Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 19:03   #166
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter or something else?

Dear Srini,
Thanks for your quick response. During first incidence, I changed the sparkplug. But still it was not starting, though old plugf was clean & good.
when kick starting I dont see any hard resistance or restraint
Old 17th February 2021, 19:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
I am terribly confused and really look forward to some trouble shooting from experts in this Forum.
1- Did you try opening the Fuel tank lid and closing, maybe there is an airlock that's happening and choking the engine from getting the fuel.
2- Does the scooter have a side stand engine cut off switch, pardon my poor knowledge on scooters, asking since my Activa 125 has one.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
1- Did you try opening the Fuel tank lid and closing, maybe there is an airlock that's happening and choking the engine from getting the fuel.
2- Does the scooter have a side stand engine cut off switch, pardon my poor knowledge on scooters, asking since my Activa 125 has one.
Thanks for the response.
Yes one of my good friend(Somnath) told me the same, i.e. open the fuel lid & close it. That did not work too.
side stand - no such switch wired to to ignition etc.
Old 17th February 2021, 21:06   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Yes one of my good friend(Somnath) told me the same, i.e. open the fuel lid & close it. That did not work too.
side stand - no such switch wired to to ignition etc.
Further-
While kicking- Do you feel the kicker going down freely or
While using the starter- Do you "Hear" the starter sounding as if it is turning freely?
Old 17th February 2021, 21:23   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Further-
While kicking- Do you feel the kicker going down freely or
While using the starter- Do you "Hear" the starter sounding as if it is turning freely?
During Kick Start, Kicker is normal, neither to hard nor too free. Its the same as it was in new scooter.
Starter sounds is also normal. yes due to this problem, the battery drained and starting was somewhat different; but after charging the battery, it is now sounding normal
Thanks for you response.
I was suspecting some electrical wiring issue or some other issue but TVS dealer says, if that being the case, the system shouldnt be running at all.
Old 18th February 2021, 11:47   #171
BHPian

Quote:
During Kick Start, Kicker is normal, neither to hard nor too free. Its the same as it was in new scooter.
Starter sounds is also normal. yes due to this problem, the battery drained and starting was somewhat different; but after charging the battery, it is now sounding normal
Thanks for you response.
I was suspecting some electrical wiring issue or some other issue but TVS dealer says, if that being the case, the system shouldnt be running at all.
Battery drain indicates a leak in the circuit. So i would check the entire circuit including the connectors for any kind of shorting or grounding. The carb of the Jupiter has an over throttle protection switch. If that switch is open then the connection between the ignition coils and the plug is broken and there would be no ignition.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:02   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Battery drain indicates a leak in the circuit. So i would check the entire circuit including the connectors for any kind of shorting or grounding. The carb of the Jupiter has an over throttle protection switch. If that switch is open then the connection between the ignition coils and the plug is broken and there would be no ignition.
OK Thanks Srini, I will figure out on these leads and will keep you posted with outcome. thanks vel
Old 18th February 2021, 14:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
OK Thanks Srini, I will figure out on these leads and will keep you posted with outcome. thanks vel
I am not sure if your vehicle has a led light inside the under seat storage area. If so please check if it is on, even when you close the seat. I verified my wife's Zest by placing mobile with camera running inside and found that led does not goes off even after seat is firmly closed. So removed the led light and now everything is good.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:25   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
I am not sure if your vehicle has a led light inside the under seat storage area. If so please check if it is on, even when you close the seat. I verified my wife's Zest by placing mobile with camera running inside and found that led does not goes off even after seat is firmly closed. So removed the led light and now everything is good.
Negative. No such LED lights are installed below the seat.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:29   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Negative. No such LED lights are installed below the seat.
Maybe the tappet clearance is not within spec. Could you ask the service guys to check and adjust the tappets?

In my opinion, this is not an electrical/voltage drop related problem. More to do with the something going out of spec on heating and returning to spec on cooling.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th February 2021 at 14:31.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:36   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Maybe the tappet clearance is not within spec. Could you ask the service guys to check and adjust the tappets?

In my opinion, this is not an electrical/voltage drop related problem. More to do with the something going out of spec on heating and returning to spec on cooling.
Noted. Thanks. Will check this out as well.
Old 4th April 2021, 16:51   #177
BHPian

Hello. I ride a 2013 TVS Jupiter and my in-laws have a 2019 TVS Jupiter. After riding their scooter, I felt it to be twitchy/unstable in the handling department. It is something like when I am riding in a straight line, the scooter doesn't go in a straight line and I have to constantly give small corrections to keep going in a straight line. Can there be any particular reason for this or something which needs to be checked. My wife also feels the same when riding the newer Jupiter.
Old 4th April 2021, 17:24   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
It is something like when I am riding in a straight line, the scooter doesn't go in a straight line and I have to constantly give small corrections to keep going in a straight line.
Could this be related to alignment by any chance? I have observed slight misalignment between front and rear tyres of motorcycles driving in front of me.

Have a look at other causes in a discussion following post 101 on page 7 of this thread by member para_7k.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4132092 (TVS Jupiter or something else?)
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:19   #179
BHPian

Has anyone retro installed a front wind shield on the old jupiter ( not the jupiter classic). I need to install this as I take my kid for nearby runabouts ( I usually take him in my car where I can belt him in the rear seat) and I feel a windshield can have some protection against direct wind to his face .

I ordered one from Amazon, need to visit my mechanic once it arrives.
Old 13th July 2022, 21:20   #180
BHPian

Sorry Mods, I could not find the appropriate thread. Please shift to the correct thread.

My query is regarding Jupiter tyres.

I have a 2018 Jupiter Classic for which I want to change tyres. The stock tyre size is 90/90/R12 both front and rear. I find the stock tyre size low on grip and thereby confidence.

I would like to upgrade to the Ntorq tyres which is 100/80/R12 front and 110/80/R12 rear.

Can experts please let me know the pros and cons?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks