Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 17:51   #211
Senior - BHPian

my choice of the bike and its color. i previously had splendour and CBZ.

this F16 (Fz16) is making me switch from Hero/Honda to yamaha!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-colour_fz16_p2.jpg  

Old 6th October 2008, 00:17   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
this F16 (Fz16) is making me switch from Hero/Honda to yamaha!
hero honda and yamaha ? no offense mate but its like comparing apples with oranges.

for those in doubt , before a purchase get a test ride. if refused , DO NOT buy. wait for the test ride. anyway in a few months the price will drop . lol.

but from what ive heard frm a friend who rides a ported RX and RD . the fz16 is supposedly a TORQUE BOMB ( haha i know , it sounds funny ) but he was serious. says it will easily take a p180. handling is also awesome and real street fighter in term of flickability , brakes , feedback and handling.

makes good power till 7.5k . so basic aim was initial and midrange. for the top enders and the real knee scrappers there is the R15. like i said this is what ive heard frm a trusted source. get a test ride before u believe it.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th October 2008 at 12:23.
Old 6th October 2008, 01:21   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post

but from what ive heard frm a friend who rides a ported RX and RD . the fz16 is supposedly a TORQUE BOMB ( haha i know , it sounds funny ) but he was serious. says it will easily take a p180. handling is also awesome and real street fighter in term of flickability , brakes , feedback and handling.

makes good power till 7.5k . so basic aim was initial and midrange. for the top enders and the real knee scrappers there is the R15. like i said this is what ive heard frm a trusted source. get a test ride before u believe it.
ask him to wite a review here. I can't believe ppl saying yamaha is back with a bang, they don't have a authorised dealer in navi mumbai and on top of it don't even offer a TD. How do they expect to be back.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th October 2008 at 12:24. Reason: even indirect usage of abusive words in not allowed, please take car in future
Old 6th October 2008, 09:23   #214
Senior - BHPian

The rear tyre is really wide, and with grippy rubber, its going to ride as if on the proverbial rails. The wide handlebar and mono shock give you the impression of being on a BMX bike. This is the bike which you could learn to wheelie and stoppie on. Looks like not too much of a deal even if you drop it. The meters are also fine, the yellow back lit lights make it convenient to read the meters in the day time, and the engine kill switch is a real boon. Can switch off the bike at the lights and save so much of fuel, even in traffic jams. To really stretch it, can switch it off on declines too, though not recommended, but while on the highway and going a long distance, it works
Old 6th October 2008, 15:18   #215
BHPian

Spoke with my dealer today. He says deliveries'll commence only after 15th Oct pan India.
In that case, me buyin it is a distinct possibility coz of my legacy (or call it idiocy) of buyin new vehicles only on Dussera, lest I can convince meself of buyin it on other days as well.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:27   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
lol hope this one doesnt fall apart like the good old Bajaj's do after 5-6 years
Assuming that Yamaha still builds their bikes like they used to 10 years back, I can vouch that this bike will last much longer than just 5 years. My RX is as solid as it was 10 years back. (I mean, the suspension is as bad as it was 10 years back )

But then again, Yamaha also made those crappy Crux-ABCD..Z bikes.
Old 6th October 2008, 20:31   #217
BHPian

Hi guys I booked my bike, I took the test drive and I got my booking Id as an SMS from Yamaha too;

Well, I was very impressed with the bike during the test drive. It had some straight line speed, considering the fact of its humongous rear tire I thought it would be slow, the digital console wasn't working for me to check how it works. The only worry is the fuel figures they claim, I don't think it will be very efficient.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:50   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
hero honda and yamaha ? no offense mate but its like comparing apples with oranges.

for those in doubt , before a purchase get a test ride. if refused , DO NOT buy. wait for the test ride. anyway in a few months the price will drop . lol.

i said Hero/Honda, i never said Hero-Honda!
Old 7th October 2008, 20:16   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Hi guys I booked my bike, I took the test drive and I got my booking Id as an SMS from Yamaha too;

Well, I was very impressed with the bike during the test drive. It had some straight line speed, considering the fact of its humongous rear tire I thought it would be slow, the digital console wasn't working for me to check how it works. The only worry is the fuel figures they claim, I don't think it will be very efficient.

Strange..!! they offered you a test ride..
In this part of India they simply deny having the key to the bike when asked for a TD..
Sad part is R15s are still selling without TDs...
Old 9th October 2008, 02:39   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised you got a test drive. I dropped by the Yamaha Showroom (Pacer Motors) in Bangalore and to my surprise that they do *not* offer a test ride for either the FZ16 / R15.

I personally like the looks of the FZ16, but I feel it may be a tad underpowered. I would have immediately picked up an R15 but it is a little small for me.

When I asked how he expects me to hand him 1.15L without a test ride, he told me it was Yamaha's instructions! I told him that I'll write to Yamaha - His answer was 'Sir, Please write to Yamaha. We are having problems not giving test rides too' - I hope this is not true. I'll write to Yamaha and see if I can get any feedback.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:50   #221
BHPian

Looks like I have been the lucky one of the lot,
They offered me test drive, and I drove it, I just can't recollect how the engine sounded, you see this seems to be important esp with that new kind of looking canister. The fuel tank was humongous.

The digital console didn't work so I just cannot say any thing about it, I should first confess that I ain't actually a biker boy and this is the reason I did not pen down how my test drive was at the first instance itself, I use a CT 100 occasionally, my next most frequently driven bike would be Unicorn and also I would say the engine sounded better than the Unicorn.

I didn't feel the bike was underpowered, maybe it was the gearing trick. In fact I was expecting the same as the rear section is 140mm wide its is just 15 mm less of what I have in my Santro but the bike seemed to be really capable and I felt it very stable and composed.

I dont know anything about the Yamaha's test drive procedure but I remember my test drive bike was given without key but the self motor cranked and the kickerless bike came to life spontaneously. When I went to my show room the delearship manger introduced me to one more guy whom he introduced saying just SIR (whom I think is from Yamaha based on his attire), and he kept saying things about the bike to me. He very politely collected the cheque from me as my bank ATM went out of service and upon receipt he said "WELCOME TO YAMAHA".
I liked the bike I booked it. My Yamaha booking ID is I-162404.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 10th October 2008 at 23:54.
Old 11th October 2008, 01:06   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I have been the lucky one of the lot,
They offered me test drive, and I drove it, I just can't recollect how the engine sounded, you see this seems to be important esp with that new kind of looking canister. The fuel tank was humongous.

The digital console didn't work so I just cannot say any thing about it, I should first confess that I ain't actually a biker boy and this is the reason I did not pen down how my test drive was at the first instance itself, I use a CT 100 occasionally, my next most frequently driven bike would be Unicorn and also I would say the engine sounded better than the Unicorn.

I didn't feel the bike was underpowered, maybe it was the gearing trick. In fact I was expecting the same as the rear section is 140mm wide its is just 15 mm less of what I have in my Santro but the bike seemed to be really capable and I felt it very stable and composed.

I dont know anything about the Yamaha's test drive procedure but I remember my test drive bike was given without key but the self motor cranked and the kickerless bike came to life spontaneously. When I went to my show room the delearship manger introduced me to one more guy whom he introduced saying just SIR (whom I think is from Yamaha based on his attire), and he kept saying things about the bike to me. He very politely collected the cheque from me as my bank ATM went out of service and upon receipt he said "WELCOME TO YAMAHA".
I liked the bike I booked it. My Yamaha booking ID is I-162404.
you have been more than lucky to have booked the fz16. please post the pics as soon as you get it delivered. i am thinking of getting a r15 myself in the beginning of 2009. happy riding
Old 11th October 2008, 03:17   #223
BHPian

nice. yamaha needs to get its act together for not giving test rides. that is just not acceptable. u DO get test rides if ur into the riding community and u know a few riders , tuners , etc in your city. but cant yamaha atleast keep 1 test vehicle of each model and offer a test ride to prospective buyers ? yamaha should know that in this country , ads and auto mag reviews arnt enough to sell a motorcycle. word of mouth is what matters and what better way to do that then impress people with a test ride ? its just pathetic if they cant offer the same. even bajaj's roller thingy is better than no test ride .

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 11th October 2008 at 03:20.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:12   #224
BHPian

I am finding it unacceptable to take a bike without a test ride. Otherwise I would have picked up an R15 earlier. Bajaj offers test drives on P220. May be I should just pick it up...

Does anyone know how to contact Yamaha? Any email ids, please?
Old 11th October 2008, 11:26   #225
BHPian

hey guys if the tank of this bike is dummy, then what in the world is the whole lot of space used for? does it have storage space for gloves like tvs flame. must be havin space for more than just gloves if the whole tank is dummy.its confusing. if the fuel tank is in the centre below the seat,then is there enough space for a 14-15 litre fuel tank?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks