Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 19:44   #241
Senior - BHPian

I really doubt they would launch it here at this time. This looks like its here for thr Auto Expo. We will let it stay here until we here any confirmed news.
Old 16th August 2009, 11:08   #242
Senior - BHPian

The RE UCE500 to be launched in India will cost 1.3-1.4L and will be a carbed version. Launch will be after December '09. EFI versions will be launched later. This was told to me by a Pune distributor of RE spare parts.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 17th August 2009, 22:45   #243

to all you curios people the ans to most questions here is as simple as emailin the bullet sales guy
did so about 6 to 8 months ago when i saw the site
his ans was very simple
No this variant shall not come to india
there is another variant planned for india and bharat stage 3 emissions
its expected 2010 was all he was willin to commit in the email
Old 18th August 2009, 14:07   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The RE UCE500 to be launched in India will cost 1.3-1.4L and will be a carbed version. Launch will be after December '09. EFI versions will be launched later.
So we are getting the 500 UCE.

Read a review here -> Royal Enfield Electra EFI - Classic Motorcycle Guide - RealClassic.co.uk

The bike tested above is essentially the Bullet Classic without any makeup and an EFI with a choke

A good review and some things to look forward too. The author says its well build and the engine is responsive.

This will be the engine that we probably will get here with a carb. Dont think there will be much difference between carbed and EFI version in terms of power and torque.

Looks like my wait to get Bullet No 3 is going to get over soon
Old 18th August 2009, 14:17   #245
Senior - BHPian

wow nice... any idea when it might be launched and what is the expected price?

abhi, looks like even i found the bullet "#3"
Old 18th August 2009, 14:25   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So we are getting the 500 UCE.

Read a review here -> Royal Enfield Electra EFI - Classic Motorcycle Guide - RealClassic.co.uk

The bike tested above is essentially the Bullet Classic without any makeup and an EFI with a choke

A good review and some things to look forward too. The author says its well build and the engine is responsive.

This will be the engine that we probably will get here with a carb. Dont think there will be much difference between carbed and EFI version in terms of power and torque.

Looks like my wait to get Bullet No 3 is going to get over soon
Lohith and Spitfire,

Hopefully, you'll buy your UCE500s. But before that, the UCE also seems to be having a quality gremlin in the form of the third gear(cogs) breaking off. This has made Royal Enfield recall all(first batch to UK) the export UCE500s and fit them with defect free parts. So, on the whole, it has been beta tested by the Firangs yet again, much like the LB500. Apart from this issue, reviews for the UCE500FI have been very encouraging.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 18th August 2009, 14:33   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
wow nice... any idea when it might be launched and what is the expected price?
Diwali i guess, just spoke to the Goa dealer. Will try and get more information. Jay above says its a Dec 09 launch.

Now to wait.

Quote:
abhi, looks like even i found the bullet "#3"
Cheers, and i guess there are many more. I know of 2 other guys who would like to own a "better quality" Bullet over any other bike. And this looks very promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
But before that, the UCE also seems to be having a quality gremlin in the form of the third gear(cogs) breaking off. This has made Royal Enfield recall all(first batch to UK) the export UCE500s and fit them with defect free parts.
Oops i spoke too soon. If they sort it out before we put the money down it would be great.

And about firangs being used for testing. I think they will call a spade a spade and RE will get much better feedback from them.

If they do it here we will have people calling 3rd gear breakages as a Bullet thing and we did have to live with it.

RE has been smart in this. Good direction here.

Last edited by Spitfire : 18th August 2009 at 14:34.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:40   #248
Senior - BHPian

I Seriously feel that if this beauty is launched within 1.5L there will be a lot of takers.

But then again we need to see how much of what we see of the Classic(as posted in this thread) is retained in the Indian Version.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:20   #249
BHPian

If you look at the contact page - in the bottom it says that is is built to meet Euro standards and is available in Europe only.

Is there a 350 version of this?

Nattusbs
Old 25th September 2009, 18:42   #250
BHPian

I was going through the Bulletin Board of the Royal Enfield website. One guy has mentioned that the production of Machismo 500 LB has been stopped. Is this true?. If so are we looking at Bullet Classic launch this diwali?
Old 26th September 2009, 11:09   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I was going through the Bulletin Board of the Royal Enfield website. One guy has mentioned that the production of Machismo 500 LB has been stopped. Is this true?. If so are we looking at Bullet Classic launch this diwali?
Hey Diwa, i think the production has not been stopped, i just got mine and as far as i know about classic, they said they will be launching it in the first quarter of 2010. Machismo 500 is still very much available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattusbs View Post
If you look at the contact page - in the bottom it says that is is built to meet Euro standards and is available in Europe only.

Is there a 350 version of this?

Nattusbs
True it is meant to meet euro 3 standards and is available not only in Europe, but in other places also, like say US, Australia,New zealand etc.
There is no 350 version of it as far as i know and i think they might introduce it in india using the same Unit as in thunderbird with EFI though, as there might not be alot of takers for 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I Seriously feel that if this beauty is launched within 1.5L there will be a lot of takers.

But then again we need to see how much of what we see of the Classic(as posted in this thread) is retained in the Indian Version.

Hey techno, the speculated pricing from an inside source and even from the brandstore in bandra(mumbai) is 1.4 OTR, the only thing indianised might be a kick starter which is not available is the exported version ??
Old 26th September 2009, 11:32   #252
Senior - BHPian

My Bullet's mech is on training for last 1 week on the "Classic" in chennai, will get more info once he is back...
Old 26th September 2009, 12:34   #253
Senior - BHPian

Please keep us updated Lohith.

I learnt from my friend that Teknik motors bangalore has started accepting bookings for the bike. They are not accepting bookings for Machismo 500. The bike is scheduled to be launched in Dec -Feb 2009. The expected price is around 1.4 lakhs. My friend has already booked one.

A link to my friends blog.
PrabhuBravo - Tours on wheels: Bullet Classic in India

I need a tourer cum city bike and is contemplating buying one.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 26th September 2009 at 12:36.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:21   #254
BHPian

hey guys,

just called the brand store regarding the same..

they have also started accepting bookings for classic 500 . bookings for machismo have been stopped, I correct myself, so officially machismo 500 production has been stopped, though mashismo 350 will still be available. The guy said the necessary papers that have to be submitted to the transport commissioner for a new launch, seeking the permission have been submitted..so CLASSIC is just a pass away from the transport commissioner. They have also said that the bike will be launched in around march/april when they end their financial year, and the delivery will only start two months after the official launch.

The seats will be the one used in machismo 500 currently, not the split ones, which you see in the website, it will be an additional add on, and even the silencer is borrowed from the 500LB. It does have a kick starter like i said before unlike the export model and is expected to be around 1.35-1.4 OTR Mumbai.

Though i still do not take this as the word from the RE guys, but the thing is they are ready to unveil it in india.

P.S :- In mumbai My machismo 500LB is the second last before the booking stopped.

Last edited by blurust : 26th September 2009 at 13:24. Reason: Typo
Old 26th September 2009, 13:58   #255
Senior - BHPian

PatienceWins, sure sir

Yes it is expected to cost in that range, am very tempted to book one as per the mech he said the bike is really powerful... he was given the intial training on the "exports", guess today onwards he will have the Indian once..

But sad to know LB500 is stopped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Please keep us updated Lohith.

I learnt from my friend that Teknik motors bangalore has started accepting bookings for the bike. They are not accepting bookings for Machismo 500. The bike is scheduled to be launched in Dec -Feb 2009. The expected price is around 1.4 lakhs. My friend has already booked one.

A link to my friends blog.
PrabhuBravo - Tours on wheels: Bullet Classic in India

I need a tourer cum city bike and is contemplating buying one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks