Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 12:14   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Other two colours will attract a bit of attention from the onlookers which I really don't want. I wish they had the British racing green, I would have gone for that.
The Bullet CLassic Green looks more like Sky Blue so a strict no no. Black is elegant n that what suits best for a Royal Enfield.
Old 1st November 2009, 14:06   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
The Bullet CLassic Green looks more like Sky Blue so a strict no no. Black is elegant n that what suits best for a Royal Enfield.
Maroon for me, ....a bit different but not too different
Old 1st November 2009, 14:53   #498

Anyone going for the mototune method of breaking in the classic? Do you think its possible with enfields?
Old 1st November 2009, 16:27   #499
Senior - BHPian

that method is just too dangerous.look at the millions of cars and bikes around you.are they not running properly and efficiently for years and piling on lakhs of kilometers with the factory suggested run-in system.then why do you want to risk it?

those guys are not fools.even hyper performance companies like yamaha,ducati,ferrari,lambo etc.everyone suggests a good slow run in.

have you ever seen work being done on a lathe.make the speed of the lathe too fast or make the tool incision too deep and a huge chip of metal will come out of the metal product and ruin it.

this is what is runin.slowly machining the different metal engine parts to have a perfect tolerance and working efficiency.

and if you say that now things have improved and parts are built to better tolerances then go to your nearest superbike service center and ask him to show you the oil from a superbike's first service.it'll have metal filings.i had them in my bike.and i know they are in every new engine if its not already been run in from the factory.
Old 1st November 2009, 21:51   #500
Senior - BHPian

Black it's going to be then unless I am left with no option but to go for either of two colours. I hope he has black out of those 7 bikes which he has got in stock. It will be hard for me to wait after 10 November so fingers crossed.

Anyway I am getting contradicting statements from RE employees about the price. The dealer where I have booked my bike said the price range between 80-90k. His employee who has actually attended the meeting at RE's head office is saying 80-85k and the price of the thunderbird has been reduced to 93 from 97k.

Can anybody confirm the reduced prices?

Also if someone can shed some light if the upswept exhaust will be available as a accessory.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:37   #501
Senior - BHPian

The upswept exhaust is already available in the aftermarket as of now and the finish is as good as from RE.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:58   #502
Senior - BHPian

Does it void the warranty (If there is any)?
Old 1st November 2009, 23:16   #503
Senior - BHPian

Depends on the dealer.if he's a grumpy one like we have here in doon he'll even void the warranty for even washing the bike other than the regular service center.lol.

then there are people who are good and they will not, knowing that an exhaust won't damage the engine as much as the nut riding it. :P
Old 1st November 2009, 23:59   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
that method is just too dangerous.look at the millions of cars and bikes around you.are they not running properly and efficiently for years and piling on lakhs of kilometers with the factory suggested run-in system.then why do you want to risk it?

those guys are not fools.even hyper performance companies like yamaha,ducati,ferrari,lambo etc.everyone suggests a good slow run in.

have you ever seen work being done on a lathe.make the speed of the lathe too fast or make the tool incision too deep and a huge chip of metal will come out of the metal product and ruin it.

this is what is runin.slowly machining the different metal engine parts to have a perfect tolerance and working efficiency.

and if you say that now things have improved and parts are built to better tolerances then go to your nearest superbike service center and ask him to show you the oil from a superbike's first service.it'll have metal filings.i had them in my bike.and i know they are in every new engine if its not already been run in from the factory.
I echo that.

Quote:
Black it's going to be then unless I am left with no option but to go for either of two colours. I hope he has black out of those 7 bikes which he has got in stock. It will be hard for me to wait after 10 November so fingers crossed.

Anyway I am getting contradicting statements from RE employees about the price. The dealer where I have booked my bike said the price range between 80-90k. His employee who has actually attended the meeting at RE's head office is saying 80-85k and the price of the thunderbird has been reduced to 93 from 97k.

Can anybody confirm the reduced prices?

Also if someone can shed some light if the upswept exhaust will be available as a accessory.

I seriously doubt the Classic UCE350 selling for much lesser than the TBTS. Meanwhile, the prices your dealer mentioned could be ex-showroom.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:12   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The upswept exhaust is already available in the aftermarket as of now and the finish is as good as from RE.
I rather have the OEM RE exhaust then the aftermarket one. Will keep the warranty intact.
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:28   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is good news as the straight silencer does not suit the bike.

Will it void the warranty?
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:36   #507
Senior - BHPian

@Patiencewins

He has already answered that.

Depends on your relations with the dealer.

Quote:
Depends on the dealer.if he's a grumpy one like we have here in doon he'll even void the warranty for even washing the bike other than the regular service center.lol.

then there are people who are good and they will not, knowing that an exhaust won't damage the engine as much as the nut riding it. :P
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:38   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I rather have the OEM RE exhaust then the aftermarket one. Will keep the warranty intact.
Dude, plonk on the aftermarket muffler if you want to. God forbid you have some issues that require warranty, reinstall the stock one. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:15   #509
BHPian

Yeah , i saw the upswept exhaust yesterday, the chrome was not that shiny as it, but the thump was good & steady, But i have to say, that the bull looked even better with that.

"" there is a guy who has converted his STD 350 into the classic here at dehradun ""
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:37   #510

Quote:

Appreciate the feedback-Guess you have a point there. I'll stick to the slow 'n easy method.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks