Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 19:17   #2071
BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
@TeddyBear - All the mods mentioned are level one mods, which can be quite easily undone if you want to. Why does a cast iron manifold surprise you? Since you mentioned that is a 4x1, the car must be loud. Just ensure from the service records that the 40k on the odometer are genuine. Nothing else to be worried about. Also ask the owner if he has done any internal engine mods. If he has then you may have a reason to worry as you will not know the quality of those mods.
Thanks Vikram, The service records are Genuine. Does the Level -1 Modification affects Mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
i guess the price been quoated is way too much for a 2005 swift.

when i sold my 2008 swift stock the maximum price which i got was 3.5 lakhs from dealers, then i sold to an individual(and note it was a single owner).

you being the third owner(the price is high). also why the second owner is selling if his usage was almost nil.. looks fishy with this deal.

try in true value, and does the car has service records? insurance ? how much driven.
Thanks Speedy Racer! The price is high, but we are not getting Zxi for 3L range. The second owner has done 8 K in two years. Service records and Insurance are good. It was done Total of 40K KMs till now.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:45   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Thanks Vikram, The service records are Genuine. Does the Level -1 Modification affects Mileage?
If only those mods have been carried out then your mileage should not be affected. Mileage will ultimately depend on how you drive.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 19:48   #2073
BHPian

the mods are standard. no worries there, do drive and check the feel of the car

the price might be a bit high, however bangalore prices are always high
babhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 08:46   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
When we are seeing the old acccessories that was available with this second owner, 1. Tradition Air Filter, 2. Silencer & exhaust pipe 3. Engine out to Silencer exhaust made up of Iron. This one had four outlets becoming single piple.
Ok first off going by what you have mentioned, a 4x1 is a typical rally spec header design. Designed for top speed and not the low end torque types, now considering that this car is gonna be driven in Bangalore am sure you will not need this. If you ever pick up this car go back to the stock setup.

I still think that there is something amiss(I might be speculating though) and would suggest that you do a thorough check of the service history. Haste always makes waste, take a good look around if you can find better cars before you sign that cheque or put your money on the table. .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 16:27   #2075
BHPian

Thanks rjstyles.

we have done Mileage testing inclusing highway & City traffic. Overall it was giving 13 KM/L with A/C.

So, we have come to the conclussion it is only Level-1 mod and no internals are done.

Finalized the deal. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post the experience later.
Old 19th April 2012, 18:25   #2076

i have a 4 year old swift vdi white which has run 40k kms now. i noticed that the tyres are actually completely bald and needs urgent replacement. i am planning an overhaul of the car so that it runs trouble free for the next 40k kms. can someone list out what all i need to replace/check. my budget is 50k and i am planning to change my sony cd player also, cause the audio quality is below par.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:31   #2077
BHPian

Hello All,

My swift ZXI petrol is due service and Engine oil change, Request all to please advice which Engine oil to get (Synthetic) for the same.?

Also please help where to get the Oil and approx price,Also where to get the engine flush and Oil replaced??
Old 26th May 2012, 15:36   #2078
DNS
BHPian

Hi,

Im looking for the sticker in the attached picture. would any1 know where i could get it in Mumbai?

Thanks
DNS
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-suzukilogo.jpg  

Old 28th May 2012, 20:21   #2079
BHPian

I'm considering buying a swift zdi, and test drove both the swift and the renault pulse so far. For practical purposes, I'd prefer the swift, but i quite like the zero turbo lag engine of the pulse. Are there ways of reducing the lag in the swift without voiding the warranty? From what i hear, tuning boxes (pete's etc) dont really change the rpm band that the turbo turns on.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:20   #2080
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdus001 View Post
I'm considering buying a swift zdi, and test drove both the swift and the renault pulse so far. For practical purposes, I'd prefer the swift, but i quite like the zero turbo lag engine of the pulse. Are there ways of reducing the lag in the swift without voiding the warranty? From what i hear, tuning boxes (pete's etc) dont really change the rpm band that the turbo turns on.
The Pete's box does not change where the power band starts. 2000 rpm remains at 2000 rpm. But it pulls all the way to 4000 rpm instead of running out of breath at 3000 rpm. Unless your on the highway, you dont need to exceed 3000 rpm to have a good time.

The tuning box does IMO make the car run a bit smoother even at lower rpms. It also seems to reach the power band a bit quicker than before. and once you hit 2000 rpm, you are flying. She flies through the gears, revs almost like a petrol, if you do it right.

The new swift is a beautiful car, inside and out. The 1.3 motor is a masterpiece, like most Fiat engines. There is a great improvement over the old swift on the suspension too. Service and maintenance is very reasonable.
Old 31st May 2012, 13:09   #2081
BHPian

A few question from a new owner of a Swift ZDI.
1) Has any one fitted the arm rest on the new Swift? The earlier swift used to have a bottle holder where most after market arm rests used to fit nicely but the bottle holder is missing in the new Swift.

2) Has any one gone for the interior white lighting offered as a MGA by Maruti? Would want to do the lighting but very apprehensive about they way accessories shops deal with the wiring.

3) Have seen a few Swift with bumper gaurds from Hiker (or some other bands) like the one on the Innova which blends with the Swift nicely unlike the bull bars that are prevalent . Has anyone tried these and would these gaurds have an adverse effect on Safety

Thanks in advance for your answers
Old 7th June 2012, 00:23   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
A few question from a new owner of a Swift ZDI.
1) Has any one fitted the arm rest on the new Swift? The earlier swift used to have a bottle holder where most after market arm rests used to fit nicely but the bottle holder is missing in the new Swift.
You can get an arm rest installed. I have seen one where the arm rest is installed with its holders fastened under the seat. But only downside is that you will not be able to remove and fix it back as easily as you could with the type that was compatible with the cup/bottle holder

Quote:
2) Has any one gone for the interior white lighting offered as a MGA by Maruti? Would want to do the lighting but very apprehensive about they way accessories shops deal with the wiring.
Iv seen a neat install in an SX4. It was done outside and not from MGA. Moreover, MGA normally charges you extra for the accessories.

Quote:
3) Have seen a few Swift with bumper gaurds from Hiker (or some other bands) like the one on the Innova which blends with the Swift nicely unlike the bull bars that are prevalent . Has anyone tried these and would these guards have an adverse effect on Safety.
Do you really feel the need for such an add-on ? Have seen a few running with the Hiker. IMHO they only spoil the looks of the hatch. As far as safety issues are concerned, if not installed properly it might cause damage.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 18:08   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You can get an arm rest installed. I have seen one where the arm rest is installed with its holders fastened under the seat.
===========
IMHO they only spoil the looks of the hatch. As far as safety issues are concerned, if not installed properly it might cause damage.
Hi Xryder,

Even I was planning to get the hiker front and back guards for Swift. If we keep the looks aside, I also heard that the guard rests on the bumper which results in drooping. Is this even true? Why would the Guard rest on the bumper, isn't it supposed to sit on some kind of support under the car?
Old 8th June 2012, 19:41   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Hi Xryder,

Even I was planning to get the hiker front and back guards for Swift. If we keep the looks aside, I also heard that the guard rests on the bumper which results in drooping. Is this even true? Why would the Guard rest on the bumper, isn't it supposed to sit on some kind of support under the car?
Not sure if they rest on the bumper, but if its a bad install, yes damage could be significant even if its a small impact.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:03   #2085
BHPian

How would a pair of Hella Rally HIDs look on Swift Gen 3? I'm worried my car would end up in "Wackiest Mods" thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks