Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:13   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hey in the pics below, the orange FZ16 has a black cowl at the back. That is very unusual, the bike was fully orange when I saw it. Guess it can be a LEGO kind of bike, black, red and orange as you like it, and sometimes all of them!
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:37   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Hey in the pics below, the orange FZ16 has a black cowl at the back. That is very unusual, the bike was fully orange when I saw it. Guess it can be a LEGO kind of bike, black, red and orange as you like it, and sometimes all of them!
I haven't seen the orange yet but the red one I saw was similar to this only. The cowl is always black no matter what ever the color is ? Are you sure you saw a fully orange bike ? I doubt that !!
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:34   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Hey in the pics below, the orange FZ16 has a black cowl at the back. That is very unusual, the bike was fully orange when I saw it.
The pre-production bike photos that were going around were completely Red, but the spy photos and the bike actually launched have all had a black cowl at the back with a black strip running on the tank cover.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 14:20. Reason: fixed quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:04   #244
Senior - BHPian

Saw the first bike on road yesterday evening, it was not registered. looks tight and compact.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 15:06. Reason: removed extra dots, avoid dotty posts
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:53   #245
BANNED

so i saw the orange one last night and the red one today. the blokes riding these things think they are on some 600 or 1000cc bikes, zooming and styling around. red looks hot so does orange im tempted to buy for diwali must stay away from yamaha showrooms
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:27   #246
BHPian

Delivery started my dealer said that my day is on Monday I am just thinking how to pass this week end.

I will be taking the bike but I can drive it without registration for some days right ? to be precise about 8-9 days. There wont be cop trouble na ?

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 23rd October 2008 at 20:29.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:08   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Delivery started my dealer said that my day is on Monday I am just thinking how to pass this week end.

I will be taking the bike but I can drive it without registration for some days right ? to be precise about 8-9 days. There wont be cop trouble na ?
Thats great Ranjith, my dealer is registering the bike tomorrow, so should have it by evening. :-)
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:42   #248
BHPian

Deliveries have started in Bangalore too. I saw about 12 FZ16s for registration / deliver in Pacer Motors Bangalore.

The Orange FZ was HOT!
Old 24th October 2008, 11:32   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Thats great Ranjith, my dealer is registering the bike tomorrow, so should have it by evening. :-)
I test drove the demo bike, it fell into false neutral I am skeptical about that or may be the root of the problem is because the demo bike has been abused by a lot of prospective buyers ? hope it is not the same with all the bikes

My dealer is saying the registration may take up to a week since they didnt get some document with the RTO. I can drive it for 1 week w/o registering na ?

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 24th October 2008 at 11:33.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:10   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
My dealer is saying the registration may take up to a week since they didnt get some document with the RTO. I can drive it for 1 week w/o registering na ?
Without registration and insurance the bike is not to be used on public roads. It's illegal. But you can use the bike on public roads if the bike has a temporary registration which is valid for the intended duration. Insurance is a must.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:10   #251
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted a Black FZ on my way to work off Silk Board junction, Bangalore.

Man oh man it looks like a mini-sbk from the back. The exhaust is too beautiful.The low profile of the rear tyre looks scary though!

Looks yammy got the back side of the FZ right and the front of the R15 right!

But this definitely has to be best looking 150cc bike in the segement, RTR just lost its no#1 position.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:19   #252
BHPian

i saw a black one yesterday in my college. some junior has bought it. the rear tyre looks huge.definitely the best looking 150 in India. the tank looks huger than it appears in the pics.the bike is a dasher for sure.will inquire about the performance with the owner.
Old 24th October 2008, 21:28   #253
BHPian

Brought home the Black beast

D day arrived today and got the black beast home.

Here are some first riding impressions : very refined - at standstill it is difficult to realise the engine is on, but twist the throttle and as it approaches 4K, the roar of the engine brings on a smile. Acceleration is smooth and the brakes are excellent.

Handling is great - thanx to the huge tyres and wide handlebars. The hand grips could have been better though - might need to go in for a handle grip.

Contrary to some of the impressions given earlier, the speedo console is quite easily readable - at least in the evening...need to check it out in the morning tomorrow.

Seating space even with the pillion is sufficient.

Overall build quality in the production bike is excellent.

At the dealer could see quite a few smiles plastered on the faces of the new owners. Will be back with more riding impressions over the next couple of days.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:17   #254
BHPian

I saw two black Fz on road today in the heavy rains.
The bike not only looked awesome & seemed to have very good grip as the riders were doing 80KMPH on southend Road with heavy rain falling.

Sorry couldn't take pics as it was raining heavily and i was driving.

Its without doubt the best and complete looking Bike in India at present.

YAMMY is Back.
Old 25th October 2008, 07:46   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Without registration and insurance the bike is not to be used on public roads. It's illegal. But you can use the bike on public roads if the bike has a temporary registration which is valid for the intended duration. Insurance is a must.
Now I am wondering whether the bike will come with temp registration. All dealers will get the bike temp registered right prior to the real one right ?

@Uday: Did you get the bike registered ?

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 25th October 2008 at 07:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks