Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 19:44   #2116

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
This is nicely done and maintained! In the first picture, the shadows of the wires actually gives it a nice effect. But overall it looks amazing!
Thanks Shome it takes a lot of effort these days to keep cars dent and scratch free!!!
Old 13th July 2012, 09:09   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubla View Post
Hi guys, though I'm new to this forum just thought of sharing some pictures of my 5 year old Swift, completely stock only with a few cosmetic changes - graphics and front mesh grilles and 185/60 Maxxis tyres.

All cosmetic changes were done at home itself within the first week of buying the Swift and it has remained the same ever since.

Its been a wonderful bond sharing 70,000 odd kilometres and both the bond and the Swift are still going strong!!!
Thats another tastefully modified swift. Looks really cool. I liked the alloys most as they compliment the looks of the car.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 12:20   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
I would like to share pics of a modified swift which we have named
'Swift Tokyo Drift'
thats one of the most elegant, beautifully modified swift i've seen recently,congrats dude. please do put some pics of the interior.
desigNation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 12:24   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubla View Post
Hi guys, though I'm new to this forum just thought of sharing some pictures of my 5 year old Swift, completely stock only with a few cosmetic changes - graphics and front mesh grilles and 185/60 Maxxis tyres.

All cosmetic changes were done at home itself within the first week of buying the Swift and it has remained the same ever since.

Its been a wonderful bond sharing 70,000 odd kilometres and both the bond and the Swift are still going strong!!!
rubla- the car looks great but you should have avoided the stickers of the brands[which i presume, none of the brands are in your car] on the front door, which looks really tacky.
desigNation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 12:27   #2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
thats one of the most elegant, beautifully modified swift i've seen recently,congrats dude. please do put some pics of the interior.
Thanks mate!! only exteriors were modified, so no interior pics
Old 13th July 2012, 12:43   #2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
rubla- the car looks great but you should have avoided the stickers of the brands[which i presume, none of the brands are in your car] on the front door, which looks really tacky.
Thanks Designation, like I mentioned before all the cosmetic changes were done within the first week of purchasing the swift five years back and the brand stickers on both my front doors were add ons on my wish list which i wanted to upgrade to as time moved on but my locational constraint and my meagre CTC and incentives allowed me to install only the K&N filter till date, could have afforded Pirelli tyres but couldn't get the right tread and size here.

Anyways both appreciation and criticism well accepted! Thanks!!!
Old 16th September 2012, 12:12   #2122
BHPian

hey there, i bought a swift vxi last month and i have ordered lowering springs, full gti bodykit with dual exhausts and headlamps and all.. first thing i did was getting rid of the 14" wheels, i had a set of 17" kosei racing wheels and tyres from a previous corolla, and now theyre in the swift, ride is slightly stiffer, but this car is being made just for looks!
heres a pic, also test driving this beautiful swift sport 1.6. bloody good but 32 lacs asking!!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-silswift.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-swifts.jpeg  

Old 16th September 2012, 18:14   #2123
BHPian

I had bought the 2012 Swift VDI about 4 months back. Today went along with a friend for a tyre change for his Camry and came across the original alloy wheels of the new Swift ZDI variant which a customer had exchanged for a set of new alloys. This guy is quoting Rs.8000 for 4 alloys which are in good condition.

Shall i go ahead and pick them up for my VDI? Are they worth the price or do i bargain a little more for them? Please let me know your views on the same.
Old 16th September 2012, 21:25   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819
came across the original alloy wheels of the new Swift ZDI variant which a customer had exchanged for a set of new alloys. This guy is quoting Rs.8000 for 4 alloys which are in good condition.

Shall i go ahead and pick them up for my VDI? Are they worth the price or do i bargain a little more for them? Please let me know your views on the same.
8k for 4 wheels is ultra cheap. go ahead if you like the design ,check for damage. You have to change your tyres i guess.
Old 17th September 2012, 16:14   #2125
BHPian

Have any of you been able to get your hands on a New Swift specific Armrest? I badly need one, but couldn't find it in any of the shops here. All they have is Universal Fit, which IMO looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
That's dirt cheap Mate. They are OEM alloys, and much better in quality and durability than most after market brands. Afaik, ZDi's new alloy officially costs around 4.5-5k a piece. If u like the design, don't waste time in thinking, offers like these don't last long. But, do check for any signs of damage.
Old 17th September 2012, 19:44   #2126
BHPian

Just came to know that the OEM alloys of Swift ZDI are 15" rims. As soon as I bought my Swift I swapped my 5 tyres with Michelin R14 XM2. So I feel it will not make sense for me to once again buy new tyres for the 15" alloys. What do you say?
Old 17th September 2012, 20:42   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Just came to know that the OEM alloys of Swift ZDI are 15" rims. As soon as I bought my Swift I swapped my 5 tyres with Michelin R14 XM2. So I feel it will not make sense for me to once again buy new tyres for the 15" alloys. What do you say?
Yes you are right unless the dealer is offering you a good buy back rate for your XM2 or one of your friends ready to take your XM2?

Another bhpian MutantX swapped his R14 yoko a-drive for 3900 (8 months and 8k on the odo) and bought 195/60 R15 ZLO. He also sold his 14 alloys for 9k or so.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:55   #2128
BHPian

Hi Zwift,
8k is damn cheap for oem alloys, in case if you are passing that offer please let me know, i would like to pick those, provided the alloys are damage free.
Old 20th September 2012, 17:51   #2129
BHPian

Hi Mates,

I was strolling about in the by-lanes of the auto market here in Dubai and my thoughts were on my vacation in December. And the first thing that came into my mind was my Swifty. I hadn't got her to look any beautiful than she already was. 'Course I had changed her alloys and tires when I had bought her new in '09 but thats about it and there wasn't any radical change. And just as I passed through I saw this pair of eyes peering at me from a shop and I thought, why not. Thus it came to happen that I got hold of the following for my Swifty:

1) Front Head lamps, Angel Eyes with single projector (Taiwan),
2) LED Read Tail lights (Taiwan)
3) LED Fog Lamps (the complete assembly, Taiwan), and,
4) Rear Spoiler (Got it in Silver, got to re-paint it).

And now some pics. I would need some help here people. Firstly, I would have to buy an HID kit for the projector set-up. When I enquired, there are a lot of fake products out here (under famous brands) that are offered on warranty. The price difference between the real thing and the fake product is huge. What do I do? There are set-ups right from AED160 to AED240 (best amongst the duplicates). The real thing cost anything between AED500 (Osram) to AED750 (Philips). Secondly, I would want some good techinicians to fix these things that I have got without ruining them. Any suggestions from guys in Coimbatore or Chennai would be welcome.

Finally, I hope my car would look a bomb when she's got all these mods done. Actually I was thinking I would pimp my ride mechanically, but the Swift's got its limitations and I didn't want to tamper with it. I would want to keep her long enough to show it to my son/daughter. My very first car.

Cheers
Champion
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img2012091900124.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img2012092000126.jpg  

Old 20th September 2012, 19:10   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion
Hi Mates,

I was strolling about in the by-lanes of the auto m--------------------- snip------------------ very first car.

Cheers
Champion
Items,4. And pictures,2?
Gross injustice!
What standard are the bulbs in the projector?
H4?

Also, we'd really love to see how the led fogs light up, you know. To compare it with replacement led bulbs.

Most Viewed