Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 23:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
My query is regarding Jupiter tyres.

I have a 2018 Jupiter Classic for which I want to change tyres.

Can experts please let me know the pros and cons?

Thanks.
If you have been using TVS tyres that came with the scooter, you'll notice big improvement by just changing to MRFs. It's incomparable. Mine used to skid even in the initial days after buying. MRF ones have been working great on any sort of road conditions be it dry or wet.
I have been riding on them for a year now and braking, ride quality, both have improved.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 09:54   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have a 2018 Jupiter Classic for which I want to change tyres. The stock tyre size is 90/90/R12 both front and rear. I find the stock tyre size low on grip and thereby confidence.

I would like to upgrade to the Ntorq tyres which is 100/80/R12 front and 110/80/R12 rear.
Jupiter rim is narrower than NTroq rim. Hence the 100/80/12 will not fit the Jupiter rim.

I would suggest the Apollo tyres or ceat tyres. The stock TVS tyres are crap. The MRF ones are better than TVS but Apollo and ceat are much better in terms of wet and dry grip
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 15:38   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Jupiter rim is narrower than NTroq rim. Hence the 100/80/12 will not fit the Jupiter rim.

I would suggest the Apollo tyres or ceat tyres. The stock TVS tyres are crap. The MRF ones are better than TVS but Apollo and ceat are much better in terms of wet and dry grip
Thanks.

The urge to upsize started after seeing the below video wherein the chap has upsized the rear tyre to 130/70/R12. Hence I thought upsizing to Ntorq size would be possible.

When I contacted the nearest MRF store, he told that the Ntorq tyres are available but he will not install on a Jupiter since if it does not fit he will not take the tyre back.

I guess it's safe to stick to stock size for now.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 14th July 2022 at 15:42.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 15:43   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

The reason I thought of upsizing was after seeing the below video wherein the chap has upsized the rear tyre to 130/70/R12. Hence I thought upsizing to Ntorq size would be possible.

https://Youtu.be/ncXpnvtD2dM
You have to consider rim width as well when you want to upsize, wider tyres on narrow rim will cause the tyres to take a round profile and will affect the grip and handling characteristics of the tyre.

I suggest, stick to stock tyre size. For a scooter like Jupiter, wider tyres will not provide any benefits
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 16:06   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
wider tyres on narrow rim will cause the tyres to take a round profile
You are right. In the same video, the chap says that even though he has upsized, the front tyre does not look like a 120 profile.
Thanks, I will heed BhPians advise and retain stock size.
Old 19th November 2022, 12:32   #186
BHPian

I own a 2013 TVS Jupiter (first generation or when it was just launched). It doesn't have the Synchronised Braking System which the latter generations come with. Is there any way to upgrade to the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks