Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 08:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Most users I know havent heard of the 3 types normally available.
Wow! So once upon a time, 3 different designs did exist!
From Yamaha only, we have RX100, RXG, RX135 4speed and RX135 5speed and RD350 models. So I'm guessing even more than 3 different designs would have been needed to serve the purpose for all.
The fact that they and other Indian producer won't supply even an application guide makes matters even worse.

Quote:
Tectrac of Chennai makes custom ones for RX and RD. Seen the ones for 4 strokes.
Oh! Tectrac!
Do you have personal experience with these? Does he do chambers for stock porting only? What simulator does he use?
Old 21st May 2008, 18:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Wow! So once upon a time, 3 different designs did exist!

Oh! Tectrac!
Do you have personal experience with these? Does he do chambers for stock porting only? What simulator does he use?
When I meant 3 models, I was referring to low end, mid range and top end chambers and not specific bike models.

I do not have personal experience with Tectrac's chambers. Having been associated with racing for ages, I guess his simulator is the track and riders. Heres one link from xbhp How to make your own Expansion Chamber ! - xBhp
Old 21st May 2008, 20:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have personal experience with Tectrac's chambers.
you are welcome to take a spin on my bike anytime.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
you are welcome to take a spin on my bike anytime.
Hey trooper, did you acquire a RX135 recently? Can you share some images with the exhaust? How much did it cost?
Old 21st May 2008, 22:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hey trooper, did you acquire a RX135 recently? Can you share some images with the exhaust? How much did it cost?
No man, have had it for almost three years now. It used to be my touring bike, and later got a thunderbird.

Here's a pic of the bike. It's a little grimy in this photograph, but then, I hardly clean it that much.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx_pic.jpg  

Old 21st May 2008, 22:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
When I meant 3 models, I was referring to low end, mid range and top end chambers and not specific bike models.
Not specific bikes? Then how come they work on different bikes when each of them has a different port layout?

Quote:
Before anyone wants to get down designing own chambers.
Small advice. Get down reading Graham Bell, Blair etc. first.
Read them once. Understand. Read them again.
Amazon.co.uk: Two-stroke Performance Tuning: A.Graham Bell: Books
Design and Simulation of Two-Stroke Engines

Without adequate knowledge or ATLEAST that contained in books like above, it's just a shot in the dark. Plain and Simple.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Not specific bikes? Then how come they work on different bikes when each of them has a different port layout?
There used to be 3 models of Proton for every bike- mainly 2strokes back then- i think sometime around early 2000.

Stage 1- for stock bike- slim balloon, mild increase in acceleration- mainly used for the looks and the exhaust note.

Stage 2- for stock bike- fatter balloon, better midrange primarily(esp for Shogun) and some top end by default.

Stage 3- totally custom made pipe- only for fully ported rally spec bikes- you can either detail out the mods done to the engine and risk a match by ordering a pipe.
Or send them your ported block and ask for a matching chamber.
Or send your block, get it ported by them and they will send it back with the port job and a matching pipe.
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
There used to be 3 models of Proton for every bike
Now that surely is news to many. I'm sure.
So what's the situation these days?
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that surely is news to many. I'm sure.
So what's the situation these days?
Nothing of this sort is happening these days. I called the person for some other car stuff. Nothing major, regular cans for 2 and 4 strokes. Asked if I wanted reed valves. I dont have any current use for them. Maybe when I do up my RX135.

Quote:
Stage 1- for stock bike- slim balloon, mild increase in acceleration- mainly used for the looks and the exhaust note.
I had this on my RX100 before I switched to a custom. I first had a KRP which was good, but had to replace because the paint started peeling off. My pocket money purse didnt allow plating.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 22nd May 2008 at 10:29.
Old 21st June 2008, 14:31   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for all your valuable comments guys. Sorry it took me long to post on this thread since I changed my mind and was looking for an RD, but did not get any.

Did see a couple of other RX100's before zeroing up on this one. Almost picked up a crappy old one for 8k before a friend advised me against it.

So here starts the Yamaha Cafe Racer Project. And since it is from scratch, its definitely gonna be better than http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ated-pics.html

The current work planned on the bike is as below :
- Parts to be fabricated : Single seat with cowl, double seat, rear-sets, clubman handlebars

- Parts to be brought : larger headlight, speedometers, indicators, Yamaha logos

The bike is gonna be used as it is till all the parts are ready. Here are some pics of the bike. Please excuse the color
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx1.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-rx.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 21st June 2008 at 14:34.
Old 21st June 2008, 14:41   #26
BHPian

What colour are you planning to repaint, black & silver would be the best bet according to me.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There used to be 3 models of Proton for every bike- mainly 2strokes back then- i think sometime around early 2000.

Stage 2- for stock bike- fatter balloon, better midrange primarily(esp for Shogun) and some top end by default.

Stage 3- totally custom made pipe- only for fully ported rally spec bikes- you can either detail out the mods done to the engine and risk a match by ordering a pipe.
Or send them your ported block and ask for a matching chamber.
Or send your block, get it ported by them and they will send it back with the port job and a matching pipe.
I ended up buying a Proton for the 100 when I have a 135. I didn't know at the time of buying that both bikes have a different one. Now I'm trying to sell it.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:25   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm looking at changing the electricals to 12v and the switchgear to the one like the Pulsar or YBX. Have been given an estimate of 2k from a Yamaha service center which includes the below. Can anyone confirm if this price is correct.
Complete Electrical change : Rectifier / Flasher / Battery / Switchgear / Wiring / 12v conversion

Prajeep : The paintjob has been decided, but am not gonna reveal it till it is finalised. Anyways suggestions are most welcome.

straight6 how much are you selling off the Proton's for? How old are they? How is the performance?

Request to Moderators : Can you please change the thread title to "My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer Project". Thanks.

Last edited by v12 : 21st June 2008 at 18:28.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Have been given an estimate of 2k from a Yamaha service center which includes the below. Can anyone confirm if this price is correct.
Price seem good as it includes a battery. Do you know the specs of the battery they are going to put in?
Old 21st June 2008, 18:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

I got the exhaust for 1400, used it for only 2 months and its lying with me since then. I'll give it to you for 800. You will not find a pipe in better condition for that price. You are welcome to come and check it out first if you'd like to.

Even though its not meant for the bike it does increase performance. I was using it with a K&N filter so maybe because of the combination it was good. By the way, I don't mind giving you the filter for 500 as I'm not using it anymore. It costs 1750 if you buy it new and I have the pipe that was specifically fabricated which will help you to connect it to the carb which cost me 300. Attaching snap.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-dsc00300.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 21st June 2008 at 18:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks