Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 11:04   #181
Senior - BHPian

Pulsar pricing anyone. Well the looks vary from dfferent peoples point of view.
I love the look of the old cbz but the handling of teh pulsar was amazing...rtr has supposedly a difficult ridin stance but th numbers are favorable to it. Only problem is the number of people up noth dont prefer tvs
Old 26th September 2008, 14:25   #182
Senior - BHPian

Pune Pricing:

P150 - 61xxx
P180 - 66xxx
Hunk - 64xxx
RTR Carb- 67501(yellow color deduce 1100 for other colors)
RTR Fi - 76822
FZ16- 73xxx was expected but could be 74xxx too
P200- 75xxx
Old 26th September 2008, 14:34   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Pulsar pricing anyone. Well the looks vary from dfferent peoples point of view.
I love the look of the old cbz but the handling of teh pulsar was amazing...rtr has supposedly a difficult ridin stance but th numbers are favorable to it. Only problem is the number of people up noth dont prefer tvs
Buddy, so many typos? Your post is almost unreadable! Are you typing from a mobile?

Last edited by Proxima : 26th September 2008 at 14:35.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:43   #184
Senior - BHPian

Am thinking of a 2nd bike, which one from here would be the best option..would want to use for touring purpose also...

RTR Fi - 76822
P200- 75xxx
ZMA-???
Old 26th September 2008, 15:27   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Am thinking of a 2nd bike, which one from here would be the best option..would want to use for touring purpose also...

RTR Fi - 76822
P200- 75xxx
ZMA-???
If you're looking for touring then its gotta be the ZMA, coz the rest of the lot are nervous short stroke motors (no idea about the FZ), which are not a particularly interesting to ride on long rides.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:30   #186
Senior - BHPian

@Proxima am really sorry was typing from work with my manager hovering around.

Basically its not a killer pricing as its difficult to convince the mass audience over why they shoulld spend the 15k's more just for the styling. I remember it was difficult to get my dad to get me the pulsar when he was stuck on the ct100. Lets see the sales figures after november.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:09   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Just got hold of BikeIndia october issue which carried a full road test of FZ-16.
Me too read it today. All I can say about the test is 'I'm disappointed', not with the FZ, but with the test reports content. Our auto journos get derailed sometimes from quality in the quest to do another 'Exclusive' or 'First' content. Sometimes I feel I should stop spending these 150-200 bucks on auto magazines. But...!!
The test again looks like an approximation being made after a short stint on the bike. Nowhere was it mentioned about the kms the bike had clocked before being tested. This even shows when there's no mention about the fuel efficiency in the report barring Stats section.
There's hardly any detail about the engine apart from the words 'similar to Gladiator platform'.
We get much better insights from our T-BHPians.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:22   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Me too read it today. All I can say about the test is 'I'm disappointed', not with the FZ, but with the test reports content. Our auto journos get derailed sometimes from quality in the quest to do another 'Exclusive' or 'First' content. Sometimes I feel I should stop spending these 150-200 bucks on auto magazines.
I read it too. And like you i'm also disappointed with the report. The write up was mostly about praising the product rather than presenting us with the facts and a honest opinion.

And regarding not suited for the highway part, i have only this to say: It's will be as good if not better as any other normal 150cc bike on the highways. Comparing it with the Karizma and saying it's not good ain't fair.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:36   #189
Senior - BHPian

One thing which puzzles is that, this bike is supposed to have best-in-class handling, but does not have straight line stability, and hence, unsuitable on highways

I am not understanding physics behind this.

I am surprised that even on T-BHP, the discussion is revolving around how good the bike looks and if tacho should have been 2 mm wider or should there be chrome finish on tip of footrest. No talk of its handling or engine performance (other than hearsay).

If end user is paying 10K premium on this bike, what special does it have in offer? It is no patch on perfomance of RTR-FI. Having owned Yamaha for a decade, I know, FE is not its forte.

Handling, reliability and build quality are strong points of Yamaha, but almost 10K premium for this bike? hmmm....
Old 26th September 2008, 23:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
One thing which puzzles is that, this bike is supposed to have best-in-class handling, but does not have straight line stability, and hence, unsuitable on highways

I am not understanding physics behind this.

I am surprised that even on T-BHP, the discussion is revolving around how good the bike looks and if tacho should have been 2 mm wider or should there be chrome finish on tip of footrest. No talk of its handling or engine performance (other than hearsay).....
Bikes with quick handling have steep steering head angle that gives quick turn-in but can lead to head-shake at high speeds. Can be solved by using a steering damper. Think Pulsar V1.

A good touring bike will have less steep angle but lazy turn-in.

Another factor could be the lack of a full fairing due to naked headlight theme and/or short gearing.
Old 27th September 2008, 08:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
MPower has cleared most of the basic things. In FZs case, who knows that it is really unsuitable on highways? I wont believe that BI test statement which is just an illusion drawn from the short wheelbase.

Quote:
I am surprised that even on T-BHP... No talk of its handling or engine performance (other than hearsay).
Probably lack of proper TDs have still kept us away from having our say.

Quote:
Handling, reliability and build quality are strong points of Yamaha, but almost 10K premium for this bike? hmmm....
Out of 10K somethin went for the tubeless radials as well, rest er.. hmm.. Festival bonus for Yamaha!!

Last edited by five46 : 27th September 2008 at 09:04.
Old 27th September 2008, 20:36   #192
Senior - BHPian

My FZ16 experience

Today I had the opportunity of seeing the FZ in the flesh.

• Amazing rear tyre. Really really wide and mouthwatering
  • Seating position in awesome. Once perched on top, it feels more like sitting on a trail bike. Feel so much in control and so very confidence inspiring. The monoshock is like an extension of your backbone
  • The bike is perfect. Can't think of any modification I would do to it. Its 100% right
  • Size is just right for the average guy. Much better looking than the competition
  • The digital display does not look too bad. How it would look under sun-light is still open to debate
  • The silencer is meaty. Really well shaped and appealing to the eye
Dislikes
  • Nothing actually
The show-room guy said the silencer was made of fibre, and it won't heat up at all, think that is a bluff. The tank does not look plasticy, in black, it looks like one piece.

Overall very nice bike. But i'll take the R15 anyday
Old 30th September 2008, 10:17   #193
BHPian

Any test ride reports posted on the web so far?
Zigwheels (Zigwheels.com) had promised to put in a full ride report last Friday, but not to be seen yet. Guess, its only BikeIndia who have written the report and in their paper mag. Not available online yet.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:37   #194
BHPian

I wonder how long the plastics on the tank would stay that way. Considering the weather in India (read harsh summers), wouldnt the plastics on the tank turn dull like the front fascia of an Old Kinetic Honda after a couple of years.
I really like the bike but am a little worried about the plastics on the tank.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:58   #195
BHPian

@f1fan
Ravi made a mention of the entire colored resin plastic panel set available for Rs. 1800/-. If this is true then that issue can be tackled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks