Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 21:50   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
From what I've read, there are fake SJ's floating around and some units just stop working after a couple of months.

Please help to decide. I plan to make a purhase in the next couple of days.

P.S. I will not be doing any post processing of the video's.
If you're ordering from amazon.com in the US then get it from a reliable seller preferably fulfilled by amazon. YOu won't a fake unit.
Old 18th November 2014, 18:13   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. GoPro Hero 3 White - US $ 199.99
2. GoPro Hero - US $ 129.99
Between these two, i think the latter makes more sense, and my guess is that it will output better quality video than the H3White too.

Note that it also comes with a MUCH bigger battery than any other GoPro.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 18:37   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Between these two, i think the latter makes more sense, and my guess is that it will output better quality video than the H3White too.

Note that it also comes with a MUCH bigger battery than any other GoPro.

cya
R
Thanks, Rehaan. What is your opinion on the SJ4000 over the basic GoPro Hero?
Old 18th November 2014, 18:40   #184
Team-BHP Support

Sorry, I've never used or even looked at the SJ4000 closely.

cya
R
Old 19th November 2014, 10:03   #185
Senior - BHPian

My B-I-L is coming down next month from the US so have asked him to bring an SJ4000 WiFi for me along with a couple of spare batteries.

With extra batteries, extra battery charger, memory cards, all mounts included in original packaging, the cost comes to around 12k on Amazon. May get some discounts for Black Friday or Thanksgiving.

Read up on a few reviews and checked out some video's and the GoPro is only marginally better in quality compared to the SJ4000.

One major factor that prompted me towards the SJ is that the basic GoPro Hero ($129) comes with the plastic waterproof case as part of the camera (cannot separate the camera and the case). In case the case mounting brackets or the case itself breaks, the unit cannot be used as intended. Found this absolutely weird since it is intended to be used as a sport action camera.

Will post a review when the product reaches me next month.
Old 19th November 2014, 10:29   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My B-I-L is coming down next month from the US so have asked him to bring an SJ4000 WiFi for me along with a couple of spare batteries.

With extra batteries, extra battery charger, memory cards, all mounts included in original packaging, the cost comes to around 12k on Amazon. May get some discounts for Black Friday or Thanksgiving.

Read up on a few reviews and checked out some video's and the GoPro is only marginally better in quality compared to the SJ4000.

One major factor that prompted me towards the SJ is that the basic GoPro Hero ($129) comes with the plastic waterproof case as part of the camera (cannot separate the camera and the case). In case the case mounting brackets or the case itself breaks, the unit cannot be used as intended. Found this absolutely weird since it is intended to be used as a sport action camera.

Will post a review when the product reaches me next month.
I recently sourced a SJ4000 via Amazon US (Not the wifi version). Quite impressed with it so far. Sample video link below. 2nd half is a rainy night time highway clip(720p)

The SJ4000 does not come with a car mount as part of the mount accessories. Needs to be purchased additionally. Assume you have considered that if you plan to use it as a car dashcam.

Just to add, there is an X-Torque shop in HSR Layout that stocked the SJ4000 for Rs 9999. They may have stock in case you want to check it out in person. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/X-Tor...31728193680665)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th November 2014 at 10:52. Reason: Additional Content
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 10:41   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I recently sourced a SJ4000 via Amazon US (Not the wifi version). Quite impressed with it so far. Sample video link below. 2nd half is a rainy night time highway clip(720p). The SJ4000 does not come with a car mount as part of the mount accessories. Needs to be purchased additionally. Assume you have considered that if you plan to use it as a car dashcam.
Actually, SJ group stopped providing car mounts for most action cams now. It costs 4-5$ to purchase mount and charger, but its a headache.
Ordered the ultra new M10 to replace my SJ1000(which was the victim of unfortunate action). Lets see how it is. Will post a detailed review. I am hoping SJ will improve the bright dark issues of SJ4000 (Adapting from bright to dark is slow, and camera tends to under expose a bit)

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th November 2014 at 10:13. Reason: quoted video link removed
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 10:50   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Actually, SJ group stopped providing car mounts for most action cams now. It costs 4-5$ to purchase mount and charger, but its a headache.
Ordered the ultra new M10 to replace my SJ1000(which was the victim of unfortunate action). Lets see how it is. Will post a detailed review. I am hoping SJ will improve the bright dark issues of SJ4000 (Adapting from bright to dark is slow, and camera tends to under expose a bit)
Agree. I ordered the car mount additionally from Amazon and the person forgot to bring it. It was part of the same amazon package and was missed.

Thanks for the point on under exposure. Was very obvious in this clip (3:10-4:00)

OT: Thanks for your detailed review thread on SJ1000. That's when I realized about dashcams
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:54   #189
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I am planning to buy a gopro camera but its working out to be expensive at 300$+. Any cheap options?
Have a look at SJ4000.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Have a look at SJ4000.
I checked videos on youtube shot using SJ4000 and quality looks decent. Have ordered one. Thanks man_of_steel.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:51   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked videos on Youtube shot using SJ4000 and quality looks decent. Have ordered one. Thanks man_of_steel.
Yep. Pretty decent quality for its price. Please post a review when you get it.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:07   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I checked videos on Youtube shot using SJ4000 and quality looks decent. Have ordered one. Thanks man_of_steel.
Did you compare it against the cheaper GoPro HERO? If so what made you chose SJ4000 over it. I know I could google it but I am just being lazy

Also, can you please let me know the source and cost of the engine guards? I PM'd you about that but didnt get a response.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:18   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Did you compare it against the cheaper GoPro HERO? If so what made you chose SJ4000 over it. I know I could google it but I am just being lazy
Yes i did compare it with Gopro Hero. Gopro hero has following advantages:
* Has more wide angle view.
* Has marginally better video quality
* Has more recording time like 1.5 to 2.5 Hours
* Original packing does not come with helmet mount (i guess so)
* Images are more clear and again wide angle view.
* Also sound quality is better than SJ4000

SJ4000:
* Does not have a very wide angle view.
* Video recording time is 45 minutes & biggest draw back is if battery dies then videos are not auto saved. But you do get 2 batteries in package.
* FHD video quality is decent.
* I could not make out much difference between SJ4000 & Go Pro Hero video.

I have DSLR with multiple lense, FHD Handycam and slim digi camera. So i wanted to buy a motorcycle camera just to record videos when i am riding bike and i find SJ4000 to be a good option.

Quote:
Also, can you please let me know the source and cost of the engine guards? I PM'd you about that but didnt get a response.
Have already PMed you few days ago on xbhp.

Last edited by djay99 : 25th November 2014 at 17:19. Reason: Corrected FDH to FHD
Old 26th November 2014, 10:12   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Ashu, I've asked my BIL to get the SJ4000 for me and as djay has mentioned, GoPro is marginally better but did not make sense looking at the price difference.

Deal breaker post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3583750
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 12:25   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i did compare it with Gopro Hero. Gopro hero has following advantages:

* Original packing does not come with helmet mount (i guess so)
Original packing comes with two mounts, one is for helmet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks