Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2008, 23:08   #121
Senior - BHPian

Im not much of a bike guy, but this ones really appealing.

Neat bike, reminds me of the Suzuki B King - http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/20...uki-b-king.jpg

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 21st September 2008 at 23:09.
Old 21st September 2008, 23:48   #122
BHPian

i saw this thing being tested once. it was on the kalindi kunj bridge. the guy was goin real fast. but it was no match for my modded 180

its got a really nice seating position.

id buy it for 65k
Old 22nd September 2008, 09:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I took a small test ride of the FZ 16.

Before i begin, let me tell you all that i currently ride a 350 bull. And this is the only bike (with regards to looks and brand) that has appealed to me after the bull.

I am also looking to buy a commuter bike as the bull is quite difficult to manage in traffic.

The bike looks very good, I liked the black one but it looks too much like a pulsar in that col. Anyways i started the engine, and this one sounded real smooth, even on revving it hard at arnd 6 k rpm, it sounded real smooth.

I started my ride, the ride position is nice and not uncomfy, your don't have to reach for the handles and hence you don't have to lean forward and hence your upper body weight is not transferred on to your shoulders. This was a real plus.

Secondly the bike has real fat wheels, even fatter than the bull. It has good presence on the road and it grips very well.

This was just a short ride and hence I could not figure out more. But by the looks of it at 76500 (on road) this is a really good bike to buy.

Will keep you guys updated if I buy the same.

Cheers,
AC
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:13   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
hey that is almost Rs 14,000/- less than the ORP in Banglore..
Rs 14,000/- less

Hey that's a 0 (zero error), you mean Rs.1400/- less than bangalore price
ie., Rs.73400/- right
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:27   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Hi all,

I took a small test ride of the FZ 16.

Before i begin, let me tell you all that i currently ride a 350 bull. And this is the only bike (with regards to looks and brand) that has appealed to me after the bull.

I am also looking to buy a commuter bike as the bull is quite difficult to manage in traffic.

The bike looks very good, I liked the black one but it looks too much like a pulsar in that col. Anyways i started the engine, and this one sounded real smooth, even on revving it hard at arnd 6 k rpm, it sounded real smooth.

I started my ride, the ride position is nice and not uncomfy, your don't have to reach for the handles and hence you don't have to lean forward and hence your upper body weight is not transferred on to your shoulders. This was a real plus.

Secondly the bike has real fat wheels, even fatter than the bull. It has good presence on the road and it grips very well.

This was just a short ride and hence I could not figure out more. But by the looks of it at 76500 (on road) this is a really good bike to buy.

Will keep you guys updated if I buy the same.

Cheers,
AC
Which dealer in mumbai did you go to as I would like to have a TD too if possible ?
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:36   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Rs 14,000/- less

Hey that's a 0 (zero error), you mean Rs.1400/- less than bangalore price
ie., Rs.73400/- right
I wish i had made that error @ junky..the ORP in Banglore for the FZ 16 is estimated to be Rs 86,000/-
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:12   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
I wish i had made that error @ junky..the ORP in Banglore for the FZ 16 is estimated to be Rs 86,000/-
Hey Guys, the OTR in Blr is 74999/-
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:11   #128
BHPian

@ uday - you are right, cross checked with Perfect riders, and Pacer

OTR price bangalore is 75k

@ RuffRyder - check your sources buddy
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

I have one question:

Does this thing actually move as fast or, is it "all show no go" type? 14ps output is not bad, not scorcher as well. How would it fare against Apache RTR? And, if it's not as fast, does it have better FE than others?

I had been looking to upgrade my RX135 and Yamaha keeps on eluding all the time.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:41   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Does this thing actually move as fast or, is it "all show no go" type? 14ps output is not bad, not scorcher as well.
C'mon RX - your bike is probably faster than this one even though it is a few years old.

Even a dozen-year-old (or more!) TVS Suzuki Supra developed 14 bhp (not PS) - without the additional weight of all the decorative stuff this bike needs to look fast.

Its sad to see the motorcycling scene today where we're being offered 'fast' bikes that develop the same kind of power that we were used to a couple of generations ago. There has been no progress whatsoever - a well-tuned 20-year-old Roadking will still beat the pants off the "fear the black" thing that seems to be the hot favourite now.

I'm quite disillusioned to see Yamaha bringing in these hot-looking but underpowered econobikes when we were looking forward to some really exciting bikes from their stable.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd September 2008 at 12:45.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:46   #131
BANNED

For oldies like me its not a choice but for newbies yes you guys can have a looks at Yams now, first class quality and finish, always top speed and 0-60 figures dosent matters.For performance they have something else in their history and may be in near future.
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:51   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
C'mon RX - your bike is probably faster than this one even though it is a few years old.

Even a dozen-year-old (or more!) TVS Suzuki Supra developed 14 bhp (not PS) - without the additional weight of all the decorative stuff this bike needs to look fast.

Its sad to see the motorcycling scene today where we're being offered 'fast' bikes that develop the same kind of power that we were used to a couple of generations ago. There has been no progress whatsoever - a well-tuned 20-year-old Roadking will still beat the pants off the "fear the black" thing that seems to be the hot favourite now.

I'm quite disillusioned to see Yamaha bringing in these hot-looking but underpowered econobikes when we were looking forward to some really exciting bikes from their stable.
Steer, what you seem to forget is that bikes like the Supra and Roadking are relics of a bygone era. These two strokers can not and should not be compared to modern 4 strokers.

while i agree that yamaha could have offered more power on the bikes (FZ and YZF), the question is -how many would go for these bikes.

india is even today a "mileage kya hai" market. When I went to check out the Fz yesterday, there were four other people checking it out at the same time and the first question they asked the exec was "boss, mileage kya hai?' and pat came the reply -Saar 50 KPL.

when the exec came to me, the first thing he told me was that this is a 14 PS bike giving 50KPL. when i told him that i do not care for mileage, he looked at me as if i come from another planet.

so yamaha is going after numbers by giving a bike withh performance similar to its peers, good economy (sic) and in a stunning loking and well finished pacakge.

IMHO, they have for once read the market spot on, and Kudos to them. one can wish for the moon, but has to face ground realities as well.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:23   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hey Guys, the OTR in Blr is 74999/-
75K OTR....

I thought that this bike would be priced at sub 70K levels. At this cost, why would'nt anyone with a right mind buy a RTR eFi!!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:38   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I totally agree with you, e.g the original RX 100, a scorching 2 stroke engine, which loved to be thrashed, the legendary Rd 350 with 32 BHP.

But see the change 5 years back if someone said spend 5 lacs on a hatchback, one would have said, hes mad, but today 5 lacs for a decent hatchback is agreed accepted up on.

Same with bikes, we had the legends the Royals, the Yezdis, the Yamahas, but then came the japs with the smaller engines and promising great F.E. I still remember the Splendour commercial 'Fill it, shut it, forget it'. But bro the times are slowly slowly changing, today the norm is 125 cc engines and not the 95 cc puny ones.

And trust me you, in 5 years from now the so-called performance bikes will be pedestrian, and new technology will flow in.

Having said so, I am soo happy that yamaha has finally woken to up reality. Am glad they are dumping the 'econo' mode and going back to what they best at : Making Fast bikes. And even you will agree the R-15 is a class apart (considering the current lot) and the FZ 16 is better than any 150 cc bike.

The future is bright, the future is 'fast'

cheers,
AC
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Which dealer in mumbai did you go to as I would like to have a TD too if possible ?
Go To 'excellent' motors: he is based in Andheri east : his no is 09820040348. but there is a 1 month waiting for this bike even on 100 % cash payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks