Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 16:03   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
@f1fan
Ravi made a mention of the entire colored resin plastic panel set available for Rs. 1800/-. If this is true then that issue can be tackled.
Its for 1800/- now, that won't be the case after a while. When I bought my Honda Dio, the entire body parts could be replaced for under 1200/-. Now it costs over 3K!!
Old 30th September 2008, 18:21   #197
BHPian

Got an SMS confirmation with a serial number from Yamaha about the FZ16 booking. Can hardly wait for the bike.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:25   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Got an SMS confirmation with a serial number from Yamaha about the FZ16 booking. Can hardly wait for the bike.

I got the same message with the booking number.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:09   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Just got hold of BikeIndia october issue which carried a full road test of FZ-16. The bike has best performance and handling in 150cc class. 0-60 in 5.5 sec and 0-80 in 11.5 sec. The hadling is so great that you can cut through the traffic without much fuss. A great bike for stunters too, with lightweight body, good lower and mid torque, and wider tires for stability.

All in all, a fun bike that begs you to ride through traffic.. The city mileage is just over 40 kmpl. A true top whack of 112 (118 on speedo) is achieved.

The bike is not suitable for highway (compared to the current lot tourers).
Apache RTR Fi can do a sub 5 second run to 60. What are they smoking? (cuban cigars given by Yamaha India?)

5.5 secs is a very average number that Hunk, RTR-c and probably P150 can match.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th September 2008 at 21:39.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Any test ride reports posted on the web so far?
Zigwheels (Zigwheels.com) had promised to put in a full ride report last Friday, but not to be seen yet. Guess, its only BikeIndia who have written the report and in their paper mag. Not available online yet.

Will be up soon buddy.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Apache RTR Fi can do a sub 5 second run to 60. What are they smoking? (cuban cigars given by Yamaha India?)

Zillion years back, Suzuki Shogun used to do that. And probably my good ol' RX135 and old CBZ and ..................
Old 1st October 2008, 14:33   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Zillion years back, Suzuki Shogun used to do that. And probably my good ol' RX135 and old CBZ and ..................
Agreed that the performance is not better than an RTR. Given the wide tyres it boasts, the 5.5 sec is very good. We will wait for other mags' test rides and see how it fares.

A shootout of all 150cc bikes will give us a clear idea how the bike does against other bikes in the league. Maybe a straightline 0-60 is on par with the other 150cc bikes, the agility and handling in the traffic moves the bike ahead of others.

We will wait for real test reviews of the customers.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 1st October 2008 at 14:36.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:22   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Agreed that the performance is not better than an RTR. Given the wide tyres it boasts, the 5.5 sec is very good. We will wait for other mags' test rides and see how it fares.

A shootout of all 150cc bikes will give us a clear idea how the bike does against other bikes in the league. Maybe a straightline 0-60 is on par with the other 150cc bikes, the agility and handling in the traffic moves the bike ahead of others.

We will wait for real test reviews of the customers.
And before we really cheer the bike, I would advise that one waits till the bike's long term riding reports coming. Its only then one would if the bike is worth its salt!
Old 1st October 2008, 17:33   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
And before we really cheer the bike, I would advise that one waits till the bike's long term riding reports coming. Its only then one would if the bike is worth its salt!
lol hope this one doesnt fall apart like the good old Bajaj's do after 5-6 years
Old 2nd October 2008, 00:03   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Me too read it today. All I can say about the test is 'I'm disappointed', not with the FZ, but with the test reports content. Our auto journos get derailed sometimes from quality in the quest to do another 'Exclusive' or 'First' content. Sometimes I feel I should stop spending these 150-200 bucks on auto magazines. But...!!
The test again looks like an approximation being made after a short stint on the bike. Nowhere was it mentioned about the kms the bike had clocked before being tested. This even shows when there's no mention about the fuel efficiency in the report barring Stats section.
There's hardly any detail about the engine apart from the words 'similar to Gladiator platform'.
We get much better insights from our T-BHPians.
dude, all it takes is a free bike to use for several months, a crate of black label and "complete" paid hotel bills when testing the bike or visiting the factory. and "voila", the bike is the best. i KNOW (not personally) a couple of the so called test riders or journos, and believe you me, they know jack s#@* about biking.

for example, in a famed auto mag, there was a so claimed reporter who tested the ducati desmo 1098 in the "streets" of mumbai and arrived at the verdict that it was the BESTESTsuperbike bike ever. lol. am sure that he pushed the bike to no more than 25% of its abilities which is 125% of his personal abilites and concluded the test report. what a joke!

thats the caliber of our test riders/reporters we have in india and i do not blame them cos we were brought up on 150cc bikes at best. we need to grow up with the the rate of growth of the availability of bikes in india. i rather prefer a journo who admits that he did/could not push a bike to its limit than the one who boasts of the great traction of the 1098 or the road hugging abilities of an r1.
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:26   #206
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries should have started for the FZ. Has anyone been lucky enough to swing a leg over one? Eagerly awaiting the real world ride reports.

The most exciting thing about this bike is its capacity to pull off stunts. I've pulled wheelies, but guess this machine could help me learn how to stoppie!
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:50   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Any test ride reports posted on the web so far?
Zigwheels (Zigwheels.com) had promised to put in a full ride report last Friday, but not to be seen yet. Guess, its only BikeIndia who have written the report and in their paper mag. Not available online yet.
The Review is up on Zigwheels.com

Clubbed with Adil's Review on FZ16
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:03   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
hi everyone!! my cousin booked the FZ16 today!! booking started only today here in trivandrum!! my friend(not in tbhp) also booked as soon as he heard the news!!
the showroom guys told we will get the bike next weekcheers:
dont know how far this is true!! anyway have to contact them everyday!!
did your cousin got the bike???
man, we are eagerly waiting for the test ride reports and oh! we are also waiting for the FE figures.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:18   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Buddy we wanted the test review as they promised. I had read this report last week itself
Old 4th October 2008, 19:56   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
This ain't the ride report. Its just a review and this was put almost two weeks back IIRC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks