Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 13:40   #496
Team-BHP Support

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Bike is not taking self start all of a sudden - battery change has also not helped .

Issue is 3 service centres are not listening to the complaint - Bajaj needs to pull up it socks to listen & respond to customer grievance .
Maybe Bajaj needs to delve deeper into this. If battery change has not helped, the culprit might be the electric start mechanism or maybe the alternator?

Have you tried writing to Bajaj Customer care about your concern? This should help IMHO.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 13:54   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Issue is 3 service centres are not listening to the complaint - Bajaj needs to pull up it socks to listen & respond to customer grievance.
Call Bajaj directly. Usually, the numbers of the regional service manager will be displayed at the service center. I called one of these numbers once when I was having issues with Bajaj service, the RSM called the service center back and their response was very different after that!

And thank you for sharing your negative experience. Information about negative experiences with a brand or product are more useful to customers and potential customers than the good ones. Just because most people had a good experience with the bike does not mean a bad experience should be discounted or dismissed. It could happen to anyone and it's good to be aware.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:00   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bike is not taking self start all of a sudden - battery change has also not helped .

Issue is 3 service centres are not listening to the complaint - Bajaj needs to pull up it socks to listen & respond to customer grievance .
Thank you for this information, this being a well informed forum, it is vital to provide all the details and for sure there are people here ready to assist. Has the matter been escalated as per the RM's numbers available at the dealerships? And what exactly is the status, no one attending to your complaint, no diagnosis done, parts not available? Sorry to say this but the situation is still unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And thank you for sharing your negative experience. Information about negative experiences with a brand or product are more useful to customers and potential customers than the good ones. Just because most people had a good experience with the bike does not mean a bad experience should be discounted or dismissed. It could happen to anyone and it's good to be aware.
As mentioned, negative experiences are important, but at the same time it has to be correct.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:23   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Bike is not taking self start all of a sudden - battery change has also not helped
Sir,

Is the bike not responding totally on the press of the self start button or you can hear the cranking and then it does not take the start protocol ?

If the bike is not responding on the press of self start button, I would suggest you to get the contact point checked. The contact may have become loose there. Try to use the WD-40 once and see or else get the self start button checked. Sometimes the problem looks bigger but the solution may be easy.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:27   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
As mentioned, negative experiences are important, but at the same time it has to be correct.
So on what basis do we judge that the experience was not 'correct' (I assume you meant true)? This is an online forum, so if someone has posted something, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, until it's somehow proven otherwise. Just like how the other members give my posts the benefit of the doubt and their valuable time.

Last edited by am1m : 12th September 2018 at 14:29.
Old 12th September 2018, 14:47   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So on what basis do we judge that the experience was not 'correct' (I assume you meant true)?
By providing the correct facts and figures off course!

Almost all Bajaj Dominar dealers have a whatsapp group in which they add new buyers and have formed a community. Here there is a direct contact with dealer personnel as well as with other Dominar users (I am part of one) which helps in getting assistance for even smallest of issues.

Please know that I am also interested to assist the member as well as to know what the fault in the product is, not to discourage negative posts!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 17:02   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Call Bajaj directly. Usually, the numbers of the regional service manager will be displayed at the service center. I called one of these numbers once when I was having issues with Bajaj service, the RSM called the service center back and their response was very different after that!
I am not having NCR (Noida) RSM numbers or email - I will try to get them, but if someone have them , pls share here ! Thanks in advance .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
And what exactly is the status, no one attending to your complaint, no diagnosis done, parts not available? Sorry to say this but the situation is still unclear.
No one attending to the complaint - so no diagnosis yet !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Sir,

Is the bike not responding totally on the press of the self start button or you can hear the cranking and then it does not take the start protocol ?

If the bike is not responding on the press of self start button, I would suggest you to get the contact point checked. The contact may have become loose there. Try to use the WD-40 once and see or else get the self start button checked. Sometimes the problem looks bigger but the solution may be easy.
I can hear the cranking , lights are on, display is on, horn is not working .
Could you please explain about WD-40 ? Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 17:54   #503
BHPian

Quote:
I can hear the cranking , lights are on, display is on, horn is not working. Could you please explain about WD-40 ? Thanks
At times carbon deposits behind the self start button thereby blocking the contact with the electrical point. By spraying wd 40 there, in a very limited quantity, these carbon / dirt deposits get cleaned.

But as you said you can hear the engine cranking, then its a different problem.
Old 12th September 2018, 19:12   #504
BHPian

Quote:

This may be a good bike but wrt what ? My TVS max didn't died a single time for 5 years under any weather conditions . Does that make TVS more value for money or Dominar ? I had bought Dominar for peace of mind & not for running around asking for solution.
Do you have 12V power to the rest of the vehicle? What is the voltage of the battery? If you have tried turning the bike over with the electric start and its not turning over you may want to try pushing the bike in second gear and bumpstart the bike. Also the regulator rectifier may have gone bad...Check all the contact points. Sounds like a fuse or relay may have blown if your getting partial power to the vehicle.

Last edited by Bhatman510 : 12th September 2018 at 19:14. Reason: Repeated sentence.
Old 12th September 2018, 20:31   #505
BANNED

Here you go;

Understanding & troubleshooting Motorcycle Charging Systems

Threads with resolutions to common concerns should be sticky IMHO.

Anyhow;

1. No thing happens when started is thumbed;
a. Starter Fuse.
b. Starter Relay.
c. Insufficient charge.
d. Faulty fail safe.
e. Low conductivity/Shorting.

2. Starter hums but motor doesn't turn;
a. Faulty starter clutch.
b. Insufficient power.

3. Motor turns but doesn't fire.
a. Don't bother, hook the motorcycle up to an OBD reader.

Plus this is not a major issue, it is something that is part of the package of owning a modern motorcycle be it from Bajaj, Triumph or Suzuki. A major issue would be something like the motor throwing a rod or something of that magnitude.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 14:31   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Here you go;

Understanding & troubleshooting Motorcycle Charging Systems

Plus this is not a major issue, it is something that is part of the package of owning a modern motorcycle be it from Bajaj, Triumph or Suzuki. A major issue would be something like the motor throwing a rod or something of that magnitude.
Thanks for the share ! But still I will need Bajaj to do anything as its brand new bike & I am novice in this .

Main concern is the way they are not responding to my complaints .
Old 13th September 2018, 22:06   #507
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the share ! But still I will need Bajaj to do anything as its brand new bike & I am novice in this .

Have you tried Twitter?

I had an issue with my CT100B the day I received it as a technical information provided in the instructions manual was inconsistent with that inscribed on the crankcase and since I did not intend to return to the A.S.S after purchase due to my personal preference of not being comfortable with other people working on my motorcycles I tweeted Bajaj of the inconsistency and within the next hour I had the issue resolved by receiving a call from the nearest A.S.S which coincidentally happened to be the place from where I'd bought the motorcycle, after which I received a confirmation call from Bajaj to see if the issue had been sorted out to my satisfaction.

Now I know I'm basically comparing Apples to Onions but my understanding is that if they can take up so much responsibility to satisfy a customer from the lower end of their product spectrum then they definitely would do way better if not the same when it comes to a customer from the polar end of that spectrum.

On a different note, I would urge you to get a multi-meter and get down to business as irrespective of motorcycle brands the quality of the A.S.S is always questionable in India, and since they get paid by the company on a job card basis it would always be better to be safe than end up regretting later on after they've taken apart your brand new motorcycle and put it back in a way that would end in you having to be a frequent flyer.

On another note, the owners manual that comes along with the motorcycle is crap, no troubleshooting information or anything of the likes which forces first time motorcyclist to be completely dependent on the A.S.S which as some of us know never really ends well.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 09:44   #508
BHPian

Quote:

Skimmed through your issues. Have you sent an email to customer care?

In 2 of my cases with the Dominar when the showroom was acting lazy, I dropped mails to the customer care ID (which can be found on the website) and in both the cases within 3 hours I got a call from the showroom that they had set the ball rolling. The issues were resolved within a day as well.

This was nearly an year ago and I get flawless service as well as attention when I visit. If you have already done this and still there is no reply from Bajaj then you need to get on the Social media brigade and pummel them.

I hope it doesn't come to that though.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 16:12   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Have you tried Twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post

This was nearly an year ago and I get flawless service as well as attention when I visit. If you have already done this and still there is no reply from Bajaj then you need to get on the Social media brigade and pummel them.

I hope it doesn't come to that though.
Pls share the social media handle . Thanks in advance .
Old 14th September 2018, 16:14   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Pls share the social media handle . Thanks in advance .
Don't know it brother. Never had to resort to it so can't tell you. Have you mailed them already?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks