Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 11:49   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Looks like I have been the lucky one of the lot,
They offered me test drive, and I drove it, I just can't recollect how the engine sounded, you see this seems to be important esp with that new kind of looking canister. The fuel tank was humongous.

The digital console didn't work so I just cannot say any thing about it,

I dont know anything about the Yamaha's test drive procedure but I remember my test drive bike was given without key but the self motor cranked and the kickerless bike came to life spontaneously.

upon receipt he said "WELCOME TO YAMAHA".

I liked the bike I booked it. My Yamaha booking ID is I-162404.
It sure wasnt a demo bike.

That was courteous of him to greet you saying so.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:54   #227
BHPian

Guys what's on road price in Delhi and when the delivery will start. Really liked this one and thought I should go for it after a long long time. Still remember my Rx-100 (my first love).
Old 11th October 2008, 14:52   #228
BHPian

@ pulsarmaniac : thanks, and dont worry I promise a lengthy post after the delivery.

@ Jkdas : You wouldn't know how I felt when he said those words, I just cannot express my feelings

@ sam : the official delivery will commence from 15th Oct, and since bookings were open some time ago, guess one will have to wait before getting the hand on it. The bike is 73500 On road CBE, you can expect it to be little cheaper in Delhi.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 11th October 2008 at 14:55.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:16   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
hey guys if the tank of this bike is dummy, then what in the world is the whole lot of space used for? does it have storage space for gloves like tvs flame. must be havin space for more than just gloves if the whole tank is dummy.its confusing. if the fuel tank is in the centre below the seat,then is there enough space for a 14-15 litre fuel tank?
I believe only the tank arches are dummy plastic. The tank is in the middle i.e. like in all other bike petrol tanks. The only diff here are the plastic arches that are fixed on the sides of the Petrol tank to give it the nasty look.
Old 13th October 2008, 18:00   #230
BHPian

it has been called the lord of the streets.but how in the world can one decide whether it is true or not without the test drive. its very surprising to know that yamaha cannot afford even a single test vehicle.people may buy the bike initially in excitement and some trust but for how long?atleast i wont shell out 75k for a bike i have never ridden. the company needs to know that here in india this cannot go on for a long time.i hope yamaha wakes up soon
Old 14th October 2008, 01:26   #231
BHPian

Anybody got deliveries??
Old 14th October 2008, 18:24   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Anybody got deliveries??
I believe the first lot would be here by this weekend.
Old 14th October 2008, 22:06   #233
BHPian

Uday its nice to see that you already added the bike to your signature !!
Old 16th October 2008, 11:31   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Uday its nice to see that you already added the bike to your signature !!
Yes Ranjith..the dealer has promised me a bike from the first lot and hence the signature
Old 16th October 2008, 12:58   #235
BHPian

its great to hear that, what is your booking ID ?(if you dont mind) Heard that they following things in some sort of centralised system. Since I booked few days later to the booking open date I think I will miss the first lot.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:44   #236
BHPian

Quote:
its great to hear that, what is your booking ID ?(if you dont mind) Heard that they following things in some sort of centralised system. Since I booked few days later to the booking open date I think I will miss the first lot.
No issues Ranjith - my booking ID is I-160441.
Old 20th October 2008, 09:34   #237
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just saw FZ16 in flesh on Saturday in showroom. I gotta say it's damn hot. My views the best ever designed 150 (3)cc bike in India. I'm flattered, cheers for Yamaha
Old 20th October 2008, 14:17   #238
BHPian

Deliveries have started in Indore !!!

Deliveries of FZ 16 have started in indore. Saw a couple of them on the road and as I was crossing the showroom saw a couple more being delievered and all. Loved the look in flesh, so went inside and met the salesman. He was giving "Gyan" to a potential client about the bike. When I was alone with the sales man, I floored the salesman with my knowledge about the bike ( All thanks to Team Bhp cheers. He offered a TD and I agreed instantly.

First Impressions.

Black colour looked stunning, but, so did the orange. Red would be my last preference.

Got to TD for a small distance with one sharp turn but no traffic free area.
Sound is Niceeee, and bike just looked heavy, it is much easier to handel than P150 and the lot. The seating position is good and I think it should be comfortable for long journeys, but somehow I did not feel too great with my legs spread so much beacause of the beefy tank.
Got to accelarate it for a small distance and it is nothing much to talk home about.
In all loved the package and in Indore the OTR price is 72,500. Not bad for that amount I would say. Am I planning to buy the bike. well I surely will once the sensex again touches 15K ...
Old 20th October 2008, 19:04   #239
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone who had a TD for FZ16 ridden a P200? Yam R15 isn't exactly a sales chart topper going by the number of them i see on the roads. But it has no serious parallels to compare so let it rest. FZ16 may be a looker but for what it offers, is a 10k premium over Apache justified? Also, does it swing the pendulum away from the P200 which, for the same price, offers more power, better (or rather easier) after sales and has been around for long long now? Also, the P220 now i believe can be yours for 8k more than FZ16. For 75k, it better deserve the premium apart of stunning looks!
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:21   #240
BHPian

Test drive may be available soon

Today there was a promotion campaign for Yamaha Gladiator in our University campus in Cochin. And FZ16, R 15 and Fazer 1000 was for display. The test drive was only for Gladiator. But when I talked with the showroom guys, they said that Yamaha have agreed to supply two 'test drive' bikes (fz16) in every main showrooms within a week or two. So hope we all can have a test drive before any decision.
And for those who booked the bike already, it will never be a bad decision. One of my friend who is a company mechanic, gave me a very good report about the bike (fz16) and its a dependable source. He also added that there is already a high number of bookings in their showroom alone and the availability is less.
The delivery started in Cochin already and the on-road price is ~72000.
Below I have attached some pictures of the orange fz16 which was on display.
And the things I noticed on fz16:
pros:
  • The seating position is good and the wide handle bar will offer very relaxed position and a great handling.
  • Quality of parts are very good (on its first look!).
  • Normally we don't need to spend money on modification for this kind of a bike. Very much FZ1 like. The fazer 1000 was on display nearby and many design elements were similar. Especially the handlebar, tank, exhaust, etc.
  • Hope the mono shock in the rear will be very efficient on Indian roads.
  • The exhaust pipe 'rocks'.
cons:
  • The muscle cover on the petrol tank is of some good quality plastic. But it could be damaged easily. Hope Yamaha will hold this spare part price less.
  • The meter console is hardly legible in day light.
  • The rear seat is very narrow and 'side seated' pillion rider is not entertained.
  • The 'saree guard' should be removed (personal opinion)
  • The gear lever has only front footed operation and the length of the lever is less. So gear operation with thicker shoes (trekking like) will be a tough job.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-image024.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-image025.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-image026.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-image028.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-image027.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks