Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 00:49   #6751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
either you have bought a fake one.
well.. since you mention it, I think that could be possible. I'll look for the exact model number on the package and cross check with the website.

will post back afterwards.
Old 27th December 2012, 17:13   #6752
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello Rachit.K.Dogra

I have philips rally 100/90 with original philips relay in my swift zdi . There are no cuts in original wire loom and there is no harm to inner part of headlight assembly . Send me a PM , will let you know where to get it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hey guys. Need an urgent advice. Around exactly 1 year back I had put Osram nightbreakers in my Vento. I didnt find much of a difference in the light. They costed me 1300 for the pair. Today one of the bulbs low beam went bad. Now I am not sure what to do. I am not very keen on 100/90 because of relays and cutouts thing.

Please suggest me good bulbs with stock wattage or slightly more which will give me better light. I need to get them replaced tomorrow morning.

Do these things have some warranty?

I read in this thread that these things have less life? What is the average lifespan of these kind of bulbs? Mine this set lasted exactly an year.

Thanks in Advance
Rachit
Old 30th December 2012, 20:51   #6753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_enthu_da View Post
That said, they're selling the 100/90W bulbs in the market - and marked "legal".
Correction: I know the Philips 100/90w bulbs clearly carry the message that they are not intended for street use. I used them in my earlier Santro and while buying them for the first time, and then once when buying a replacement I checked the box which made it clear they were not intended for street use.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:46   #6754
Senior - BHPian

How easy is it to replace a high wattage bulb (100/90 kind) if it goes kaput in the middle of a highway trip with no help nearby?

Also, which of these is a better option?

1. Install a high-wattage setup (100/90w) and carry a spare pair at all times. This is alright till the time replacing the bulb is a 2 min job.

or

2. Get Hella's 500ff mounted on the bumper and keep the stock light assembly as it is.
Old 31st December 2012, 19:24   #6755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
1. Install a high-wattage setup (100/90w) and carry a spare pair at all times. This is alright till the time replacing the bulb is a 2 min job.
If you're previously experienced with changing the bulbs and you have the right tools (a screwdriver at the most), replacing a bulb can be done in 1-2 minutes. Easy as that.

Quote:
2. Get Hella's 500ff mounted on the bumper and keep the stock light assembly as it is.
I had Hella accessory lights fitted to my ikon's bumper. The lights powerfully illuminate a short range. I'd suggest you upgrade the headlamps instead.
Unfortunately, my lights hit the side of a pavement while parking one night. The glass shattered and the iron mount was ripped apart from the bumper.

Last edited by amitwiz1 : 31st December 2012 at 19:27.
Old 31st December 2012, 19:55   #6756
BHPian

Any idea where can I get hella lights in Chennai ? I am looking for auxiliary lights
Old 31st December 2012, 20:20   #6757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How easy is it to replace a high wattage bulb (100/90 kind) if it goes kaput in the middle of a highway trip with no help nearby?

It depends upon how easily the headlamps are accessible from behind. Some cars with cramped engine bay will be difficult to change. In my sx4, one side is a bit tricky due to the position of the battery. On the contrary, I can even put my head behind the bulb location in my wagonr(just to give an idea). So as long as you can reach the bulb, there is no problem.

From my experience, I haven't faced problems till date, though I did the install myself. Also, along with spare bulbs, carry a spare relay. So, in all, I have two spare 100/90 bulbs, a pair of 60/55 bulbs, and a spare relay tucked in the stepney well of my car. Worst case, you can easily roll back to 60/55 with stock holder itself and leave harness as it is.
Old 31st December 2012, 20:44   #6758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Any idea where can I get hella lights in Chennai ? I am looking for auxiliary lights
Check A K International on GP Road.. Phone - 9840022620. They'r one of the distributors for hella in chennai. Also check the website to find others, www.hella.co.in
Old 1st January 2013, 10:03   #6759
BANNED

Saw a video on youtube showing the poor quality of Xentec (which are DC and not AC).
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 13:08   #6760
BHPian

I bought a new pair of drl lights last week. I went through a few posts of members who have fitted DRLs but didn't find any who have done it right way.
I mean, it's does not work in sync with the head-lamp so that it goes off when headlamps are put on.
I checked some videos on youtube and it requires a relay which needs to be connected to the wiring of the car.

Can someone help me with procuring it? I searched on the internet and there are some chinese web-sites offering it.

I am from Pune and own a Swift (2009 model). Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st January 2013, 16:33   #6761
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between H4 12V 60/55W P43T and H4 12V 60/55W P45T?
Which of them is better in terms of light throw and illumination of road?
Old 1st January 2013, 17:14   #6762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
What is the difference between H4 12V 60/55W P43T and H4 12V 60/55W P45T?
Which of them is better in terms of light throw and illumination of road?
Apart from the obvious differences in bulb style, there are significant differences in the bases of the two models. The P45T bases are round with no tabs and 45 mm in diameter. The P43T bases are also round but have three protruding tabs and are only 43 mm in diameter.

P45T based bulbs have long been obsolete and are tricky to find and you will find them only in vintage / old models, whereas the P43T is contemporary.

The two bulbs would give the same illumination. This is the best I could say from my limited knowledge.

Last edited by Sommos : 1st January 2013 at 17:16.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:00   #6763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Rachit.K.Dogra

I have philips rally 100/90 with original philips relay in my swift zdi . There are no cuts in original wire loom and there is no harm to inner part of headlight assembly . Send me a PM , will let you know where to get it .
Hey man.

Thanks for the suggestion man. Actually I was in the middle of a road trip so didnt experiment much and went back to stock. I will definitely get in touch with you in the next meet to know more about this..

Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:17   #6764
BANNED

Now looking for good quality H11 HID kit - 2700K, Good quality AC Ballast, 35W with loom. Should need no wire cutting to install. Will prefer to get a spare bulb?
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:24   #6765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygeetee View Post
I bought a new pair of drl lights last week. I went through a few posts of members who have fitted DRLs but didn't find any who have done it right way.
I mean, it's does not work in sync with the head-lamp so that it goes off when headlamps are put on.
I checked some videos on Youtube and it requires a relay which needs to be connected to the wiring of the car.

Can someone help me with procuring it? I searched on the internet and there are some chinese web-sites offering it.

I am from Pune and own a Swift (2009 model). Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Hi senior members and experts,
Can I get some help with my earlier query please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks