Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 15:52   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This morning I took delivery at 10 AM Rode straight to a trail in RamaNagara (popularly known as Ramgadh, where Sholay was shot), about 50 Kms from Bengaluru and put it through the paces.
Thanks a lot for this early and crisp review!

Perhaps too early to say, but in your opinion, how would this bike do on the highway with a pillion and saddle bags? Enough grunt?
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 15:54   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Meet 'YALLA', my biking spirit (Means 'Let's Go' in Arabic).
Last night I got a call from a friend at the dealership that the V-Strom is in transit, should take 4 hours to reach from Chitradurga. This morning I took delivery at 10 AM
Congratulations.

Now that’s a positive review. Just checked my local dealership and the bike is in transit. In 2-3 days, they will start providing test rides. After your first impression, can’t wait to take it out for a spin.

On a side note, what about a separate thread on the initial first impression
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 15:59   #153
Senior - BHPian

Grunt is adequate for pillion. Saddle bags shouldn't be a problem at all.
Attaching a few more pics now, of the bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Thanks a lot for this early and crisp review! Perhaps too early to say, but in your opinion, how would this bike do on the highway with a pillion and saddle bags? Enough grunt?
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1866.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1865.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1846.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:34   #154
BHPian

Needless to say, a thorough comparo with the H'ness is eagerly awaited... and Congratulations 🎉
KayEss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

These are two very different bikes. V-Strom is straddling off-road requirement as mostly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
Needless to say, a thorough comparo with the H'ness is eagerly awaited... and Congratulations 🎉
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:57   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Meet 'YALLA', my biking spirit
Congratulations Sebring!

The excitement to get a test ride this weekend has definitely heightened after reading your first impressions. Looking forward to a lot more pictures of the V-Strom from your end.
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:01   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and the flaws are NOT dealbreakers at all! Seems like a stellar product from Suzuki!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:09   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last night I got a call from a friend at the dealership that the V-Strom is in transit, should take 4 hours to reach from Chitradurga. This morning I took delivery at 10 AM Rode straight to a trail in RamaNagara (popularly known as Ramgadh, where Sholay was shot), about 50 Kms from Bengaluru and put it through the paces. Returned at 3PM. My verdict is that Suzuki has a winner, a true all-rounder (please head over for a Test Ride)
Oh wow, congratulations Sebring! I didnt know that you had the VStrom 250 in mind. The bike looks really good in this colour. Needless to say, we are all expecting you to write a detailed ownership thread on the VStrom 250. It certainly will be an exciting thread to follow.

I have some thoughts on a few points that you mentioned, but I have to wait for a couple of days to share it

I only hope that Suzuki's lazy marketing team doesnt get carried away by all the positive vibes from your upcoming ownership thread. That will only make them become even more lazy than what they already are ....
neil.jericho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:15   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Positives
Suspension takes heavy punishment with aplomb (I was concerned about the short travel in front, but it's not an issue)
This is exactly what I was waiting for. More than the bike, 120mm suspension travel has been discussed. Lets hope it works fine as a soft-roader if not Xpulse good. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the 1st 250SX in the forum

Now please start an ownership thread to help us prospective buyers know about your experience of living with this machine. Looks like Suzuki finally has a winner on their hands. Hope this doesn’t get to their head and we see price increase before year end

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th May 2022 at 17:16.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
These are two very different bikes. V-Strom is straddling off-road requirement as mostly
I agree. Though I just sold my Highness for the V-strom and reached the same showroom right after you, Sebring, to see your Honda deserted at the Suzuki stock room! Temporarily, I hope

Being an early booking, I'm in que to collect mine as well, and took a long test ride. My observations mostly match yours and if anyone's need is anything that needs one bike for on/off road combining city and highway, the Vstrom is all the bike one should want!

However, my needs are more unique than most, and having had a brace of Adv's in the past, from the dedicatedly designed Impulse, Xpulse and Himalayan to the softer purpose GS310, the Vstrom didn't quite land up impressing. I'll qualify this statement soon enough, but for now I think the Suzuki I have - the Intruder - fulfills my expectations better for the city. As for the highway, with the Highness gone, I'm left a bit flustered for choice. Suzuki, it's got to be, for this tractable 250cc engine. Which one? Thought and rides in process... Will update that as well.
AnAntinspired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

TQ. And few interesting pics reviewers may not have carried
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Looking forward to a lot more pictures of the V-Strom from your end.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1854.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1838.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1842.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1843.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1861.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1849.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1837.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1848.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:17   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
However, my needs are more unique than most, and having had a brace of Adv's in the past, from the dedicatedly designed Impulse, Xpulse and Himalayan to the softer purpose GS310.
Your ADV line up is quite fascinating. Right now, I am also in the market to buy a dedicated touring bike, but having a hard time deciding one. I wonder why you sold your GS310. It’s supposed to be a great all round bike.
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
the Vstrom didn't quite land up impressing. I'll qualify this statement soon enough.
After a few hours of deep thought post test riding the Vstrom, here are my impressions that led me to the above reaction. I'm not yet saying conclusion, as that would mean cancelling my booking, a decision I hope to sleep over.

First up, all the good points that Sebring highlighted, I second, but most were already assumptions I made having owned a few Suzuki's in the past. Specifically the bike left me unimpressed for one reason alone - I felt it was un-involving. The only way I can illustrate this is by providing perspective of the bikes I come from. I'v tried to describe in one word, the way my earlier motorcycles involved me. There are many qualities to each one, but I'm picking the one that came to my mind with my first long test ride of each one before I put my money on them.

Xpulse - chuckability
Mojo - exhaust note
GS310 - err... Plushness
Svartpilen - pick-up
Intruder - comfort
Xpulse - riding view
Highness - exhaust note

The Vstrom, I would say, has almost all of these virtues in one bike (excluding exhaust note). However, it did not exceed my experience of involvement provided by my earlier motorcycles in even one area. Matched up at best, but not exceeded.Yes, the fit and finish of the Vstrom is up there as the best. The size is right, the stand comes to leg easily, the look grabs eyeballs, the gearing is spot on and I'm sure the ride and handling will be, over assorted terrain. If one has not owned even one of the above motorcycles then the Vstrom offers an involvement that would seem fresh to experience. But, for me, there was nothing new, except how it looks, which as a rider matters last to me.

Please note, my user case requirements will be unlike most given I live on a jungle farm, ride out at family owned coffee estates and keep multiple motorcycles suitable to specific purposes, none of which involve urban lifestyles. I am disappointed at my own first impressions and wish I could erase past influences to stay at looks, finish and quality of motorcycle, where the Vstrom surely excels. So step right into your nearest showroom, for the product is just right for many as a one tool to do it all!
AnAntinspired is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
I wonder why you sold your GS310. It’s supposed to be a great all round bike.
This answer is simple. Covid was a period of a thousand worries for all, and one just needs to be on the BMW group in Bangalore to get a thousand more! I live very far away from the city, and to read daily woes of urban owners having to leave their bikes for unscheduled months, only to be returned by the single service centre available for all Karnataka, in much worse shape than before was not reassuring ownership at all. With the pandemic also cutting off spares supply, it became pointless to own an adventure bike one would worry adventuring with! Else the motorcycle itself was definitely worthy of it's price.

There is a chap called Mystic rider Prateek who was on the bmw group of bangalore who also has a YouTube channel. His views of the motorcycle resonate with pretty much most of the users and his distance covered should give you enough experiential assurances. However, since we are on the topic of Vstrom, try it out. I think if you haven't had the 310GS before, this suzuki matches up in many ways with much more money left over from purchase, spares and service to enjoy touring.
AnAntinspired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 20:04   #165
BHPian

Good one, Sebring! One of the sales reps from Advaith Suzuki sent me an image of the first bike they’d delivered - and it turned out to be yours. Small world! Ride safe, looking forward to read your ownership log.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks