Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 04:24   #346
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Rtech and tsk1979: Thank you very much for your inputs. I am sure that good Hella/Robert Bosch driving lights will really improve night driving visibility. So re-designing the plastic bumper cover seems unavoidable.
Ram
Guys, what do you think of this Bohemian Baleno bumper cover?

Old 8th May 2007, 08:40   #347
Team-BHP Support

Now those are real fogs ram, which will give you actual light rather than all show no go. But I guess sourcing that bumper will be difficult
Old 8th May 2007, 08:51   #348
Team-BHP Support

Ram, does this interest you. This is the set of lamps on Elf's Lancer. I got the pic from his gallery. If i remember correctly he was mentioning that these are his primary lights.

Old 8th May 2007, 09:17   #349
Team-BHP Support

Hi Ram,

If you have the money to spend on lights then I will recommend you to try and source Hella Rallye 1000 FF. The best lights I have ever seen. You get two options, one is the Euro beam which has a nice spread and one is the Pencil beam. Go for the Euro beams on your Baleno bumpers (they will need to be cut).

Edit: And hey, they are mighty expensive! I am doing rounds of chor bazaar each time to find myself a pair (Remember the fog horn?). A friend and a member here got one used lamp off a rally Pajero for 600 bucks.
Also try and look for Light Force lamps. They are good too.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2007 at 09:21.
Old 8th May 2007, 09:38   #350
Senior - BHPian

ram, if you get that baleno bumper order one for me also, we can share the cost.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:33   #351
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have 1 yr old Ford Ikon Flair and planning to check out having blue/white lighting with out any void to warranty.

Pls. suggest the best vailable options( exact Volts, Watts), cost for headlights, parking lights, fog lamps & reverse lights.

My perference is having white light effect and use mainly in City driving.

Possibly pls. let me dealers in Hyd for tyhe same.

Cheers!!!
Old 9th May 2007, 11:08   #352
Team-BHP Support

White light with 60/55W. Get Philips Bluevision. Intensity will be same as your stock, but whiter light.
Its the same spec as your stock bulb(Volts/Wattage) therefore will not effect your warranty.
Old 10th May 2007, 10:24   #353
BHPian

Thanks, tsk,

coud u through a ball park pricing and the points on fixing will be normal plug n play or some wiring /cabling to be done?.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:06   #354
Team-BHP Support

just plug and play. wiring will need to be done if you want to go in for higher wattage bulbs.
Old 10th May 2007, 12:38   #355
BHPian

Sounds good and any suggestion for similar colored reverse lights?

Hope these set of blue vision would have parking,high, low beams?
Old 10th May 2007, 14:20   #356
Team-BHP Support

Blue vision has parking lights too for same color. Around 120-150/pair.
Old 11th May 2007, 12:32   #357
BHPian

driving lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Now those are real fogs ram, which will give you actual light rather than all show no go. But I guess sourcing that bumper will be difficult
I have Hella FF 200 on my OHC. Standalone mounting with no bumper mods.

They are Euro driving beams and have fairly long throw. I mounted and aimed them low and is a very good aid for night driving on highways.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 11th May 2007, 13:08   #358
Senior - BHPian

GUYS!! Please confirm the foglamps config for swift

H4 (single) for High/Low
Hx for fogs?

My friend is purchasing the HID kit and does not know what the fog specs are, no owners manual to refer either.

Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere
Old 11th May 2007, 13:24   #359
Team-BHP Support

Usually its H3 or H7, take out the bulb and see, or just go to any accessory shop and see the bulbs?
Old 12th May 2007, 16:17   #360
Senior - BHPian

Electricals gone for a toss

My Sierra is dead.

I've been driving it around for quite a while now without headlights, they used to brighten up beyond normal and blow, thus causing me to replace over half a dozen expensive bulb pairs. So I had given up and have been driving with the fog lamps that I have embedded into the front bumper of the car.

Yesterday, there were some more surges that sent all the electricals for a toss. In the afternoon, it was slow to start on a couple of occasions, usually the Optima yellow top cranks it in a jiffy. I was surprised that the battery seemed to be draining. Anyway, since I was far from home, I was happy the car started, and just headed homewards. A while later, I first heard a loud pop from the rear of the car. I couldnt identify what it was but I think the aftermarket brake light bulbs or LEDs whatever, popped it. Next, when I gave an indicator to turn left, the indicator bulb in the odo flashed once very very brightly and perished. I turned on the parking light, that also glowed atleast twice as bright as normal. I switched it off, and while the car was in motion, switched the engine off and tried to crank it. Nothing. So I shifted back into gear and started the car since the car was in motion. Once I stopped outside my house with the engine still running, the windows rolled up at double speed. After switching off the ignition and getting out of the car, I realized that the security system would not work, or perform a central lock. Tried cranking again, but just the red lights come on, but not a whisper from the starter.

Ishan suspects an overcharging alternator to be the problem, seems like it to me too. Now I dont know what to do, since if I use another battery, the car will start, but probably wreck the new battery by the time I get to the garage also. On the other hand, I dont know what else is left to be destroyed by the alternator that may happen once the car starts. Can anyone suggest a plan of action hereonwards? Does anyone know exactly what may cause the alternator to overcharge? I would guess it has something to do with the rectifier circuit or something. Any precautions for the future? I was damn lucky I had just removed some test audio gear from the car, otherwise it would have been far more devastating.

Edit: I realize this is a lighting thread, but I couldnt find an electricals section as such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks