Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 16:27   #1681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
@West:
Buddy, I might be interested in the rear bumper since my original one has cracked after a bike banged into it

Let me know the price and it would be good if you could post some pics of the set that you have...

I found this post by west with the pic in it. Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1301274
Old 14th August 2009, 20:43   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
I found this post by west with the pic in it. Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1301274
Thanks a lot degenr8 But there is only one pic and the rear bumper isn't that clear. Also, it appears to be smaller in length than the OEM one..
Old 20th August 2009, 16:29   #1683
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
hey prashant check out my gallery.The spoiler you see on my car is of good quality.I got it for 2500 from driven.
Hi,

Would you be knowing where I can get this spoiler in Mumbai?

Thanks.
D
Old 20th August 2009, 17:18   #1684
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
Here is my car with the new mesh grill and neons. All the work was done at home, a total DIY..
Hi, How did u get that carbon fiber into the head lamps.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:52   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
Hi, How did u get that carbon fiber into the head lamps.
DNS,
You are replying to very old posts.

Its just normal paint and not carbon fiber in those headlamps.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:28   #1686
BANNED

Guys which is the best spoiler for swift as saw one at dealership which comes with 2 screws and i need to drill the metal sheet in my car to fix that, few others i have seen in cars which comes with clamps just need to attach it to rear top no drilling required.As per the dealer the one which is having screws is Maruti OEM rest are aftermarket.Need inputs.
Old 30th August 2009, 14:41   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Guys which is the best spoiler for swift as saw one at dealership which comes with 2 screws and i need to drill the metal sheet in my car to fix that, few others i have seen in cars which comes with clamps just need to attach it to rear top no drilling required.As per the dealer the one which is having screws is Maruti OEM rest are aftermarket.Need inputs.
Hey Ajay,

I have an aftermarket spoiler on my Swiftie and it was fixed by drilling two very small holes at the back side of the roof.

Please see my car's pic in Post#1675 on Page#112 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1430803)

I believe all the spolers have to be fitted with some kind of screw/nut bolt that can be opened only from inside. If the spoiler is fitted with clamps, as you mentioned, then what would be the security of the spoiler? Anyone can remove it
Old 31st August 2009, 09:31   #1688
BHPian

Guys, Any place in Bangalore, where I can get a "DEAD PEDAL " installed ? My ankle hurts sometimes in high traffic of Bangalore

Thanks a ton
Old 31st August 2009, 11:40   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Any idea how much qty of Carbon Fiber sticker is needed to cover the bonnet of the Swift ?
Old 31st August 2009, 12:01   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ajay,

I have an aftermarket spoiler on my Swiftie and it was fixed by drilling two very small holes at the back side of the roof.

Please see my car's pic in Post#1675 on Page#112 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1430803)

I believe all the spolers have to be fitted with some kind of screw/nut bolt that can be opened only from inside. If the spoiler is fitted with clamps, as you mentioned, then what would be the security of the spoiler? Anyone can remove it
Its not only a matter of security but a matter of safety too. Spoilers which are fitted with only clamps and not screwed into the body have a high risk of coming off at high speeds. My own experience; was driving on the Mumbai-Pune highway at around 120kmph when the rear spoiler on my Swift flew off as it was fitted with only a clamp and not screwed into the body. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me or else iot could have been a serious tragedy for anyone travelling behind me!
Old 31st August 2009, 12:09   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Its not only a matter of security but a matter of safety too. Spoilers which are fitted with only clamps and not screwed into the body have a high risk of coming off at high speeds. My own experience; was driving on the Mumbai-Pune highway at around 120kmph when the rear spoiler on my Swift flew off as it was fitted with only a clamp and not screwed into the body. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me or else iot could have been a serious tragedy for anyone travelling behind me!
Damn thats scary dude!

I have a replica OEM Spoiler. And its clamped from the inside of the car using some metal holders. But I've also seen a couple of Swifts whose spoilers look as if they are stuck on to the car.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:36   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Whoa! Lucky for you that nobody was behind... So what do u have on your car now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Damn thats scary dude!

I have a replica OEM Spoiler. And its clamped from the inside of the car using some metal holders. But I've also seen a couple of Swifts whose spoilers look as if they are stuck on to the car.
Well the spoilers that appear to be stuck to the roof are actually tied up with screws from inside. When my spoiler was installed, I saw the guy putting some black 2 way tape on the edge that connects the spoiler to the roof and then put nut bolts to fix it permanently. So they are fixed with 2 things, the sticker and the nut bolts.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:00   #1693
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ajay,

Hi Murtaza,

I saw the spoiler you have on your swift, and really like it.

Could you tell me were in mumbai (if you know) or pune you got it from and its cost.

Will u be attending the meet this month. heres the link if you are interested.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...e-bhpians.html
Old 1st September 2009, 11:13   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
Hi Murtaza,

I saw the spoiler you have on your swift, and really like it.

Could you tell me were in mumbai (if you know) or pune you got it from and its cost.

Will u be attending the meet this month. heres the link if you are interested.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...e-bhpians.html
Hey DNS,
I mentioned the info earlier too. I will still mention it for you again

I got the spoiler from Modern Car at Poolgate, Camp, Pune. Got it for 2400 including the matt black paint... The same guy had quoted me 3500 earlier

I have voted for the meet. But the only date I can make it is 27th since Ramazan is on and it gets over on 20th...
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:11   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Saw this modded Swift at an exhibition ground at Trivandrum during this Onam week - advertisement of some Trivandrum based tuner.

Not sure whether this should go to the weird and whacky mods thread. Anyway posting it here.

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-dsc05490.jpg

Name:  DSC05484.jpg
Views: 4490
Size:  88.3 KB

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-dsc05486.jpg

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-dsc05500.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks