Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 23:17   #6271
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
FYI, the pics attached are not mine. These are from my friend's latest installation. I have a Swift with aftermarket projectors made in Singapore. I use Auto Gauge HID's. The ones in the OHC are not branded.
I thought you'd have known some aspects about your friends retrofit. Nevermind then.

I think I'll check with Ryan's contact at Sainath Motors will be the best bet to clear any doubts
Old 29th July 2012, 12:49   #6272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I thought you'd have known some aspects about your friends retrofit. Nevermind then.

I think I'll check with Ryan's contact at Sainath Motors will be the best bet to clear any doubts
My friend actually did that onto his friends car. It's done at Sainath Motors. Ryan knows the person.
Old 29th July 2012, 13:21   #6273
Senior - BHPian

To the pro's here, how easy is it to convert a H8 bulb housing to a H11 or a HB3 setup ? Easy as DIY or needs a pro to work on it
Old 29th July 2012, 19:29   #6274
Senior - BHPian

Hey just wanted to find out what the name of the Phillips stock replacement bulbs are called Xtreme Power or Extreme Vision. Im talking about the ones that are similar to stock bulbs in colour not the white/bluish ones.
Im looking to get these for my Beat. I need H4 bulbs right ? And any idea what the fog lamp bulb type is and if these are available for them ?
Also would like to know the approx cost per pair and where in Mumbai suburbs I could pick them up. Any shop at Milan Subway since its close by ?
Old 30th July 2012, 18:19   #6275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Since I am looking to upgrade headlamps on my Vista to 90/100, am eagerly searching for H7-H7 combo relay harness with very little success. However have come across some relays on Amazon and would like to get expert advise if this is the right thing for the Vista:

Amazon.com: H7 Relay Harness For Xenon HID Conversion Kit: Automotive

I do not want to try options like Lo Beam with stock and High Beam with 80 W Philips which might black out the reflectors.
I have upgraded my high beams to 90w H7 Essential visions(Rs.130/bulb) without any modifications Dec last.just plug and play.I am happy with the high beam results.Now planning to switch to Philips extreme vision 55W for low beams.This way,the warranty is intact and get better illumination as well.
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 11:09   #6276
BHPian

one of my friend bought Phillips rally 130/100 [& he borrowed Osram 130/90 bulbs also to see the performance]. He was looking for original 'Made in Germany' prod but didn't get them in B'lore. Now today he's buying Roots Lighting Harness. He would like to know, in Roots, whether only one type of harness is there or is there something heavy duty also. Since he's going to use 130/100, he just he wants take advises from the experienced here. Also, is there any other brand which is better than Roots? & shop/s name in B'lore which sell the originals.

Thanks,
Old 1st August 2012, 13:13   #6277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I have upgraded my high beams to 90w H7 Essential visions(Rs.130/bulb) without any modifications Dec last.just plug and play.I am happy with the high beam results.Now planning to switch to Philips extreme vision 55W for low beams.This way,the warranty is intact and get better illumination as well.
You are running 90w without any relay and on the stock plastic holder? Doesn't the holder heat up or are there issues with the electricals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
one of my friend bought Phillips rally 130/100 [& he borrowed Osram 130/90 bulbs also to see the performance]. He was looking for original 'Made in Germany' prod but didn't get them in B'lore. Now today he's buying Roots Lighting Harness. He would like to know, in Roots, whether only one type of harness is there or is there something heavy duty also. Since he's going to use 130/100, he just he wants take advises from the experienced here. Also, is there any other brand which is better than Roots? & shop/s name in B'lore which sell the originals.

Thanks,
Roots relay will work just fine, I used Hella relay (Made in India) on the Zen with 130/100 bulb and there were no issues, all your friend needs to ensure is that the holders are ceramic.

Last edited by motomaverick : 1st August 2012 at 13:15.
Old 1st August 2012, 13:15   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
You are running 90w without any relay and on the stock plastic holder? Doesn't the holder heat up or are there issues with the electricals?
None so far.And i have done 300km drives at night.You will need a relay only if you upgarde both high and low beams to higher wattage
Old 1st August 2012, 13:51   #6279
BANNED

Quote:
None so far.And i have done 300km drives at night.You will need a relay only if you upgrade both high and low beams to higher wattage
Beats me, since only the high or low beam are on at any given time, never both.
Old 1st August 2012, 23:00   #6280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Beats me, since only the high or low beam are on at any given time, never both.
Not exactly sir,When the high beam is on,the low beam is on as well.This is the case with Vista,manza,fiesta and most of the double barrel headlights as well.There might be exceptions
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:30   #6281
BANNED

Quote:
Not exactly sir,When the high beam is on,the low beam is on as well.This is the case with Vista,manza,fiesta and most of the double barrel headlights as well.There might be exceptions
I will check on my Civic and report back. At the moment I am with my local runabout - Santro.
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:45   #6282
Distinguished - BHPian

Both high and low beam bulbs are on when on High Beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
To the pro's here, how easy is it to convert a H8 bulb housing to a H11 or a HB3 setup ? Easy as DIY or needs a pro to work on it
H8 to H11 is usually a direct swap, but you have to slightly trim one of the locking tabs. Had earlier replaced the H8 fogs on a swift to H11 to improve wattage. Basically the shape and size were same. But one of the locking tabs was creating a fuss to go in. after reducing its width, it went inside easily. Not sure about HB3 but.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:49   #6283
BHPian

Hi motomaverick, thanks for the reply. He bought Roots harness with relay. First, one shop guy told him it seems 'stick to 100/90' & in another shop told 'he can use 130/100' & these are heavy duty harness. He got confused since both were looking same - gauge wise. I'm using custom made harness with dual (2) Interface relays & upgraded to 130/100 from 100/90 in my Swift. No probs, working fine. Are you using Phillips Rally or Osram?
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:39   #6284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
H8 to H11 is usually a direct swap, but you have to slightly trim one of the locking tabs. Had earlier replaced the H8 fogs on a swift to H11 to improve wattage. Basically the shape and size were same. But one of the locking tabs was creating a fuss to go in. after reducing its width, it went inside easily. Not sure about HB3 but.
I'm also looking to do the same on a Polo, replace the fogs with higher wattage bulbs.

Did you add a relay to the setup considering stock H8 bulb is 35w v/s 55w of the H11 bulbs ? The lock modification was a DIY or did you get it done through someone ?
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:15   #6285
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, the entire job was DIY. Was a cousins car.

Did not use a relay as the fog lamp already had a relay in place. Hence the prescence of another relay and a new wiring would have become messy and to find good holders for H8/11 is not an easy job.

The tab is made out of plastic and hence can be cut with a sharp cutter. You can trim it by small amounts until it finally fits.

If one is considering 130/100 with heavy use, I would suggest a custom made wiring harness. Call it an overkill,but still its playing safe. You can purchase your own wires, relay, holder, lugs and heatshrinks to fabricate a harness. However it might be difficult for newbies. For DIY enthusiasts it is fun.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd August 2012 at 17:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks