Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 00:21   #586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Maybe a TR or two will give a better perspective.

Eagerly waiting for a test ride. The bangalore showrooms say - no TR yet. Hate Yamaha for bringing in this trend of no TRs.
From 8th nov onwards you can get TR in jaynagar store.
Old 6th November 2009, 00:31   #587
BHPian

Coupla shots

Classic 500

Classic 350

Old 6th November 2009, 00:39   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
Ok - let me try and get some advise on this forum
I have a 1959 Bullet 350, immaculately restored and with all possible period original period parts including long legs, QD hubs, amal carb etc etc.the list is endless.............I have spent over 2 lakhs on this bike.

Until now I was bitten by the Vintage bug but now I want a bike which will help me satisfy my touring requirements. Dont get me wrong, The 59 runs like a dream but I just dont have the heart to trash it. Also the drum brakes and aeging technology makes reliability a bit of an issue.

The biggest problem of all - my wife will not let me keep two bikes. No arguments here....and I dare not even try.

Ever since I have seen the Classic 500, am tempted to sell off the 59 and buy a mordern, reliable machine, but when I look at the beauty in my garage...I get reminded of the pain, money and the effort that has gone in to building her.

Gentlemen - Advise please
Convince your wife. Buy the UCE500. Keep the STD350. For starters, tell your wife that RE isn't producing the STD350 anymore. It's value will go up drastically in the next year or so. So, tell her that you will sell your STD later, when you can recoup the amount you've spent. After that, it is all about Tomorrow never dies, Tomorrow never comes.
Old 6th November 2009, 01:02   #589

I would say RE customer service is the best,they got back to me in 10 hours if we say precisely its 2 working hours,i haven't heard of any manufacturers being such
they called me answered to my queries as well as put me a email.

here is the proof guys

Mail to RE

from Guhan Palanisamy <guhanpalanisamy@gmail.com>
sender time Sent at 22:07 (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 00:55. ✆
to customerservice@royalenfield.com
date 3 November 2009 22:07
subject Re : Standarad 350 Refurbishment
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 3 Nov (2 days ago)
Greetings

I am a very proud owner of Bullet for past two generations.

Currently I have a 91 Model 350,which has a good engine condition but body works need to be attended.

I would be very glad to know if i have the facility to purchase the spares required directly from factory through whatsoever procedures applicable

By any case RE undertakes refurbishment work of its bulls.

I would be glad to hear from you,ignorance in any issue regretted.

--

Regards,
Guhan Palanisamy

Mail from RE

from Customerservice Royal Enfield <customerservice@royalenfield.com>
sender time Sent at 09:38 (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 01:00. ✆
to Guhan Palanisamy <guhanpalanisamy@gmail.com>
cc B Nagarathinam <bnagarathinam@royalenfield.com>
date 4 November 2009 09:38
subject RE: Re : Standarad 350 Refurbishment
hide details 4 Nov (2 days ago)

Dear Sir

Thanks for your mail, we advised our Manager Sales & Service Mr.B.Nagarathinam located at Coimbatore Brand Store (Contact Number is 9943556633) will get in touch with you at the earliest & explain to you.

Regards
K.Ramalingam

Now tell me guys,how's Royal Enfield's Customer Support ?
Old 6th November 2009, 01:49   #590
BHPian

@bmw_m5_titus - lovely shots . So do you find the Classic 500 short? I remember somewhere earlier in this forum you were worried it might be short with 18" wheels
Old 6th November 2009, 02:02   #591
BHPian

Dear Royal Enfield,

Thank you for keeping the brand alive. Thank you for innovation where it counts, retaining the soul nevertheless. This weekend I shall proceed to put my money down on a relaxed classic 350, and ride away into the sunset
Old 6th November 2009, 02:48   #592
BHPian

More pictures Titus please . was that a teaser ? lol . its worked ! Now let us have more !

Tyres look like MRF Zapper FS and Zapper Q for front and back respectively on the 500 . Not imported Avons . Or are they ??

Ride Reviews Please !
Old 6th November 2009, 07:49   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Ok - let me try and get some advise on this forum
I have a 1959 Bullet 350, immaculately restored and with all possible period original period parts including long legs, QD hubs, amal carb etc etc.the list is endless.............I have spent over 2 lakhs on this bike.

Until now I was bitten by the Vintage bug but now I want a bike which will help me satisfy my touring requirements. Dont get me wrong, The 59 runs like a dream but I just dont have the heart to trash it. Also the drum brakes and aeging technology makes reliability a bit of an issue.

The biggest problem of all - my wife will not let me keep two bikes. No arguments here....and I dare not even try.

Ever since I have seen the Classic 500, am tempted to sell off the 59 and buy a mordern, reliable machine, but when I look at the beauty in my garage...I get reminded of the pain, money and the effort that has gone in to building her.

Gentlemen - Advise please
lol

I so totally get the feeling.

Since I was in the vicinity, I went to the RE brand store at Bandra just to check out the 500 yesterday. There was one in maroon and it was a beauty. It seems smaller with lesser presence than the lb500 as somebody has pointed out. But it actually looks very well put together and the proportions seem perfect for its design. And actually looks more manageable for people with a smaller build. I was sooo tempted to book it then.

And last night I actually contemplated selling my CI 500 and upgrading. But with a clearer mind today morning I have decided to hold on to my CI500 for sometime to see how the classic actually fares. And maybe wait for a UCE 500 Machismo?

My gut feel, provided reliability of this model holds up (engine and all) and RE provides mktg support, is that the Classic might just change or remake RE's future.
Old 6th November 2009, 07:55   #594
BHPian

rrahul, Thanks! But I think you got it wrong on me worrying about the 18inchers(not that I did like it), must be someone else.
Yes, the bike looked physically smaller, there's no doubt about it and the only colors available at cochin brandstore were the candy floss maroon, green etc which didnt help matters.
The finish levels are good, its a head turner but it just doesnt have that imposing presence. For me, the 19 inch front on the 350 didn't make a very big difference to that.
Tyres on 500 are mrf zapper fs 90/90-18 and zapper q 110/90-18 at rear.

No rides yet! I tried to coax them for a ride but to no avail.

Clear lens for pilot lamps. Also the C500 had the handle bar of std350 while the c350 had that of machismo.
Is this consistent everywhere?

Old 6th November 2009, 11:05   #595
BHPian

Color ??

Did anyone manage to see c 350 in the green color ?? or any other color other than green, maroon and black ??
The website says C 350 will be available in black, maroon and GREY ( which looks too good on my monitor atleast ) and C 500 will be available in black,maroon and GREEN.. So two exclusive colors for both of them..

Royal Enfield Classic - The Classic is Reborn

Awesome, I wish i had a little more money, would have booked a C500 in green, and would have been a proud owner of a 500 LB and C 500 .

Wishing Never ends.

Happy Riding !!

Last edited by blurust : 6th November 2009 at 11:06.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:54   #596
BHPian

Quote:
..I have a 1959 Bullet 350, immaculately restored... Ever since I have seen the Classic 500, am tempted to sell off the 59..
You have a '57 also, rite? Trading '59 for a new 500 would hopefully be pacified by that '57.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I am finally getting a mechanical Bull ...
Correction, pl not me, new 500 is "Electronic Bull".
Old 6th November 2009, 13:02   #597
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from my very short 500 TD It was awesome. The single seat is meant for heavy built people I guess as it didn't sunk much into the frame with my weight(73kg). It felt like sitting on a standard Bullet.

On pressing the SS, the Bull came to life with a breeze. RE executive sat behind me as if I was going to steal the bike Took it straight to a longer stretch of road. Gear shift was smooth although I felt there was a bit of free movement in the gear lever. No false neutral as I had experienced earlier in 350 Classic.

In less then 500m, it touched 100 without creating a fuss or strain. This was without accelerating hard and easy on throttle approach. I bet this bull can easily cruise at 110 all day long. This 500 had a long silencer and I felt if the engine was being held back.

The thump was less compared to the shorter silencer and I feel the shorter silencer will ease up the breathing on 500 and improve the feel and acceleration on it.

Now for the debatable hardcore real Bulleter's. Guys you will not miss much about the feel of the engine. If you know what I mean. It sounds and feel a lot like the Bullet we are used to or the one we all love but with better features, reliability and performance.

You just don't feel the 187Kg under you and the chassis feels quite tuned to the engine and it holds it quite well on the turns.

Front disk brake and shocks is something to be worked on. The front brake feels harsh, the spongy feel you get with the lighter bikes is not there. On front braking it hardly effects the front suspension and does not absorbs much of the braking effect.
Rear brake was hardly working as this bike was not meant for TD so they did not bother tightening the rear brake or replacing the rear shoes. Mind you, this bike had done over 10k on roads.

There was this irritating noise coming from the engine between 30-60km/h. Hard to describe it but something like pukk-pukk-pukk which kept increasing with the RPM and went away after 60. My wild guess is that its due to the catcom which can be sorted later perhaps.

This is what I gathered from 1.5km TD. Will get a better picture once I have my own 500 hopefully soon

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th November 2009 at 16:03. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 6th November 2009, 13:55   #598
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
From 8th nov onwards you can get TR in jaynagar store.
Hey thanks, will be headed there this weekend.

Randhwa: Nice review. Itching to get a TR soon.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:05   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
lol

I so totally get the feeling.
===========
My gut feel, provided reliability of this model holds up (engine and all) and RE provides mktg support, is that the Classic might just change or remake RE's future.
and when that does happen, and i pray that it does
can i buy your CI500?? pls pls pretty pls
Old 6th November 2009, 22:34   #600
BHPian

[quote=Rennjit;1568686]You have a '57 also, rite? Trading '59 for a new 500 would hopefully be pacified by that '57. quote]

No buddy....That one went to a good friend and the money has been missing ever since my wife saw it:-)))

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks