Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 19:39   #361
BHPian

Congratulations Makesh,

I would be selling of my 1983 STD 350 and graduating to the classic 500 too.

Just waiting to get finances in place ; in the meanwhile I will look forward to a first hand report from your ride. My first preference will be a black too, and secondary is red (maroon).

Looking forward to you laying your hands on your ride (Nov end is too far but still worth the wait)

Last edited by mantrig : 20th October 2009 at 19:47.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:35   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
Thanks Throttleking, Black it is!
wohhhh!!! you are the man!!! Black looks stunning. Happy waiting, and to me too, as i am waiting for pics of your ride :P
Old 21st October 2009, 19:23   #363
BHPian

BIG news for November

Thats the Teaser from Bike India
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:35   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Can you please post some pics of this bike?
I went to my other office building yesterday for some work, but the bike wasn't there, so no pics. Sorry buddy!
Let me see when I go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Height
TBTS: 1080mm == 42.5 inches
Classic: 1050mm == 41.3 inches

Difference 1.2 inches. Matters?

You can surely go 19" on the wheels later i guess.
The Classic model I saw looks similar in height to the other pulsars and HH etc. But the other RE models like AVL 500, Electra etc 'stand out' in the parking lot. The classic stands out more coz of its damn good styling and not height

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Congratulations Makesh,

I would be selling of my 1983 STD 350 and graduating to the classic 500 too.
I think I should wait to pick up some good deals on other models first, classic can be picked up a couple of yrs down the line
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:02   #365
BHPian

I was at RE workshop day before yesterday.All the chief mechanics from Andhra Pradesh dealers were sent to Chennai for a 3 day training on CLASSIC and it's engine.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:34   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
I went to my other office building yesterday for some work, but the bike wasn't there, so no pics. Sorry buddy!
Let me see when I go again.
No problem Rahul, I am just trying to see the classic in real life picture without those classy renderings.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:48   #367
BHPian

Electra 500 EFI Deluxe

Does anyone know if RE is bringing the Electra 500 EFI Deluxe? It is currently being offered in the rest of the world. The 500cc UCE engine is the same as in the Classic, but I prefer the styling of the Electra Deluxe much more. The 19 inch rear wheel nicely fills up the wheel arch. IMHO, this is much more tastefully done, although I could not help noticing the detailing on the sides seems to be a straight lift from the TBTS. The design looks clean and efficient, again my opinion.

I hope RE introduces this version sooner rather than later, aren't we finally supposed to be getting the same bikes that were earlier "export only"?

I am still in the market for a used 500 CI(used 500 CIs are hard to come by in Hyderabad), but if the Electra Deluxe becomes available it would be on the top of my list.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-screenhunter_04-oct.-22-08.58.gif  

Old 22nd October 2009, 20:14   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_of_Burden View Post
Does anyone know if RE is bringing the Electra 500 EFI Deluxe? It is currently being offered in the rest of the world. The 500cc UCE engine is the same as in the Classic, but I prefer the styling of the Electra Deluxe much more. The 19 inch rear wheel nicely fills up the wheel arch. IMHO, this is much more tastefully done, although I could not help noticing the detailing on the sides seems to be a straight lift from the TBTS. The design looks clean and efficient, again my opinion.

I hope RE introduces this version sooner rather than later, aren't we finally supposed to be getting the same bikes that were earlier "export only"?

I am still in the market for a used 500 CI(used 500 CIs are hard to come by in Hyderabad), but if the Electra Deluxe becomes available it would be on the top of my list.
Dont worry, by end of 2010 all the RE models will be with UCE 350/500.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:08   #369
BHPian

Looks like every one is interested only in the Classic. Is anyone aware of the other model that's going to released along with the Classic on Nov 4? Will that be a 350 UCE or 500 UCE?
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:31   #370
BANNED

Quote:
Is anyone aware of the other model that's going to released along with the Classic on Nov 4?
We are. Look for some earlier posts - where i have added a link for a road test done by an UK magazine.

The Classic is what introduced the "engine" to us, so we keep saying Classic.

But yes since the thread is about the Classic, we talk Classic.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:18   #371
BHPian

Quote:
We are. Look for some earlier posts - where i have added a link for a road test done by an UK magazine.

The Classic is what introduced the "engine" to us, so we keep saying Classic.

But yes since the thread is about the Classic, we talk Classic.
Spitfire, I saw the link, but was trying to learn if the model coming alongside classic is a machismo 500 or 350. Almost in all the forums the information that another model, maybe electra/machismo 500/350 EFI/Carb with UCE engine will be launched on Nov 4 with classic, exists. But no one seems to know the exact spec
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:27   #372
BANNED

Quote:
Spitfire, I saw the link, but was trying to learn if the model coming alongside classic is a machismo 500 or 350.
Is there a 350 EFI?

The 500 EFI is a UCE engine with EFI. This will probably come in CLassic, Machismo (replacing LB500) guise. The Electra version sold abroad may not be available here.

The TB stays 350 cc.

The 350 is a UCE engine with carb and twin spark - which we alreay have here.

This is what i understand. Open to correction. I don't have any "inside" knowledge lol. we should know in a fortnight.

Last edited by Spitfire : 23rd October 2009 at 11:28.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:38   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a 350 EFI?

The 500 EFI is a UCE engine with EFI. This will probably come in CLassic, Machismo (replacing LB500) guise. The Electra version sold abroad may not be available here.

The TB stays 350 cc.

The 350 is a UCE engine with carb and twin spark - which we alreay have here.

This is what i understand. Open to correction. I don't have any "inside" knowledge lol. we should know in a fortnight.
I popped in to Soniya Motors, Bhandup, Mumbai yesterday after leaving work early just for a dekko of the lb500.

The lb500 production has been stopped. No idea if it will be restarted.

The staff had just entered the showroom a few minutes prior to my reaching there. They had just returned from a training as well as internal RE promotion of the two classics. I was shown the internal marketing brochures (xerox copies) for both.

So its going to be a classic 500cc UCE EFI and a classic 350cc UCE Carb as in the TBTS. Thats it. Also I was told that both will be sold in two versions, with a single seat and a pillion seat.

And both have 18" tyres. The launch date is 4th. No idea on the pricing. But have given my number for when they receive the TD/display unit.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:52   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
So its going to be a classic 500cc UCE EFI and a classic 350cc UCE Carb as in the TBTS. Thats it.
So I was correct. The LB 500 has been consigned to history. I knew this was not their best attempt at it anyways.

We (I atleast) would like a STD look Bullet with the UCE 500 EFI.

Quote:
And both have 18" tyres.
Thats a downer. But why?
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:28   #375
BHPian

Quote:
So I was correct. The LB 500 has been consigned to history. I knew this was not their best attempt at it anyways.

We (I atleast) would like a STD look Bullet with the UCE 500 EFI.

Thats a downer. But why?
You said it Spitfire, I too would like to see a 'classic' std looking bullet with the UCE 500 EFI myself.

There were separate mktg literatures for both 350 and 500. I checked and confirmed both are 18".

The only guy there was definitely not technically inclined and could not give me any input apart from "this bullet is going to be super hit sir."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks