Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 01:24   #586
BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

The forums gone all quiet suddenly, guys any news on new deliveries in any city. Mumbai is still stuck at 2 till date. Not even a peep from the store here plus the test rides have been allowed only in the mall now. Simply no joy at all!
Old 11th September 2013, 08:15   #587
Senior - BHPian

People has resigned to the fact, they wont get their bike till late september or early october. Given that i guess post october 5th is a good time to get the bike for those auspicious ones .

If i am KTM/Bajaj i would atleast give the interest back to the customer.

This is complete stealing and i wish someone has lots of waste time and money to sue them for holding customer money without interest.
Old 11th September 2013, 08:51   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
People has resigned to the fact, they wont get their bike till late september or early october. Given that i guess post october 5th is a good time to get the bike for those auspicious ones .

If i am KTM/Bajaj i would atleast give the interest back to the customer.

This is complete stealing and i wish someone has lots of waste time and money to sue them for holding customer money without interest.
True that! I would be fine waiting until 5th October. Rains would have subsided by then.

Regarding interest, aren't they supposed to pay up for a period beyond 90 days? I do not have my booking receipt with me right now, so unable to confirm this.
Old 11th September 2013, 14:29   #589
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

similar situation!

booked on the launch day at Bangalore.
going hometown in the 1st week of October, for about 3 weeks.

not sure if i should go ahead with purchase if i get the bike around sept end or early October, as the new bike will be lying idle while i am away. seems like a better idea to wait till i return. I had very unpleasant experience with my first lot C5, hoping october end delivery will get me a piece from the 2nd or 3rd lot.

Unless they temp by calling in the next 10 days for delivery.
Old 11th September 2013, 23:37   #590
BHPian

Inquired at the Pune KTM... 2nd lot not yet received. Just the 5 bikes they delivered last month. The wait is killing my patience.
I think they will hit the entire 90 day waiting period for the bikes. Am very disappointed with Bajaj about this unnecessary delay.
Bazinga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 13:42   #591
Senior - BHPian

Any news of delivery in Chennai.

I have been calling KTM store almost everyday and they have been replying the same.
Yesterday they told that the first consignment will be coming today Night.
Delivery starts from next week mostly.

Please check and post the news.
Old 14th September 2013, 14:26   #592
Senior - BHPian

Just got an update from KTM store.

Only 8 bikes will be coming to Chennai in the first lot and reached chennai tomorrow.
Remaining will be coming next month only, end of October.
Old 14th September 2013, 15:36   #593
BHPian

Pune Bund Garden KTM has received second lot of 5 bikes only but haven't delivered them as yet. Fresh lots shall be received weekly but have no idea about the no. of bikes in each lot. So the waiting game continues
Old 14th September 2013, 18:49   #594
Senior - BHPian

As aks said chennai has got 8. 5 in adyar. The next lot would be around first week of October. The waiting continues. But took another test drive. This bike has an Ussain Bolt inside. The bike does 20-25 kmph in 3rd gear quite happily. I am 6'1 and the bike fits beautifully for me and I am waiting to lay my hands on this little beauty.
Old 14th September 2013, 21:02   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
As aks said chennai has got 8. 5 in adyar. The next lot would be around first week of October. The waiting continues. But took another test drive. This bike has an Ussain Bolt inside. The bike does 20-25 kmph in 3rd gear quite happily. I am 6'1 and the bike fits beautifully for me and I am waiting to lay my hands on this little beauty.
Do you know about other 3 bikes. Whether it goes to Mugaiper or Soliyur Store.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:27   #596
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to test ride the bike, thanks to KTM Marthahalli. THey actually brought the bike home. Got a decent (5-6 km) ride alone & managed to give joy rides to the wife & the kids.

ALL LOVED IT!

My impression - you can potter around but the bike loves to be whipped. It just takes off like a scalded cat. Dont see myself commuting with it but will be a hoot on the NHs & twisties.

Pillion CANNOT sit without hugging the rider. They will fall off!

The dial required getting used to - never registered the rpm until very late in the ride.

Horn & lights need upgrade. Seriously deficient.

Did not carve any corners or do any panic braking. So cant comment on the brakes or grip.

Handle bar is wide. For old fogies like me, it takes getting used to - newly discovered muscles pain!

On a slightly negative note - I thought it will blow out the Bullet TBTS. It does not. The TBTS is still a good ride. (The Classic 500 is better). But I think the Duke still wins - only not by as much of a margin as I thought.

What I loved - the rapier-sabre nature of the bike. Can be ridden with finesse or raw power. In that, it reminded me of the RD 350. Hence will buy it! (And I have my wife's permission to say so!)

Aside: Apparently the dealer was supposed to give an orange token at the time of booking that tells your sequence number. I did not get any thing like that at BTM KTM. My receipt # is 619 and that evidently makes me # 16. As per the dealer, the booking started from 598, with 5 cancellations until now. Other folks please confirm, if you can, based on your receipt #. (This is the # at the beginning of the receipt).

BTM has received 5 bikes today & since Sriram has received his bike, upto #6 (receipt # 603) should have got intimations for picking up the bike today.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 02:55   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know about other 3 bikes. Whether it goes to Mugaiper or Soliyur Store.
My guess is they got 8, 3 goes to Mogappair and 5 in adyar. The selaiyur one opened quite late after KTM bookings openend. Honestly there are more bookings before this shop opened and Selayur should get none per booking dates. But you never know.

I wish all the guys ahead of me cancels for some reason and i get mine
Old 16th September 2013, 16:52   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
BTM has received 5 bikes today & since Sriram has received his bike, upto #6 (receipt # 603) should have got intimations for picking up the bike today.
#603 is my receipt and I did not receive any intimation, called them this morning and closed all the paperwork. Now waiting for the reg and delivery.

Had a test ride today again and am glad that I waited, got a chance to check out the bike due to me at the showroom too.

Was told the new bike has a change to the fan to reduce the heating effects, let's see.

Last edited by Psycho : 16th September 2013 at 16:53.
Psycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 17:24   #599
BHPian

Test rode the D390 yesterday.

The D390 is pure fun bike, lots of power across the gears and the handling is much better than D200.
Brakes are excellent and one of the key feature of the bike.

The bike doesnt hesitate a bit in any of the gears to leap forward and felt very light while riding.
I didnt feel any heating issues as many have been cribbing about in other forums across.

There is very much noticable difference between the D200 and D390 right from the word go, ofcourse D390 has bigger block but KTM has got the maps right - intial and mids range is pure fun.

One can putter around in the city on this bike and then just choose to race with the blink of an eye.

Last edited by invincible7 : 16th September 2013 at 17:31.
Old 16th September 2013, 20:03   #600
Senior - BHPian

Been to the BTM KTM with a friend who has booked there. Only answer to the expected date of delivery was "Once we get the bike we will call and confirm. You can come down for the formalities at that time. We dont know when the deliveries will happen." So much for the customer satisfaction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks