Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 18:11   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
a received mail from KTM indiranagar today
At least some encouraging news. But they are way behind schedule. Hope KTM starts delivering bikes soon. My 90 days end on 9th oct and I'm willing to wait till the end of oct. If it spills beyond that I would definitely have to consider other options.

I know its a great bike and the only bike at this price point that interests me, but whats the point being a great bike if they dont deliver the bike at all!!
Old 25th September 2013, 18:35   #677
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
I had shown interest in fiance
Lol. Are you sure you had shown interest on a fiance
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 20:14   #678
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Lol. Are you sure you had shown interest on a fiance
haha.. i knew that was coming from someone..

on a lighter note- this booking period is somewhat like an engagement, bike being fiance, bajaj acting as in-law and the dealer being the matchmaker for whom auspicious time starts from mid october.

now someone please get me married! again.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 14:15   #679
BHPian

Quote:
its a small town called Ara, in Bihar and i doubt if i can do that in my 7 yrs old alto.
Aah, tough luck then! but if Alto is in good condition

Quote:
haha.. i knew that was coming from someone..

on a lighter note- this booking period is somewhat like an engagement, bike being fiance, bajaj acting as in-law and the dealer being the matchmaker for whom auspicious time starts from mid october.

now someone please get me married! again.
Arrey bhai ek baar se lesson learn nahin kiya? Dusrey bar marney nikle !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
At least some encouraging news. But they are way behind schedule. Hope KTM starts delivering bikes soon. My 90 days end on 9th oct and I'm willing to wait till the end of oct. If it spills beyond that I would definitely have to consider other options.

I know its a great bike and the only bike at this price point that interests me, but whats the point being a great bike if they dont deliver the bike at all!!

So apparently next lot is on the way to Bangalore. Lot sizes to be doubled at the very least from first week of October. I suppose even KTM realize that we can't wait for ever. Windfall from exchange rate or not. Besides it looks like the Rupee is evening out to 63-64 for the not-so-short term for now.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 15:38   #680
Senior - BHPian

After my enquiry, BTM KTM is saying I can 'expect' delivery next week. Lessee!

@Sriram & other current owners: Did you check out/ install any of the accessories? Any opinion?
Old 27th September 2013, 16:33   #681
BHPian

For people who have waited beyond the committed 90 days and still have no clue as to when even the deliveries are slated to start, can post on KTM's facebook page. Atleast then we can probably expect a definitive answer. And by deliveries I mean proper delivery numbers, not the piddly 5 or 6 bikes delivered, when you have an outstanding order book of around 500 odd. This waiting forever wont work. Bajaj KTM needs to come out with clear timelines within which they'll fulfill their commitment. Its the least expected from a company like Bajaj.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:41   #682
Senior - BHPian

NDTV's opinion of the 390:

Nothing really new. Loved the Porsche reference.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:49   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
After my enquiry, BTM KTM is saying I can 'expect' delivery next week. Lessee!

@Sriram & other current owners: Did you check out/ install any of the accessories? Any opinion?
That's good news, sridhu! Btw, I haven't tried any of the accessories. Lying low because the bike was a big expense

I need to reinvest in a good set of gear since my older ones are beyond usable stage.

I am keen to get an akrapovic exhaust, levers (I love the colored ones), frame sliders in that order
Old 28th September 2013, 17:38   #684
Senior - BHPian

Finally; received a call from KTM Indiranagar to come by with all the documents for the bike. Today marks 92 days from booking day. My booking number was 14. I have given the dealer everything they need except the money :-). Bike should land up at the showroom tomorrow, registration on Monday, delivery on Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday is a calender holiday in Karnataka. I've not pushed the dealer for a Tuesday delivery. Told them to take their time if they need.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th September 2013 at 17:44. Reason: Mentioned booking number
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 17:42   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Finally; received a call from KTM Indiranagar to come by with all the documents for the bike. Today marks 92 days from booking day. I have given the dealer everything they need except the money :-). Bike should land up at the showroom tomorrow, registration on Monday, delivery on Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday is a calender holiday in Karnataka. I've not pushed the dealer for a Tuesday delivery. Told them to take their time if they need.
Congratulations Sandeep! I'm 2 away from you, maybe next lot :-)

Last edited by imp! : 28th September 2013 at 17:49.
Old 28th September 2013, 18:34   #686
Senior - BHPian

The BTM KTM guy said that the bike is coming on Monday & can be delivered by Friday. wants me to pay the full amount on Monday.

Is this normal for KTM? Skeptical about paying before bike is ready.

What do I have to watch out for?
What do I need to check at the time of delivery?
Old 28th September 2013, 19:49   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this normal for KTM? Skeptical about paying before bike is ready.
Nothing to worry. Just go ahead and pay them. They are not going to get your bike till the full money is paid. Also they are calling you once they are sure there is a bike that can be given to you.

Good luck and delivery is getting closer to most of us here..

How many from Chennai are in line...may be we should start a chennai KTM390 group
Old 28th September 2013, 21:03   #688
Senior - BHPian

KTM Adyar Manager promised me to give bike before Oct 6. I have booked in KTM Mogapiar too. So I get my bike by next week for sure.
Old 29th September 2013, 08:11   #689
Senior - BHPian

Doc has recommended that I use gloves/ riding pants & boots. Any recommendations? More importantly, since choice would be limited by what is available, any tips on how to buy these things? What should I look for / what should I avoid kind of thing.

I personally dont like synthetic leather (prefer real) but does that work for motorbike riding equipment?
Old 29th September 2013, 10:30   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Doc has recommended that I use gloves/ riding pants & boots. Any recommendations? More importantly, since choice would be limited by what is available, any tips on how to buy these things? What should I look for / what should I avoid kind of thing.

I personally dont like synthetic leather (prefer real) but does that work for motorbike riding equipment?
You can check out the motor cycle gear thread. I personally have a pair of full gauntlet alpine star gloves but have not used them yet since I'm waiting for my bike. Biking Spirit and Lets Gear Up are both good gear shops.

AGV and Spartan pants are readily available here. Gloves have more options. It all comes down to budget. I trust you are using a good jacket with ce/en certified protectors?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks