Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 23:09   #196
Senior - BHPian

Okay, got a new Chain/Sprocket kit fitted.

Also fitted the Proton silencer. Its not too loud, sounds as good as the stock silencer. Didn't check for performance since the rear brake is still not done, so wouldn't risk ripping it.

Will give the proton a coat of paint, and get the bottle chrome plated or buffed.

Bike is looking greattt. The Proton matches the stance of the cafe.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:32   #197
Senior - BHPian

throw away proton and get a custom made chamber !!
Old 12th November 2008, 15:36   #198
Senior - BHPian

this might help you for rear reg plate..
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-reg-plate.jpg  

Old 12th November 2008, 17:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Already ordered for High Security Registration plates. Will be here next week.

Chiragh, what chamber is that on your bike?
Old 13th November 2008, 20:52   #200
BHPian

chirag i guess is running the hydrofoamed malaysian RXZ header with a modded belly and stinger. and its for an RX135. donno how many other people make hydrofoamed headers. i believe mr. rajkumar of chennai is the only other person who makes hydrofoamed header but i cant confirm it , maybe he also gets the hydrofoamed headers frm south east asia. try out the proton . i guess ur porting is still stock. once u port it then u can build a custom pipe.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

@ 2 stroke junkie i have dumped malaysisn made chamber.. This one was custom made by AMW , but am not really satisfied ..

@gordon how much for high security reg plates?

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 14th November 2008 at 14:57.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:54   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir
@gordon how much for high security reg plates?
Sent you a PM regarding price.
Old 14th November 2008, 19:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

High Sec plates should cost anywhere between 800 to 1000 depending on how lower you are in the chain. Correct price is around 800 as far as i know.
Old 16th November 2008, 14:11   #204
Senior - BHPian

@ gordon thanks for your PM

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 16th November 2008 at 14:12.
Old 16th November 2008, 15:18   #205
BHPian

do you have the pics now gordon? i hope the bike is ready or going to be ready soon. can't wait for the pics!
Old 16th November 2008, 22:18   #206
Senior - BHPian

Will post pics once the brake rearsets are done. Thats the ONLY thing pending at the moment.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:52   #207
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates:
  1. The High Security Registration Plates have arrived. Mounting them tomorrow.
  2. New flat seat with a very interesting taillight setup is planned for tomorrow too.
  3. Brake Rearset is also thought about. May go for a cable linkage. Still working things out.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:30   #208
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Although the brakes and number plates are not yet ready here are the latest pics of the bike :
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crp2.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crp3.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-crp4.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-1.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-2.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2008, 00:46   #209
BHPian

Nice work there guys . I have a few suggestions . Hope u dont get offended since this is your money and your blood , sweat and tears . Here they are anyway :

1) Powder Coat your Proton black including ur bend pipe. Really stands out like a sore thumb right now. You could also look into getting ur barrels ported and building a custom chamber for it powder coated in Bangalore. Dont think it would cost more than around 3k @ most of the good workshops.

2) Use better quality rearsets which are chrome / metallic in finish. I would suggest picking up Yoshimura Brand rear sets , available in plenty in the far east. You will find them with anybody who sells any sort of imported parts / accessories and someone who gets parts from Bangkok etc. They look fantastic , are very functional and are pretty cheap too. Basically right now in the pictures you can hardly even notice that you have rearsets and they don't stand out or look good either.

3) Paint the front mudguard white (like the rest of the bike) , should've done that when you were painting the rest of the bike. Sandblast/ buff front forks and/or both brake drums/ wheel hubs . Reason being the whole front end is black and monotonous with no break in colour and hence nothing catches your eye except for the front mudguard. While at it , a second hand Pulsar front end with a disc brake would do wonders to this build as well .

4) You could also sandblast the chrome off your headlight and the ears that hold them and paint them in the same tone of white that was with the rest of the bike. Other options are a yezdi dome which i think is plastic and using after market aluminium ears. Look pretty neat as well. The basic point would be to keep the main flow of colour at all the right places.

5) How about doing away with the front indicators ? or finding another place for them like where the reflectors are under your tank are right now ? you could also keep just one horn and install it on the chassis downtubes right behind and under the headlight , so it is hidden from view. That is where the stock horns are installed i believe . Also why only a left RVM and no right or only Right RVM ?

I love your seat ( how comfortable is it ? ) . Love the simplicity of the front console (any plans of adding an RXZ tachometer ? ) . I also love the way you have kept the stock decals and merged the shapes of the tank with the side panels and the side panels with the cowl. I think the cowl and the seat are the best parts of the bike ( anyway you could camoflage those 2 screws on your cowl ? ) . The rear indicators look neat as does the cutout for the brake light ( the underside of the latter needs to be covered , guess ur number plate will do that )

Anyway thats what I think . Let me know what you think of my ideas .

Great jobs guys . Keep it up.

ps: You need to replace the red cafe-d Bullet with a Cafe-d RD350

Good Show !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 25th November 2008 at 01:05.
Old 25th November 2008, 01:07   #210
BHPian

ps: You need to replace the red cafe-d Bullet in the pictures with a Cafe-d RD350 ( Hopefully your next project )

Good Show !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks