Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 18:19   #76

@ Straight 6 : - Nope. In the pics there was no change done to the bulb. However, i have recently put the Halogen bulb. The output is great, atleast a million times better than before.
Old 13th July 2008, 20:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
@ Straight 6 : - Nope. In the pics there was no change done to the bulb. However, i have recently put the Halogen bulb. The output is great, atleast a million times better than before.
What modifications did you do the electrical system to run that bulb?
Old 13th July 2008, 21:22   #78
BHPian

Straight6 sir- info asked on forums is shared with all- but PM is beter used here.
Don't you think we hijacked V12's thread a lot many times.
And we have a thread for that too na.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...read-pics.html

BTW, pipe and can ready with mods- and now i have a feeling it was for a low+mid range pipe fora 5-speed RXZ that lacked the off-the-blocks grunt.

Mods- if possible, please move Revo1's bike pics and the discussion to the above thread.

Hey V12 sir,
I can't really express how glad i am that you went with 3.00x18" for the rear finally.
Trust me, it's better to have 3.00x18 good rubber on the rear than a large and heavy one of standard rubber.
An argument that my RX135 shod with M45 silenced- compared to friend's bikes shod with fatter Pirelli tubless and what not.

And now that you mentioned it so many times, i am one of those brilliant fools who bought a RXZ exhaust pipe for my 4-speed 135- the chrome upswept one you have been searching for- and i know how kickass the bike looks with it.
But it is a bit restrictive and i don't think it will be a good match for the RX-100, esp a high-revving Jap one that you mostly have.
Too much back-pressure can be disastrous at times. :(

Well- let me see if i can get a pic of the same for you.
Old 14th July 2008, 09:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

V12 prefers the RXZ silencer, but I'm not quite sure about it. It may mess with the rearsets and not give enough play for the brake pedal.

I'm considering clip-ons, since the clubman bars are too far ahead.
  • Are there any fork mounted clip-ons available for the RX?!
  • Would those local "Hayabusa" clip-ons fit directly onto the stem?! I think its wider than the Yamaha fork stem. But may fit properly on the "kaan".
Rearsets are still very tricky.
Will be making new brackets and mounting points for them. Its been a week and its getting delayed becuase of stupid complications. Some including:
  • Kick Lever.
  • Not much play due to silencer.
  • Can't take it more up, since the positioning gets very messed up.
I've thought of a way to get around these problems. Will try them sooner or later.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:20   #80
BHPian

revolution1-thats one good looking rx 100,congrats man.dont worry about the looks its beautiful dude,just one suggestion,too much of yamaha written all over, jus stick on with "yamaha" on the tank.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Damn. The previous owner has actually messed the bike up. I'm replacing EVERYTHING that is there on it. Except for the engine and chassis obviously.

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-kick.jpg

Is this kick lever a local one?! But seeing this below pic, it seems to be the original one. I was bloody losing my head on how to make the rearsets, because the kick lever was messing around with the brake pedal. Moreover, the kick lever scrapes onto the silencer. So I'm thinking of getting the RX135 kick lever. It clears the silencer and I'm sure will also clear the rearsets perfectly.

RX100

RX135

Even the silencer, wheels and shocks will be replaced by a new one.

I've been asking around and have got some prices. Here they are:
  • Fibre Mudguard - Rs 185
  • RX100 Silencer - Rs 1150
  • Wheel Rim - Rs 700 a piece (not sure with or without spokes)

A friend of mine told me about "POSH" clip-on handlebars that can be mounted directly onto the Yamaha fork stem. Any leads?

Last edited by Gordon : 14th July 2008 at 16:39.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:55   #82
BHPian

I think the wheel rim is without spokes, spokes are for about 3.5 rupees per spoke.
Old 14th July 2008, 23:06   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I've just got fitted a 3.00 X 18 MRF NyloGrip Moto-O on the rear wheel of my mint condition 1990, RX 100. The tyre is gives an excellent traction and costs Rs 1150=0 incl the tube. Its about Rs 300=00 costlier than the normal MRF 3.00 x 18 Nylogrip tyres.
Old 19th July 2008, 23:27   #84
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Time for some more updates :

- The RX135 kick-lever has been fitted on the bike and it clears the silencer and the rear-sets.
- The wheels, zinc-plated spokes and fibre mudguard have arrived. The wheels are HH 18-in wheels. The mudguard is painted black, but thats not gonna be the color of the bike, so the paint would be removed.
- The double-seat along with the brake-light is also ready and the seat is quite comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-seat1.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-seat2.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-light.jpg  

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-wheels.jpg  

Old 21st July 2008, 15:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

which rearsets you are going to use on your rx?
Old 21st July 2008, 18:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir
which rearsets you are going to use on your rx?
Not any aftermarket one, like something bolt on and stuff. Will try to make them myself. The true challenge I believe is that parts like rearsets and seat/cowl must be sorted out by oneself when making a cafe racer. Of course, if it doesn't work out you can always get aftermarket ones off the shelf of any superbike.

Most people meet me and tell me that the rearsets on the Enfield Cafe Racer Project don't seem complex and are so easy to make. The difference is that if you didn't see it, you'd be blank on what to do. The thing is that when you see someone else who's done it, it doesn't seem difficult. But when you start fresh, its a pain!

The logic and idea is what matters. Once you make it with all the frustration, the next guy just has to copy it and not rack his head on it.
Old 21st July 2008, 23:14   #87
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked some more parts today. They include:

Toolbox, 12V Flasher, Regulator Rectifier
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-toolkit.jpg

Complete Wiring Kit
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-wiring.jpg

Hero Honda CBZ Grips
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-grips.jpg

Yamaha YBX Switchgear
My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-switch.jpg
Old 22nd July 2008, 01:07   #88
BHPian

v12, please post the respective cost also .

Is the YBX switchgear a direct fit ?
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:18   #89
BHPian

Jayanta its a direct fit.

V12 why don't you change the yokes to the ybx type, these are very comfortable and user friendly.
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:22   #90
BHPian

yeah V12 please post the cost of the parts too, i dont know about others, but am not really updated with that.

Planning to Revamp my Rx 100 in august or september!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks