Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 14:30   #121
BHPian

audiophile-beautifully maintained bike,congrats dude
Old 7th October 2008, 15:20   #122
BHPian

Audiophile, that was wonderful, Jus a question - what is the small box like thingy below the side panel (batt compartment /2T tank), my brothers Rx didnt have it.
All the best on rebuilding One the most popular bikes' of our country cheers:
Old 7th October 2008, 17:34   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Audiophile,
Please let me know from which workshop you have done the work? . I have a 1989 model RX100 and planning for some work with a reliable person in bangalore. Any inouts appreciated
Please tell me what exactly are you looking for ? I do know a mechanic who would serve you the best value for money. Infact I believe him to be the best. And he can make your RX rock.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:11   #124
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2008 at 01:01. Reason: See note.
pulsarmaniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2008, 22:06   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
Please tell me what exactly are you looking for ? I do know a mechanic who would serve you the best value for money. Infact I believe him to be the best. And he can make your RX rock.
Hi
I have a RX135 which is completely stock. It is good upto 55 kmph & strains a lot after 60 kmph and its difficult to push it further. I have driven some other Rx 135s earlier which seemed to go comfortably upto 80-90 kmph. Can this mechanic solve my problem. Pls do share his contact.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Audiophile,
Please let me know from which workshop you have done the work? . I have a 1989 model RX100 and planning for some work with a reliable person in bangalore. Any inouts appreciated
@Shalini_g: Most of the work on my bike was done in Belgaum. The mech;s name is Rahul.

In Bangalore my bike is taken care of by Equinox in Kamanahalli, near the Empire hotel circle. His work is reliable.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:58   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
audiophile-beautifully maintained bike,congrats dude
Thanks @desigNation: Im glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Audiophile, that was wonderful, Jus a question - what is the small box like thingy below the side panel (batt compartment /2T tank), my brothers Rx didnt have it.
All the best on rebuilding One the most popular bikes' of our country cheers:
@johnda: The black box is a tool kit, it was not present when I bought the bike, had it fitted additionally.
Currectly holds the tools, bike papers and I manage to also push a cloth in it, just to wipe my seat on those rainy days.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2008 at 00:59. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 9th October 2008, 00:37   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Hi
I have a RX135 which is completely stock. It is good upto 55 kmph & strains a lot after 60 kmph and its difficult to push it further. I have driven some other Rx 135s earlier which seemed to go comfortably upto 80-90 kmph. Can this mechanic solve my problem. Pls do share his contact.
The biggest problem is to contact him. Though he has a mobile, he hardly picks it for what so ever reason. So even I, normally just go and give the bike to him in the morning. His garage is in JP Nagar. Do pm me your email id or contact number, and I will take it forward from there.

BTW, he will definitely solve this out for you with no issues what so ever.
Old 9th October 2008, 04:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
@johnda: The black box is a tool kit, it was not present when I bought the bike, had it fitted additionally.
Currectly holds the tools, bike papers and I manage to also push a cloth in it, just to wipe my seat on those rainy days.
I thought as much, neat. Oh! yes I used to cramp all this next to the Batt and infact one time had all my (Photostatted) papers eaten up by a damaged, leaking Battery. All the best on your Bike. It's Looks Great. cheers:
Old 11th October 2008, 00:42   #130
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Here's my contribution.
RX100, 1988 model.
All stock except piston size changed to 4th size.
Attachment 56808
what tyres are those man?both the front and the rear ones seem to have quite a good grip! what size are they. please remove that leather/plastic scoop off your front mudguard. if u really want one get the smaller one which came with the rx mudguards... will luk better i ges...just an opinion though

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2008 at 01:01. Reason: See note. Check PM.
pulsarmaniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2008, 18:53   #131
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

the paint work is still on hold. as I am typing, the cowl for the single seat is being fitted with the brake light. more updztes as and when things get done.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:15   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
the paint work is still on hold. as I am typing, the cowl for the single seat is being fitted with the brake light. more updztes as and when things get done.
please post some pictures as we desperately want to see what is happening with this project of yours the bullet cafe racer was really awesome waiting for the pictures
Old 14th October 2008, 16:40   #133
BHPian

dont want to start a new thread ,this is the best place where my query can be answered. So here goes

looking to buy a rx100 and keep it stock, i ve found a 1990 model . Should i buy it for about 10000?
is there anything like the newer rx100s wernt as good as the older ones.

define newer too . and when did production of rx 100 stop.
thanks
Old 14th October 2008, 21:17   #134
BHPian

well i think the price is quite reasonable.just check the engine.may be get a long enough test ride and show it to a trustworthy mechanic if you can. make sure the bike is working well. after all you dont want trouble right? its less risky to get a second hand 2 stroke than a 4 stroke so hopefully your bike is good enough

Last edited by pulsarmaniac : 14th October 2008 at 21:18.
Old 14th October 2008, 21:24   #135
BHPian

still are the newer rx 100 good ? i ve heard some talk bout the older ones being better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks