Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 09:20   #571
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This is why I hate too much of electronics and software in vehicles. Keep them simple and mechanical. Instead of fly by wire. Who needs a road going computer? Who needs a reverse gear in a scooter? All we need is a comfortable vehicle with efficient, reliable propulsion. Be it IC or EV.
That is the point..

We have stood on roadside for puncture, engine failure items etc. Now stand on roadside for computer not working, software update, bug or display not working..

Over engineering and over priced..
pogo0120 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 09:58   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
Over engineering and over priced..
That is the current model of how the world operates nowadays. Tractors in America is another good example for this evolution.

But, for Ola, I am seeing that a problem faced by one individual (e.g. going into reverse gear) has been amplified so much that it has occured to 100s of them. Even here, the same video has been posted twice, across a few days. For someone who is reading it, it would occur as if there were two instances of the same problem - means this scooter is a no-go.
Old 1st April 2022, 10:34   #573
Senior - BHPian

Scooter reversing issue seems to be just a software issue and the easiest to resolve, according to one bhpian owner OLA already has the resolution and fixing the issue.

Panel gaps will be fixed overtime as the manufacturing process is streamlined.

My biggest worry is the battery heating issue, according to the pluginIndia ownership review, OLA has passive cooling, where as chetak and ather have active air cooling. According to the review, Chetak and Ather have large fans to cool the drive train and battery, not sure if OLA can add an active cooling system at this stage and the unique battery design allows it to have an active cooling system.
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 11:44   #574
Senior - BHPian

Another issue reported on twitter.
My E scooter dream was very short lived:

Used
@OlaElectric
scooter for a week. Then one day,there was a car parked haphazardly in the middle of the road. I just pulled the scooter back and it activated Reverse mode.. When I accelerated further, it went in reverse direction (1/n)

I fell down with a few scratches on both my body n scooter's. Luckily it was not a busy main road.. So I escaped unhurt.. If it was a busy road like ORR, I'd probably be dead meat by now. Called
@OlaElectric
road side assistance. It had wait time of 7 min.

The user reports that his service experience too was bad.

Click here to read the complete happenings.
AkMar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 17:14   #575
KmD

I would suggest everyone here not to book Ola scooter. They aren't delivering my scooter for over 2 months now(final payment made on 31st January), giving no reason just same copy paste replies. Their customer support is non existent. I have been tweeting, calling and emailing them every 2 days since 14th Feb. But every time I get same reply that the matter is escalated to highest authority and they can't do anything. Their twitter handle is just a copy paste bot with two or three standard replies. In between they changed my invoice with different motor and chasis number than they initially provided and asked me to edit my insurance which I did promptly in hope of getting the scooter. Next day they showed registration complete and called me for delivery. The scooter has been out for delivery since 9th March. I receive occasional calls from their registration team for otp etc but finally they say there is some problem with the details updated by ola team and cut the call. It seems like the owner was in hurry to make money and didn't any money in the customer support infrastructure.
Here's is the link to my tweet-
https://twitter.com/OlaElectric/stat...G9EXscCL5Q_0_A
I don't have any idea how to proceed now. It seems like my money is stuck. If anyone has any helpful advice regarding how to proceed please do so.
KmD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 20:54   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmD View Post
I would suggest everyone here not to book Ola scooter. They aren't delivering my scooter for over 2 months now(final payment made on 31st January), giving no reason just same copy paste replies. Their customer support is non existent.

I don't have any idea how to proceed now. It seems like my money is stuck. If anyone has any helpful advice regarding how to proceed please do so.
Ola's delivery order and tracking systems are broken. While most of the deliveries are happening in 1 or 1.5 months after dispatch messages, few are getting stuck without any progress due to these mismatches or other issues. Customer care does not have any extra information about vehicle status other than what is available for customers on the app. I would suggest you join the "Ola Delhi" electric group and find out the warehouse location for the Delhi area and go there directly. Or try to get the brand champion's numbers if possible and ask him about the vehicle situation.

Here is what happened in my friend's case who made the final payment on Jan 21st. His documents are verified in 3-4 days and vehicle dispatched from factory on 28th Jan. They generated FAME OTP and TR process completed in first week of February. After that they called and asked for the availability at home for delivery. Friend told him anyday is fine. But they were silent after that. The reason they gave is they dont have enough delivery vans and only one scooter need to be delivered in our area. We asked if we can come and pick it up ourselves which they are OK with. But next day they delivered through a brand champion riding himself after we agree for that. Luckily friend's house is close (~40 km) to the warehouse. Otherwise he may need to wait for 1 or 2 more weeks.

Ola is delivering thousands of vehicles (10K+ in March itself) each month, but they have a long way to go in sorting this mess.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 21:00   #577
Senior - BHPian

Ola is sending mails and notifications that test rides are available at home in your location.

I go and type in my address and app says test rides not available at this location Anyone with same issue? I was excited for a moment.
Old 6th April 2022, 22:11   #578
KmD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Ola's delivery order and tracking systems are broken. While most of the deliveries are happening in 1 or 1.5 months after dispatch messages, few are getting stuck without any progress due to these mismatches or other issues. Customer care does not have any extra information about vehicle status other than what is available for customers on the app. I would suggest you join the "Ola Delhi" electric group and find out the warehouse location for the Delhi area and go there directly. Or try to get the brand champion's numbers if possible and ask him about the vehicle situation.

Here is what happened in my friend's case who made the final payment on Jan 21st. His documents are verified in 3-4 days and vehicle dispatched from factory on 28th Jan. They generated FAME OTP and TR process completed in first week of February. After that they called and asked for the availability at home for delivery. Friend told him anyday is fine. But they were silent after that. The reason they gave is they dont have enough delivery vans and only one scooter need to be delivered in our area. We asked if we can come and pick it up ourselves which they are OK with. But next day they delivered through a brand champion riding himself after we agree for that. Luckily friend's house is close (~40 km) to the warehouse. Otherwise he may need to wait for 1 or 2 more weeks.

Ola is delivering thousands of vehicles (10K+ in March itself) each month, but they have a long way to go in sorting this mess.
Well, in my case they are not giving me any reason, neither brand champion's number nor option to come pick it up. All 3 of their customer care portals are providing different replies and that too copy pasted ones. They didn't even gave me reason for the change in invoice midway. Only thing i am getting from their customer care is fake assurances that they will contact me soon and this has been going for almost 2 months now.
Old 8th April 2022, 11:30   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmD View Post
Well, in my case they are not giving me any reason, neither brand champion's number nor option to come pick it up. All 3 of their customer care portals are providing different replies and that too copy pasted ones. They didn't even gave me reason for the change in invoice midway. Only thing i am getting from their customer care is fake assurances that they will contact me soon and this has been going for almost 2 months now.
Hey KmD, do you have a copy of the old invoice? If yes, you should have the address of Delhi SDC. Try visiting the SDC in person and speak to the concerned personnel. You will have your vehicle delivered in 72 hrs. I was in a similar situation as you are, went and met the SDC incharge and the vehicle was delivered in 72 hours. OLA CC is pathetic.
nish6474 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:42   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Exodus from Ola Electric Mobility continues.

Another senior level exit at Ola Electric; sixth in last six months.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 11:32   #581
BHPian

My Instagram / Facebook feed is filled with EV scooters going up in flames ! And the way the fumes come out of the battery is just horrible ! I wish this causes no casualty. EV manufacturers need to factor in excessive heat and tropical climate in India, add it to the city congested traffic and it's a perfect recipe for disaster. I've no hopes from imported cheap EVs, but atleast Ola , Ather - they ought to implement some kind of cooling system for battery/motor. Mere 5k - 10k increase in prices is nothing compared to the safety this feature will provide.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:24   #582
Senior - BHPian

US Embassy India Deputy Economic Minister Counselor John Speaks and US Consulate General Chennai Economic Officer Dustin Bickel toured Ola Electric Futurefactory.

Quote:
Impressive operations end-to-end which advance e-mobility and sustainability in India.
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220412_162125.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220412_162128.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220412162537_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 12th April 2022 at 16:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 23:10   #583

Hi all, I had my Ola S1Pro delivered on 1 April 2022. It was delivered with 98% battery charge and was showing 132 km as a range. However, after driving 76 km, it suddenly started giving me a warning and asked me to connect the charger. Luckily as I was near my house, I immediately returned home and connected it. I called up Ola service. They indicated that this is a software bug, and I need to reboot the scooter once in 5 days till Ola comes out with a fix for the bug. After the scooter was completely charged, I rebooted the scooter (pressing the power button and reverse button simultaneously for 20 secs), and the battery capacity dropped to 66% from 100%. Then again, I placed the scooter in charging and brought it back to 100%. Therefore, please ensure that you check and reboot your scooter also so that you do not end up with an exhausted battery half the way. Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th April 2022 at 08:13. Reason: Typo and corrections
Ramkumar7 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 12:55   #584
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article today. Now the suspension breaks on headon collision.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-9764006ac25846b299b267096f134aac.jpeg

Link

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th April 2022 at 12:58.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:03   #585
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric scooter suspension breaks after head-on collision

"Ola Electric's nightmares seem set to continue, as another instance has gone viral on the social media and comes only a few days after reports of an S1 Pro catching fire in Pune was reported. Several pictures of a broken-down Ola S1 Pro have gone viral on the internet, and the front apron appears to have been damaged by the failure of the front fork."

Source:Zeenews
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-ola-scooter-breaks-into-two.png  

payeng is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks