. Even I'd never heard of OZ rims for this price. The rims originally were at 56k according to the tax invoice. I bought this from Milan Subway, Santacruz, Mumbai (can't recollect the dealer's name. Will check invoice and post). After a bit of haggling he offered to bring it down to 48k. Then came the leg work of finding something cheaper and some research to identify if these were originals. All the serial numbers added up to say they were originals. In fact, the rims were in their original boxes when I saw the three that were packed. Later I discovered that this guy has had the rims for over 18 months and hasn't been able to move them. When I offered to buy tires from him and after another good hours haggling he offered them for 20k in all.
Not only did I get the entire lot for 32k but I also managed to get 4 wheel alignment and balancing completely for free. He runs his own outfit a lil distance away from Milan Subway. A good dealer who offered this service completely on his own. I'd never asked him for balancing and alignment.
Not a bad deal eh?

On the other hand, I got the tie rods adjusted and the tire pressure reduced from 28psi to 24psi. This has made the ride smooth again. I may need to look at the shocks and bushes sometime later but for now this will do. I'm pretty much broke this month.
When you buy rims and tyres from someone they almost always do the balancing and alignment... it's sort of essential.
Still... you got a good deal, the questionable authenticity of goods from Milan subway notwithstanding.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:57   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hey, can you share the pics of your ride?>
Hey Naveen,

If it is me you are asking for the pics, then I will surely do so but only after I am done with the body work !! I will do before and after segment for sure.

Cheers.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:45   #1911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Hey Naveen,

If it is me you are asking for the pics, then I will surely do so but only after I am done with the body work !! I will do before and after segment for sure.

Cheers.
Ya sure. Am planning for a bodykit. Want to see different options before I do so. I just want side skirts. front and rear bumper lip. Dont want to change the complete set as gti kits are pretty common these days.
Keep me updated.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:40   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Has anyone used this? Tried checking to see if they have Indian maps, but theres nothing listed.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:48   #1913
BHPian

cables for swift

hey guys.

i recently got a pipercross air filter and hks iridium spark plugs for my car. wanted to replace the cables as well. which brand should i go in for. has any of the swift owners done this..
Old 6th October 2010, 12:15   #1914
Senior - BHPian

My Swift VXi is running on Green Cotton "Wind" CAI and Automech FFE with expansion chamber and a REMUS endcan.

It's been three years now and looking for a change of scene.

Been talking to N1 Racing Equipments about Magnaflows.

They have quoted Rs.8000 for a Magnaflow premuffler and Rs.11,000 for the endcan. The premuffler would replace the Automech expansion chamber thus bringing down the noise levels.

Your expert thoughts are well appreciated

thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 13:32   #1915
DNS
BHPian

I came across a thread about the new Swift, but I cant seem to trace it again.

If anyone comes across it, please post it here.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 14:23   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
I came across a thread about the new Swift, but I cant seem to trace it again.

If anyone comes across it, please post it here.

Thanks
I guess this is the thread you are mentioning about:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...8-pg-16-a.html
Old 18th October 2010, 11:52   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
hey guys.

i recently got a pipercross air filter and hks iridium spark plugs for my car. wanted to replace the cables as well. which brand should i go in for. has any of the swift owners done this..

Have fitted Walters iridium for my swift a year & a half ago, didn't have to change the cable/wiring for it. Good performance.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:13   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
My Swift VXi is running on Green Cotton "Wind" CAI and Automech FFE with expansion chamber and a REMUS endcan.

It's been three years now and looking for a change of scene.

Been talking to N1 Racing Equipments about Magnaflows.

They have quoted Rs.8000 for a Magnaflow premuffler and Rs.11,000 for the endcan. The premuffler would replace the Automech expansion chamber thus bringing down the noise levels.

Your expert thoughts are well appreciated

thanks
I am no expert but have got done FFE from headers to end-can from a person called Afzal @ Tardeo on my Gypsy last year. I am very happy with the performance of the vehicle. Also know of a few friends who vouch for the performance of his FFE system.

Approx cost under Rs 10000 total.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:29   #1919
Senior - BHPian

@ Rossi: Please note that i do have a Free Flow Exhaust [FFE] in my car.

My query was specific to Magnaflow
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:13   #1920
BHPian

Hello Friend's. ↲↲I have a 5 year old swift and i am facing problem with the rattling sound which arises as the car get's old.↲↲I really want to get rid of this problem, kindly provide me inputs for the same. The noise is generally from the front door pads and the dashboard which is noticeable in bumps and bad road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks