Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:09   #736
Senior - BHPian

Day 3- A solid run of freeway as I came back from work. Decided to take a small detour and test the highway.

The bike does 90 comfortably and has so much power ready to deliver with a twist of the throttle.

The sixth gear is fantastic and a blessing for touring.

Minuses- wind is a definite minus where at above 100-110 it gets difficult.

Uneven roads transmit too much of uneasiness even at 80-90kmph. Compared to a bull.....a bull would not feel that uneasy on bumpy roads.

The bike is brilliant for touring. With some slight adjustment to handle bars we can tour for hours.

I can say that I feel like riding a bull that can turn into a raging bull any minute you use the throttle

Total kms one - 186
VW2010 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 10:54   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quotation from KTM, Adyar. Plan to pay today. Hope the bike will be delivered by next weekend.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-image3934871939.jpg
Old 4th October 2013, 11:35   #738
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Does anybody have a KTM customer service contact information?

BTM KTM manager just mailed me saying that since the check was not presented until yesterday, he has not got the money & hence the bike will only be delivered tomorrow. I gave the check at 9:30 AM on Monday. Why he was sleeping on it till yesterday I do no understand.

I am mad enough to cancel the booking for the stupid bike. Will buy later after the initial rush is gone from a proper dealer instead of a franchisee.

PS: I know it is one day but I am pissed!
Old 4th October 2013, 11:49   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Does anybody have a KTM customer service contact information?

BTM KTM manager just mailed me saying that since the check was not presented until yesterday, he has not got the money & hence the bike will only be delivered tomorrow. I gave the check at 9:30 AM on Monday. Why he was sleeping on it till yesterday I do no understand.

I am mad enough to cancel the booking for the stupid bike. Will buy later after the initial rush is gone from a proper dealer instead of a franchisee.

Don't let morons make you miss an exciting moment of your life. Let it go. Enjoy the ride and give us a review :-)
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 11:59   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just let it slide Sridhu. I have already put close to 200kms in the bike in 3 days. Not bad considering i didnt even have to ride 5kms to work yesterday and still did 60 odd kms.

Get it tomorrow, and you can actually take it out being saturday.

An update on HEAT:-

- Heat is an issue only when riding between 0-15kmph.

Stationary bike has no issues with heating. The radiator fans are taking the heat out effectively.

At speeds above 20-25 there is no issues.

At 0-20 the fan is reversed from stationary which means heat is thrown towards the rider. The seat is still hard and continues to give soreness.

The bike has good fuel efficiency. Consider this as a compliment for i get lower mileage in my 500 . My guess is around 28-30kmpl.

Without the rear hugger on a rainy day, the rear suspension got messy today. I am going to test it with the rear hugger and probably hop it on if its a rainy day.

Being in chennai, may be i will have it on for the next couple of months and remove it once the rainy seaon(hehehe) ends.
VW2010 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 12:26   #741
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks. Settled down now. Dont really care when the bike arrives, but ...

Basically, what irritated me is the cavalier, "dont care what commitment I made" attitude. The so called manager actually hung up on me when we were talking. (I say hung up because he has not called back yet)

Anyways ...
Old 4th October 2013, 13:29   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Basically, what irritated me is the cavalier, "dont care what commitment I made" attitude. The so called manager actually hung up on me when we were talking. (I say hung up because he has not called back yet)

Anyways ...
First take the bike, be happy and then make him unhappy. Some people sadly dont know professional behaviour, they only know sales.
Old 4th October 2013, 13:40   #743
BHPian

Quote:
At least you are getting a bike, there are hundreds in the queue who have no insights into when they might get lucky. My two cents: 'Ride it like you stole it.'
Old 4th October 2013, 13:57   #744
Senior - BHPian

This may seem like good news to the folks who have been waiting for the 390 deliveries

Bajaj plant strike ends

Old 4th October 2013, 16:45   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
This may seem like good news to the folks who have been waiting for the 390 deliveries Bajaj plant strike ends
Errr report mentions 14th august so they have had over a month and a half to get things rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Noticed that "first published" date as Aug. and I had not heard of anything (or may have missed it in the regular news) about the strike ending. So thought of posting it out here for the benefit of all. If this is stale news and everyone knew about this - I request mods to delete the post.
No worries Shubz, I guess we all are really wanting this to be sorted so our biker brethren get the bikes ASAP. I also just went by date so no clue about actual/current scenario.

Last edited by sammyboy : 4th October 2013 at 17:00.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:54   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Errr report mentions 14th august so they have had over a month and a half to get things rolling
Noticed that "first published" date as Aug. and I had not heard of anything (or may have missed it in the regular news) about the strike ending. So thought of posting it out here for the benefit of all.

If this is stale news and everyone knew about this - I request mods to delete the post.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:00   #747
BHPian

Coming back from yet another test drive at Langford KTM. Guys there as usual are ultra professional. I wanted missus to experience the thrill of Duke and rightly so, she held on for her dear life. Both of us managed to come back in one piece.
The good news is that I am making the full payment on Monday and getting the bike in a weeks time. Booking No. 24 at Langford. A big lot of close to 60 bikes expected soon and my bike is surely in this lot.

Finally, some good news.
Old 4th October 2013, 18:47   #748
Senior - BHPian

An hour back, i got a call from KTM Indiranagar and guess what? i missed the call :O Cos i had put the phone on silent and was watching Besharam

Called them back and a lady answered saying the call could be related to the deliveries, and the manager would get in touch with me.

I am going out of town and will be back on the 22nd. Will they hold a bike for me till 22nd? should i just let this lot pass, and wait for my bike from the next lot? After waiting for close to 100 days for the bike, i hate being is my present situation. :(
Old 4th October 2013, 19:26   #749
BHPian

This ain't gonna be a popular post considering the spate of 'delivery date missed/unknown' posts around..
But, I got a call from Mekhri KTM today and just finished paying the remainder of the money for the bike and have been informed that my Duchess would be home next week !

IMO, Mekhri may have kept me in the dark about the TD, expected delivery date etc.
But boy have they kept up the 90 day promise !

Fingers crossed !

P.S: Time to file some leaves next week. A couple of friends getting married perhaps?

Last edited by MavericK46 : 4th October 2013 at 19:27. Reason: Typograficak errours
Old 4th October 2013, 23:08   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanthoshK View Post
Trivandrum folks, any information from the dealer on the delivery date? As of now they have no clue on by what date they will get the bikes. Anyone has any different info?
As per the dealer, the first lot will contain about six bikes and will hit the showroom before 10 of this month. Firstly, I got informed that deliveries will start from September last week. Then the recall popped up and now its going to happen this month. I think we will get our bikes only by mid or end of the month.
junaid12345678 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed