Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 17:23   #166
NitinGirish

R15 looks much better than FZ16. FZ16, well my last post expressing my opinion regarding it looks was deleted. FZ16 looks tacky/cheesy/crude. I dont know why everybody is obssessed with R15's rear though. I like it in the front

But on a more serious note though, fellow BHPian RX135's view is spot on. Its just trying to grab a piece of Pulsar/Unicorn market. However, Yamaha is late by 5yrs atleast. And yes, in retrospect like RX135 said, they did seem to be one step behind the market and competiton. Brilliant analysis RX135.

But the good news is Yamaha seems to be taking its performance biker image tad seriously now.

Old 24th September 2008, 19:02   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
No, leg guard is not mandatory in India, most people think it is. Saree guard is mandatory.

I want to see where they're gonna put the mandatory front number plate on the FZ. The only place that looks like having enough space for the number plate is the gap between the headlamp and the speedo console..
even the R1 and the MT 01 have saaree guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
R15 looks much better than FZ16. FZ16, well my last post expressing my opinion regarding it looks was deleted. FZ16 looks tacky/cheesy/crude. I dont know why everybody is obssessed with R15's rear though. I like it in the front

But the good news is Yamaha seems to be taking its performance biker image tad seriously now.
@nitin these are personal opinions: If one asks me I believe the FZ 16 is not at all tacky, as they have use high graded moulded plastic for the tank (which again is a dual layered tank) and the front mud guard. Crude ? it is supposed to be a 'naked bike'.

anyways i am also very happy to see Yamaha getting back in its stride, and giving the Indian Customer real good bikes.

cheers
AC

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th September 2008 at 14:38.
Old 25th September 2008, 04:49   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
FZ16 looks tacky/cheesy/crude.
?????????????? Any explanations please
Old 25th September 2008, 08:57   #169
BHPian

Autocar Anniversary edition had a page with scoop pictures

it says.. the tank itself is dummy while the actual fuel reservoir is at the center of gravity of the bike??

Can any one confirm it or did i read it wrong?
Old 25th September 2008, 09:27   #170
NitinGirish

@renu

How do I 'explain' it? I just dont like the way it looks. Thats all. I am generally averse too anything thats too big and in-you-face.

Old 25th September 2008, 09:44   #171
Senior - BHPian

I'm the only bloke in the whole world who has not seen the FZ in the flesh. Must remedy that this weekend :-)
Old 25th September 2008, 13:15   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I'm the only bloke in the whole world who has not seen the FZ in the flesh. Must remedy that this weekend :-)
Dont worry.. I am in the same boat too... Had been really tied up at work this week... Planning for a darshan this weekend
Old 25th September 2008, 14:39   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he tank itself is dummy while the actual fuel reservoir is at the center of gravity of the bike??
Well its not dummy but yes what you see as bulky is actually just plastic the tank is at center & shoulders are all plastic
Old 25th September 2008, 16:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

I just saw it this afternoon - its much better proportioned than the R15, which looks quite weird. The tank actually looks good - and the rear, while a little overdone - doe not lose the plot. The side panels, otoh, look a tad - perhaps not tacky but at least not in synch with the rest of the bike's quality. Very very good package, overall - though I daresay the ZMA/P200/200 guys aren't going to be wondering if they should've waited.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:46   #175
BHPian

Just got hold of BikeIndia october issue which carried a full road test of FZ-16. The bike has best performance and handling in 150cc class. 0-60 in 5.5 sec and 0-80 in 11.5 sec. The hadling is so great that you can cut through the traffic without much fuss. A great bike for stunters too, with lightweight body, good lower and mid torque, and wider tires for stability.

All in all, a fun bike that begs you to ride through traffic.. The city mileage is just over 40 kmpl. A true top whack of 112 (118 on speedo) is achieved.

The bike is not suitable for highway (compared to the current lot tourers).

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 25th September 2008 at 18:47.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

Well guys i got a request. Could anyone please put up the prices of 3 bikes here. I want the on road prices of
1. pulsar150
2. Apache RTR and also rtr fi
3. FZ16

I am in support of the fz16 but my friend feels its expensive so it would be nice if i had an idea on the prices. Thanks in advance
Old 25th September 2008, 21:51   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post

The bike is not suitable for highway (compared to the current lot tourers).
Any particular reason stated? Heavy on shoulders? Straight line stability?

What do they reckon about it's build quality?
Old 25th September 2008, 22:26   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Any particular reason stated? Heavy on shoulders? Straight line stability?

What do they reckon about it's build quality?
+1 on that...what is the exact reason that they mentioned that the bike would not be good for higway rides??
Old 26th September 2008, 09:37   #179
NitinGirish

@Maddy42

Pulsar-I dont know
RTR Fi- Rs.75000/- On road (Delhi/NCR 5-8k lesser)
FZ16- Rs. 65000/- ex-showroom (on road will be 75k approx)

Unsolicited Advice- If you can bear FZ16 looks, choosing it over RTR Fi would make sense. For one and only reason-Yamaha's reliability. RTR Fi, I read on orkut, has an issue in 2500-3000RPM power band. Apparently, there is lack of acceleration in that range (like as if bike has gone into reserve mode). Besides, tappet noise.

Just my two cents. Happy biking

Old 26th September 2008, 09:46   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
+1 on that...what is the exact reason that they mentioned that the bike would not be good for higway rides??
The TD was done in Goa during the launch and they have said it is very good in cornering due to its well weighted proportions and gives you the confidence to push it to its limits. Aspi says even a novice would be made to feel like an experienced rider due to its excellent handling.

They say that the straight line stability is not as great as its cornering abilities and hence not good for highway rides.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks