Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:37   #151
BHPian

Hopin to read a thorough test on it atleast if not able to get a TD(?)
Edit: Please ignore my earlier post, my mobile's web browser gone berserk!

Last edited by five46 : 23rd September 2008 at 01:47.
Old 23rd September 2008, 04:54   #152
BHPian

Hey,I booked the bike yesterday evening.The showroom guy said that it would take 3 weeks.I took a black coloured bike.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:00   #153
BHPian

I believe unlike the R15, the FZ16 would have a test drive bike. The TD bike is expected next week here in Blr. Feedback being taken and acted upon I suppose. :-)
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:07   #154
BHPian

Anyone who knows when the FZ 16 is gna come to Hyd for Test Drive. Need to get the feel of the bike before i can think about buying. Specs we can get from so many sources but the feel...we can only get it when we are riding it
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:00   #155
BHPian

There's a review posted on vicky.in automobile blog as well. But, none of these look like proper test drives, feels like the posts are on taking just the spec sheet or may be small TD...
Mods, can we make a poll on FZ16 v/s RTR-efi?
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:25   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
C'mon RX - your bike is probably faster than this one even though it is a few years old.

<snip>

I'm quite disillusioned to see Yamaha bringing in these hot-looking but underpowered econobikes when we were looking forward to some really exciting bikes from their stable.
Yes, I agree on both counts. My 10 year old RX135 does give run for money to all these macho looking 4-strokes. It lacks the grunt beyond 80-90, but till then it zooms past as good as any other. It's a tiny compact mean machine, which is absolute delight even after almost a decade.

Yamaha has been always a step behind others over last decade or so. It did an unsuccessful entry in 4-strokes with YBX. It was good bike, but got killed by more powerful and better looking CBZ quickly. And then, entry of P-150 killed all others. Instead of bringing this FZ-whatever that time, Yamaha kept on trying with ridiculous Crux-A-to-Z series. When Bajaj launched eliminator, Yamaha's answer was punny Enticer. Gladiator was better attempt, but the market has already moved from econo-bikes to more expensive/powerful 150cc commuter bikes.

With FZ-16, Yamaha probably is still doing catch up act with the rest. Why, this is the first 150cc bike launched by Yamaha, even though this segment has been evolving since last 7-8 years back. This bike, though looking good, doesn't have any edge over competitors either in terms of power or FE. Once the dust settles, it will meet same fate as gladiator.

R-15 is a class act, but again expensive for what it has in offer. I am sure, Bajaj or TVS will come up with similar alternatives at much lower cost.

Yamaha is known in India for performance and it better be good at that. R15 is good step towards that. FZ-16 is nothing but trying to get a small pie of growing market and increase the footprint.

To me, it's nothing but a placeholder.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:41   #157
BHPian

Which Looks Better?

Out of both the Yamaha's which one do you think looks better? I personally like the R15 for its sporty looks but the FZ16 looks good too, tough choice
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-yamahafz16r15.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2008, 23:19   #158
Senior - BHPian

WHen it comes to looks i would rate the FZ16 higher than the R15. R15 looks dashing from the front, but the rear section looks as if it belongs to a completely different motorcycle!

FZ's alloy wheels look much better thanks to it's slim jim spokes. R15's in comparison looks like an older design!
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:37   #159
BHPian

Just experienced the FZ, up close in the flesh. Awesome, for a bike that's actually attainable for most of us. In my opinion it's much better looking than the R15, as there's no physical/aesthetic mismatch of big body over small engine and relatively puny tyres that strikes you the first thing when you see an R15 in the flesh.
Also, has anybody noticed there's really no way to fit a leg guard on the FZ, I thought that was mandatory in India?
Old 24th September 2008, 00:03   #160
BHPian

My vote goes to FZ16 looks realy muscle any time
Old 24th September 2008, 00:07   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
Also, has anybody noticed there's really no way to fit a leg guard on the FZ, I thought that was mandatory in India?
No, leg guard is not mandatory in India, most people think it is. Saree guard is mandatory.

I want to see where they're gonna put the mandatory front number plate on the FZ. The only place that looks like having enough space for the number plate is the gap between the headlamp and the speedo console..

Last edited by Sankar : 24th September 2008 at 00:09.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:20   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I want to see where they're gonna put the mandatory front number plate on the FZ. The only place that looks like having enough space for the number plate is the gap between the headlamp and the speedo console..
i would put the front numberplate would be between the headlamp and the front mudgard or would have to do a sticker number plate like i used to have on my RD 350..(hope it would not catch the traffic cop's attention)
Old 24th September 2008, 00:21   #163
BHPian

from various photos on web, it is clear that they will put number plate in front of readout console, just above headlight
Old 24th September 2008, 09:22   #164
BHPian

Saw the FZ16 in person last evening at the Wakdewadi showroom in Pune. Looks muscular with the 140 section at the rear. A perfect replica of its big brother FZ1.

It has generated a lot of interest in buyers. The showroom was abuzz with activity and one could see the faces of the Yamaha sales people lit up all the time. Bookings were done on the spot by a lot of people. The salesguy mentioned that the FZ16 would be available for test ride early next month.

There were some people from Bajaj sales who visited the showroom to check out the bike in flesh.

Yamaha has surely caught the pulse of the biking community with two strategic launches in the past two months. Its time for the other manufacturers to catch up now.
Old 24th September 2008, 09:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes the number plate on the display vehicles here in Blr were between the headlamp and speedo, but the dealer said that he could fix it below the headlamp if I wanted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks