Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:27   #1726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyogshukla View Post
Hi all once again,

So i am going with your suggestion and wont be getting a body kit for now.

Now for my music system, Body colored handles and mirror & Seat covers i have already spent 50k (the seat covers that i got are from ovion art leather and for the Seat covers, steering cover in leather and neck pillows i had to pay 8k) everything from Satya.

Now i have some 25k left as per my budget which i think will not be enough for 15" with potenza's so here are a couple of options that i was considering

(1) Go for 14" alloys and get a set of 4 alloys with/without changing the tyres on those and have the spare tyre as it is

(2) Go for 15" alloys and get a set of 4 alloys with changed tyres and keep a 14" stock spare for emergency

So guys please suggest me if 14" are worth having or should i go for 15" only i dont want to go higher than that coz i like to travel so handling and comfort level are priority

and also as i am getting everything done from satya only, my plans were to get this thing done from him only. But when i talked to him about this and asked if potenza GIII would be a good choice his reply was 'don't go for potenza's its not for Indian roads' what do you guys think about it as i've heard otherwise
I was in the same dilemma a few days back and chose to stick with 14" stock tyres and get 14" alloys for them. What I observed after rim change is that the tyres look bigger and broader (check my garage for alloys). Also, I felt a sudden change in handling of the vehicle after the rim change. Its much better than before and I actually felt that I have changed my tyres!

The only issue with sticking to 14" alloys and not upgrading to 15" alloys is the limited design pattern available for 14". All the designs that I liked the most were only available on 15" and above :(

About Potenza's, don't know much, but Bridgestone is a preferred choice for people driving on bad roads AFAIK. Go in for Michelin XM1+ if not bridgestone.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 23rd September 2009 at 15:28.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:34   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, Any place in Bangalore, where I can get a "DEAD PEDAL " installed ? My ankle hurts sometimes in high traffic of Bangalore

Thanks a ton
Can anyone take time to answer me
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:42   #1728
BHPian

@MurtazaGhiya Man please change those tyres,or else you would end up claiming the insurance for sure,if you drive in a spirited manner.hehe

Last edited by jithudigitised : 23rd September 2009 at 15:50.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:43   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can anyone take time to answer me
There is a discussion for you here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ee-pain-1.html

Have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Man please change those tyres,or else you would end up claiming the insurance for sure,if you drive in a spirited manner.hehe
Was that for me buddy?

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 23rd September 2009 at 15:46.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:03   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyogshukla View Post
Hi all once again,
and also as i am getting everything done from satya only, my plans were to get this thing done from him only. But when i talked to him about this and asked if potenza GIII would be a good choice his reply was 'don't go for potenza's its not for Indian roads' what do you guys think about it as i've heard otherwise

Hi I personally tell that the first option is correct since when you go to sell the tyres then you will hear the same story and you will end up in selling the new tyres.

but there is no use keeping the tyres for a longer period as they will become hard and no use since generally you will not have any problem in new tyres.

or try for some used tyres and alloys in the forum.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:55   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Was that for me buddy?
Ya man,that was for you.
I said this because i have had a bad experience using the stock 165 tyres.I should have changed it before.
Old 24th September 2009, 00:41   #1732
BHPian

hey bhpians,
i am looking for projectors for my swift vxi,2007 model.I have come across three kinds till now:
1) the three led ones
2) the ones without the three leds but with the same black theme
3) the new ones with single projector like in the swift sports
I want you to please compare these three based on the following characterstics
a) Intensity or brightness
b) built quality
c) looks (this one is personal)
d) cost
Also does any one of them come with ccfl rings ??
Mods please merge it in appropriate thread if it is not the correct place for posting it..

Last edited by mustang89 : 24th September 2009 at 00:42.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:20   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Ya man,that was for you.
I said this because i have had a bad experience using the stock 165 tyres.I should have changed it before.
Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it Also, please share you experience with the team here so that people know real issues with those tyres.

I have just done 14K on these tyres and changing them right now will not fetch anything in exchange for newer tyres + my driving is mostly in city and not in a spirited manner (am not too fast) + no money left now :(. I have already done lots of research on tyres available for the car, so will definitely upgrade to Michelin XM1+ 195/70/R14 after 35K kms or whenever the tyres wear out.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:20   #1734
BHPian

This was also the same mistake i did.I thought of changing the tyres after a 30K kms.But luck wasn't with me.I had an accident which should have been easily avoided if i had a better tyre with more grip.I am saying this because i slided almost 10 mtrs when i braked hard before the accident took place which led to a insurance claim of almost 25K.Hmm

Well i learned the lesson hard way and immediately changed the tyres to Michelin 195/60 R15 mxv8 after i got the vehicle from the accident repairs.

Now my Michelins have clocked almost 26K and still the grip they give is superb.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:27   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
This was also the same mistake i did.I thought of changing the tyres after a 30K kms.But luck wasn't with me.I had an accident which should have been easily avoided if i had a better tyre with more grip.I am saying this because i slided almost 10 mtrs when i braked hard before the accident took place which led to a insurance claim of almost 25K.Hmm

Well i learned the lesson hard way and immediately changed the tyres to Michelin 195/60 R15 mxv8 after i got the vehicle from the accident repairs.

Now my Michelins have clocked almost 26K and still the grip they give is superb.
Gosh!!! Sorry to hear that...

I might change them as soon as I collect enough Vitamin M

, what is the difference between Michelin XM1+ and MXV8? Price details if you don't mind?
Old 24th September 2009, 17:47   #1736
BHPian

no replies for my query..:(
Old 24th September 2009, 17:57   #1737
BHPian

i think currently the mxv8 model is discontinued and instead a new series has come.

When i got it in 2008, the price i got was 4200 per tyre.(mind its 15inch and 14inch).
Old 24th September 2009, 18:09   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
no replies for my query..:(
Check the below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...rsion-kit.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ws-needed.html

Keep reading and am sure these threads would help. For rest, just shout out.

I did not like the projectors much. Setting the throw is a huge task. The looks are good and thats all about it. But everyone to their own. I think the single one has ccfl.

Old 12th October 2009, 14:34   #1739
BHPian

Guys I need advice on the right tire pressure.
My original tires were of 165 R14. and now I am using 205/55 R15
I would like to know what would be the right method of calculation the tire pressure. What I can recall was that the 165 profile tire was having 33psi so how should calculate the tire pressure for 205/55 R15
As of now I am filling 28psi or sometimes 27psi too
Old 12th October 2009, 14:39   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Gosh!!! Sorry to hear that...

I might change them as soon as I collect enough Vitamin M

, what is the difference between Michelin XM1+ and MXV8? Price details if you don't mind?
@Murtaza
I had exchanged my stock tires for Michelin XM1+ 195 profile tires on the same rims and I had to pay 10,500 for all 5 tires but this was 2 years ago and I had only clocked 1,500 kms in the tires

You will have to check with the tire fellow as 195/65 R14 would be the right profile and not 195/60 R14 which is the one I had. So you will have to go out and check which co. is the right size. U will get 185 size easily as per the ones which come with zxi model

Last edited by l_tejash : 12th October 2009 at 14:49. Reason: forgot to mention the tire size for the upgrade

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks